Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MT DAW looping + audiobus

hey ! happy new year everyone !
I have one question before i consider buying MT DAW....
can you set the MT DAW in loop mode and then record apps via audiobus in it ?

Comments

• You can set punch-in areas in MTDaw and it will loop. You can then use the controls to record in that loop, but the record is a one shot deal. In other words, the recording doesn't loop. Hope this helps. For what it's worth, MT DAW is worth every penny imo.

• bought it ! yep it does what i want .. and overall is totally awesome app !
    bye bye loopy -- welcome MT DAW : )

• edited January 2013

Personally I think Loopy is a great tool as well. I think they serve different purposes. MTDaw is more of a traditional daw (not as much as Auria, brut impressively powerful and lightweight). Loopy seems like it lends itself to more of a live performance tool and its honestly made me a better musician once I started looking at it that way. That's just my opinion of course, but I think they're both wonderful apps. Glad you like MTDaw. I know I've gotten a ton of fun out of it.

• yea but i will use MT DAW for looping too : )
    loopy for sure is really kool , problem with it is that i can export only really wierd timing loops from it.

• I've never had this issue about timing with Loopy. And it has provided me the best user experience with recording through Audiobus yet (which I would hope is the case, seeing as they are made by the same dev.) Every loop I've made in it has been well-quantized and sounded great! Are you sure your settings are correct for what it is you're trying to do? In loopy and whatever app/program you are exporting to?

• in loopy sure everything sounds great !
    problems start when i export loops to ableton , i can export only pure recordings , all loopys set loop points are missing , like lot of loops is much longer and starts with silience (everything is in right tempo in loopy and ableton).

• Mike knows about this and is going to fix it in a coming update for Loopy.

• Hi Guys,
    In Ableton, right click on the first transient and "Set 1.1.1 here". Problem solved :D

I really love the way Loopy creates folders named "Project.loopysession"

I really hope Beatmaker will record audio in project folder when they enable Audiobus, because right now the scatter stuff all over the place.

• thanks for the tip !