Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's the best iPad junk file cleaner or all around iOS cleaner?

I've heard of one called battery doctor but it's not available in the us.

Comments

• @kobamoto

It's showing as available in US both in iTunes Preview and Link Maker. Try following any of these links:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battery-doctor-must-have-battery/id615987910?mt=8
    https://linkmaker.itunes.apple.com/en-us/details/615987910?q=battery doctor&country=us&media=all&genre=all

Bear in mind that it's not an universal app, so maybe you searched for it on iTunes and didn't get any results if you didn't select the iPhone-only results filter.

• edited September 2015

I had a look at Battery doctor on the App Store and there's nothing in the description that says it'll create more storage space !

You yourself @kobamoto is the best at deciding which audio/songs from such apps should be deleted. And if you copy everything to your desktop/laptop/external drive via iTunes first, then you can confidently delete away.

EDIT- I usually start with the apps that have the most and largest audio files, like for me, Cubasis, TwistedWave and AudioMastering. Save all audio from each app first, then delete unwanted and large audio files from each app after. It's free and you know what's going and what's staying.

• Here's one - I tried the free version (works for 7 days) $1.99 IAP

iDoctor Device - Battery Memory Disk and System Maintenance by Phan Minh Nhut
    https://appsto.re/us/joVl5.i

It showed freeing up disk space, supposedly cleaning up temp and cache files.

• thanks for the help everyone I have another question, basically I'm going through all of this because I desperately need to get Elastic drums back to working correctly on my iPad. I know my iPad 3 is no powerhouse of a device but up until recently it's been running Elastic Drums like a champ, no issues. Now since updating to 8.4.1 from 7.1.2 and also updating Elastic Drums as well all I get is crackling/deteriorating audio, no matter how many times I've reinstalled the app.

so now my question is what is the best way to erase every single thing on my iPad and then reinstall everything, I'd like to install Elastic Drums first and see how it performs being the only app on my iPad?

• Snapstats will put all that info on your notification screen, and just looking at "usage" under gnl settings will show you what's consuming space.

• @kobamoto - unfortunately there's no going back to iOS 7. You can try this one:

http://ipad.about.com/od/iPad_Guide/ss/How-To-Wipe-Your-iPad-And-Erase-Data.htm

This will leave you with an iPad like out of the box (only with the iOS version unchanged).

First, be sure to have a backup.

Second, copy all your files (samples, songs, projects, etc.) off line some where, especially if those that can't be gotten else where. Not all apps back up everything you create in them and even if they do, you can only get them back by doing a restore, which is not what describe you want to do.

Have you gone through all the system settings and turned off every feature you don't absolutely require? Notifications, background app refresh,iTunes automatic downloads, hand off, suggested apps, iTunes wifi sync, Messaging, FaceTime, Location Services, Email fetch set to Manual, anything automatic upload/download/sync of data/photos.

• The best cleaner is your brain and finger, I'd never trust an app to fiddle around. Yes, go to settings / general / usage / storage / manage storage to see what's taking up the most space. You can delete apps from that screen too. Connecting your iOS device to your PC iTunes and performing a Backup and Sync will also free up space. Holding down the Home and Power button to restart your iOS will also perform some cleanup activities and give it a fresh start.

• If jail breaking is an option for you then 'icleaner' is perfect. You have to buy it via cydia.

Just remember jail breaking does not always mean werez, I never use werez and find that there are many useful utilities available that are within cydia.

• yeah I've turned off everything possible to turn off or disable but Elastic is killing my ip3, and just to clarify before I didn't have to turn off anything and Elastic ran great, I'm truly dumfounded by it's current performance, so i just want to back everything up, erase everything and only load elastic up and see how it performs then.

so to back up I should just do the standard back up through iTunes right, cause my pads not jailbroken and ifunbox doesn't work any more right..... after I erase everything is it possible to restore one app at a time from iTunes or I have to restore everything at once?

• @Zetagy said:
    The best cleaner is your brain and finger, I'd never trust an app to fiddle around. Yes, go to settings / general / usage / storage / manage storage to see what's taking up the most space. You can delete apps from that screen too. Connecting your iOS device to your PC iTunes and performing a Backup and Sync will also free up space. Holding down the Home and Power button to restart your iOS will also perform some cleanup activities and give it a fresh start.

That sounds like common sense, but what about that mysterious 'other' that grows over time ?
    I've tried the 'Memory & Disk Scanner Pro' which did reclaim some disk space.

• I've found that the 'Other' is prone to both growing and shrinking as it sees fit. It was almost up to 5GB on my iPad not too long ago, then I cleaned the internet cache and deleted some other junk and it dropped down to 2-3GB.

• @kobamoto - you can do normal backup from iTunes, but you must also copy the file from iTunes file sharing, as these are not always part of the iTunes backup. Many Apps only backup their configuration and anything you have created or imported is not part of the iTunes backup.

As far as iTunes restore, it's a all or nothing restore, and the Apps themselves are not part of the iTunes backup either, so they ussually install the latest version (so be careful if you are not running the latest App versions).

To selectively restore Apps, it's basically manual install from your purchased apps and manual configuration. So for a few apps it's not so bad. If it still doesn't work right, then you can do a full restore back to where you are now.

• ok, thank you Ganthofer and everybody else I think you all got me sorted :)
    I'm on the road to iOS recovery now lol.

• edited September 2015

I apologize if it's frowned upon to talk about, but literally the only reasons I jailbroke were 1) iCleaner and 2) to have access to the file system for copy pasting/file transfer between music apps. Audioshare does pretty much everything I need on this front now. Godsend of an app.

• Idoctor is great to free up some memory.It kills most of the background tasks and its very handy to kill all your apps at once that are running in the background. If i wanna clean old junk files i use Ifunbox and look for the shared folders.I just reset my Ipad once a year to be sure the system files stays clean.

• I've got Battery Doctor which works fine. I haven't used it in a long time so I found out that I accumulated 1 GB of junk files.

• Speaking of how to clear cache on iPhone, you can clear your safari cache via iPhone's "Clear History and Website Data" funciton after going to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. If you want clean up app cache files, you may need to uninstall and reinstall your app on iPhone. Or you can try iOS Data Eraser which is an handy and all-inclusive program for iOS users to settle the problem on erase data on iPhone.

• wimwim
    edited October 2017

Call me a ridiculous skeptic, but as no app can have access to the files area of any other app due to Apple Sandboxing, it’s very hard to believe that there are any apps for non jail broken phones that could make any real difference. Some sort of sleight of hand has to be at work.

• @Vomer said:

@dblonde said:
    If jail breaking is an option for you then 'icleaner' is perfect. You have to buy it via cydia.

Just remember jail breaking does not always mean werez, I never use werez and find that there are many useful utilities available that are within cydia.

I used icleaner once,but the results were not so good.

As I recall (it's been years), you have to tweak the settings, especially to make sure it doesn't wipe out certain caches/saved work.

• edited January 2019

Please guys, stay away from so-called "cleaner apps" as far as you can!!
    There is no way for an official, non-hacker app to access data from all other apps, that's part of Apple's security mechanism. Some write junk into the device's memory to "free up memory space" by triggering the cleanup procedures of iOS itself (the same as when you open a large app and close it) or they fill your storage with junk so e.g. cached files are deleted by iOS itself.
    You can do all that without any 3rd party app.

What such apps can do is gather some information from your device and send it to the world (if you confirm a few questions asked after starting the app).

• edited January 2019

iOS needs a buil-in cache cleaning function as the automatic cleaning is not working properly...

Recently I helped a persn who had trouble installing an iOS update (on a 64GB device) which had like less than 1GB free space left...

Turned out that two apps were taking up an insane amount of storage. Facebook and Messenger alone had over 15GB Of cached ’stuff’ and I thought iOS would automatically clean up cached stuff when storage was getting low!? Apparently that’s not always the case...

The only way to fix this was to delete the two offending apps as Facebook is a huge lame ass company that can’t write properly optimised apps and blame iOS for the lack of housekeeping tools which is partially true since the other mobile OS has such functions... Maybe they want peoppe to switch so they can spy in their customers even more LOL.

I stand corrected there IS a way to clear the FB cache in the App but it’s somewhat hidden under Settings & Privacy > Settings > Browser...

• @Samu said:
    iOS needs a buil-in cache cleaning function as the automatic cleaning is not working properly...

Recently I helped a persn who had trouble installing an iOS update (on a 64GB device) which had like less than 1GB free space left...

Turned out that two apps were taking up an insane amount of storage. Facebook and Messenger alone had over 15GB Of cached ’stuff’ and I thought iOS would automatically clean up cached stuff when storage was getting low!? Apparently that’s not always the case...

The only way to fix this was to delete the two offending apps as Facebook is a huge lame ass company that can’t write properly optimised apps and blame iOS for the lack of housekeeping tools which is partially true since the other mobile OS has such functions... Maybe they want peoppe to switch so they can spy in their customers even more LOL.

I stand corrected there IS a way to clear the FB cache in the App but it’s somewhat hidden under Settings & Privacy > Settings > Browser...

So you expect iOS to delete user data from an app's user storage?
    I guess that's rather an issue with certain apps themselves.

• @rs2000 said:

As far as I've understood files can be 'tagged' as 'cached / temporary' and when space is needed iOS can and will delete them.(iOS automatically triggers this cleaning procedure when download larger apps or movie files) In short a well written app should tag 'cached / temporary' files and it should also be possible to manually trigger the cleaning routines to make space and keep performance on top.

For example it's impossible to clear the Spotify 'cache' without deleting the app.
    (Last time I deleted & re-installed Spotify.app the cache was >3GB).

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

As far as I've understood files can be 'tagged' as 'cached / temporary' and when space is needed iOS can and will delete them.(iOS automatically triggers this cleaning procedure when download larger apps or movie files) In short a well written app should tag 'cached / temporary' files and it should also be possible to manually trigger the cleaning routines to make space and keep performance on top.

For example it's impossible to clear the Spotify 'cache' without deleting the app.

Aah interesting. I bet a lot of developers don't even know this iOS feature exists.

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

Are you sure about Spotify? When I look at Spotify at the General tab where you can find how much space apps are using I'm offered with the choice to either clean up or remove Spotify. The first choice cleans the used space, the second idem but also removes the whole app.

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

In the app:
    Settings > Storage > Delete Cache

• @anickt said:

In the app:

They must have added that like not too long ago?

Thanks!

• @Samu said:

@anickt said:

In the app:

They must have added that like not too long ago?

Thanks!

They’ve done an update weekly for the past 3 weeks. Never say what’s in them though! :D

• @anickt said:

They’ve done an update weekly for the past 3 weeks. Never say what’s in them though! :D

Yeah, I'm waiting for the AppleTV version of Spotify like it will ever come :D
    It's been in the works for like forever...

• edited March 2019

@anickt said:

@Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

In the app:

If you want to delete the junk file and cache from iPhone,this is not enough.
    To do that,i suggest you install this app on your computer: https://www.safewiper.com/ios-data-eraser.html
    It is a professional tool for deleting iPhone data.