Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3TA+ PATCHES!

edited March 2014 in App Tips and Tricks

I've found some presets online that I wanted to share!

They work in the iOS version, I tried a few, but not all of them work.

http://patcharena.com/synth-resources/cakewalk-z3ta-2/

I saw the Mac/Pc version has a lot more presets. Anybody know if they work on iOS? Maybe we can download the VST demo and extract the presets. Anyone tried that?

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/z3ta/feature.aspx/1000-New-Sounds

Comments

• edited March 2014

Thanks Greg ! Will have to try them out....

Any idea how to get Zeta to remember the last patch when closed down ?

Can't seem to get it to do it automatically, it always defaults to something......I want to close it when I please and pick up where I left off.....is it possible ?

• I can't get it start where I left off, no matter what I choose in the settings.

Speaking of presets, I'd love to see a "favorite" preset option (like in Alchemy Mobile and others), and have the ones I marked as favorites show up under a "Favorites" tab/list.

• Select PGM - Startup program - choose which factory or user preset to use as default.

• @Greg

Yes The Desktop versions Soundbanks do work with the iOS app. Or at least most do sounds do. There are 2 folders from the Desktop program. Factory Content... which has different sounds than the iOS version, and there is Classic Content. I have both working in the iOS version. I just renamed the Factory Content to Desktop Content.

As for other ones out there... I found that some on PatchArena work and some don't you just have to try them. Muz3um 1 and 2 work, all the ones by Che work, Play The Wave works, Big Tone doesn't. Hit and miss. Think I have about 5000 or so sounds on it right now.

• @klrouw01 said:

@Greg

Yes The Desktop versions Soundbanks do work with the iOS app. Or at least most do sounds do. There are 2 folders from the Desktop program. Factory Content... which has different sounds than the iOS version, and there is Classic Content. I have both working in the iOS version.

Thanks, Im gonna try that by downloading the desktop demo!

• @Trueyorky said:

Select PGM - Startup program - choose which factory or user preset to use as default.

So there is no way for it to remember which patch I used last without telling it ?

• @DaveMagoo said:

So there is no way for it to remember which patch I used last without telling it ?

As far as I know not. Sunrizer and Animoog don't do that either.

• Create a preset called Current, set it to be the startup default in the settings. Whenever you are about to quit the app, save your patch as Current, then it should reload when you next start the app.

• Thanks guys.

• edited March 2014

They are great. Thanks.
    There are some really good sounds.
    Few don't play, but I guess my iPad3 is too limited and perhaps those with 4 or Air may play them better.

• Wow Awesome!

I just downloaded the free desktop trail version and extracted all the factory presets to my iPad with i-FunBox. The're so much better then the iOS presets.
    Be sure to rename the "factory content"folder so it doesn't overwrite the iOS folder. The z3ta+ Classic Content folder also works, beautiful!

Here's the trial;
    http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Z3TA/web-trial.aspx

• edited March 2014

Thanks!

• Hmmm,
    someone forgot to pay the bill! :)

• Thanx a lot!!!!! After i read this i bought z3ta with this patches and some of my old patches i have thousands of great sounds on my ipad, cant wait for a midi update of z3ta

• Yeah, the more i play this amazing synth, the more i love it. Amazing how great it sounds, so warm, so lush, especially the pads, incredible that we can be in this time of age where we can have this amazing technology right on such a small gadget. I'm just waiting for an update to be able to use live to be able to switch patches on the fly with an open patch screen!

• Is it possible to load patches from Audioshare? Not having much luck. I just rediscovered my love for this synth as well as it's fantastic arp patterns!

• If you guys keep talking about this synth I am going to buy it. I have been waiting on a sale but it seems it will never go on sale again. I am sure as soon as I buy it, it will go on sale the next day.

• I don't think it will ever go on sale either. I waited, and finally just took the plunge a while back. Waited for ifretless bass too, had to get that full price too. O well, the sacrifices we have to make. ;)

• edited July 2015

@gmslayton Z3ta+ is a steal for 20 bucks. If you only have 3 synths on iOS, Z3ta+ has to be one (harder to pick only two others...!)

If you want to feel better about the $20, here's a link to download the free (full) Z3ta VST.
    (This is the deprecated, previous version of the synth, free and legal). The presets and waveforms are transferable to your iOS version. http://www.fruitytuts.com/Downloads/vst-plugins/z3ta/

• @Littlewoodg said:
    gmslayton Z3ta+ is a steal for 20 bucks. If you only have 3 synths on iOS, Z3ta+ has to be one (harder to pick only two others...!)

If you want to feel better about the $20, here's a link to download the free (full) Z3ta VST.
    (This is the deprecated, previous version of the synth, free and legal). The presets and waveforms are transferable to your iOS version. http://www.fruitytuts.com/Downloads/vst-plugins/z3ta/

Cool thanks, I think it's worth $20, I just like a good deal too. ;)

• edited July 2015

@High5denied said:

Yes indeed. The sales on the top tier stuff feel like getting free money. But/And I think you're right that Z3ta probably won't see a sale.

As our comrade @gmslayton hasn't yet taken the plunge (that we both have, from what you said, you paid the full price like me) I thought I'd pass on the small inducement

• @Littlewoodg Thanks. Yea I will take the plunge soon, probably sometime next week. I have $34 in iTunes credit that I am being stingy with. I am going to be recording some Foley sounds for a web series tomorrow and maybe next week so I wanted to save it to make sure I didn't need to purchase any apps for that.

• @gmslayton said:
    Yea I will take the plunge soon, probably sometime next week.

Be sure to get the desktop presets, they're awesome!

• @gmslayton said:
    Littlewoodg Thanks. Yea I will take the plunge soon, probably sometime next week. I have $34 in iTunes credit that I am being stingy with. I am going to be recording some Foley sounds for a web series tomorrow and maybe next week so I wanted to save it to make sure I didn't need to purchase any apps for that.

Cool on the Foley gig!
    It's funny, nothing slows me down on app purchases as much as having a nice plump iTunes credit...

• @Littlewoodg said:
    gmslayton Z3ta+ is a steal for 20 bucks. If you only have 3 synths on iOS, Z3ta+ has to be one (harder to pick only two others...!)

I can't figure out how to get the presets into my Z3ta synth? I've done it before with some of Zenlizards presets. I forgot how I did it? Help please. TY!

• edited July 2015

@High5denied said:
    I can't figure out how to get the presets into my Z3ta synth? I've done it before with some of Zenlizards presets. I forgot how I did it? Help please. TY!

This is something I did a year ago with a working iFunbox. I've only just now downloaded the newest (post ios8) iFunbox and haven't gotten anywhere with it yet (takes me a while).

Longstoryshort I've been using iTunes file transfer to do this stuff lately.

Z3ta patch import has two parts, and I think both can be done the iTunes file share way, drag and drop into the Z3ta file page in the file share utility in iTunes.

The .WAVs go in one file ("user wavs" I think) and patch files (.fxp) go in another. What's weird is that you can't open the folders the usual way and you don't direct the files into them. But because they are distinct file types they end up where they ought once they are dropped into the main page of Z3ta's folders.

You won't need wav for all patches by the way, but the crazy fun of Z3ta is partly its user wav function, so have at it!

This is how it's working in other apps and I think that's what's what here too.

• @Littlewoodg Thank you. I've had Z3TA for ages but not done much with it. My ears now hurt and I am happy :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Littlewoodg Thank you. I've had Z3TA for ages but not done much with it. My ears now hurt and I am happy :)

The pleasures mine though it's Z3ta that done it. Z3ta is one to conjure with.

• Please tell me Zeta+ for iOS has a batch import that I am just not seeing? I tried to drop a couple of these into it last night and literally after pressing OK for half an hour uninstalled and reinstalled to get me back to basic hahaha.

• Ifunbox works only with IOS 8 2 and below. That's how I get into my Zeta folders