Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One Synth One Track

edited July 2015 in Creations

Put your one synth tracks here!

This is all FM4.
Genre: Chill Jazz/Soundtrack ... maybe. :)

Comments

• Nice work! FM4 was one I always wanted to check out but didn't know if I needed another synth app. Is there a multitrack recorder in app?

• edited July 2015

@BvsMV said:
    Nice work! FM4 was one I always wanted to check out but didn't know if I needed another synth app. Is there a multitrack recorder in app?

Thanks for your reply. There's no recorder on board. I recorded it all into Auria and used Auria standard delay and reverb for effects, but any DAW would do the job.

It's the best FM synth on iOS. Recommended!

• edited July 2015

Used Nave patch called "Dream of You" from Arksun. I just loved quality of the sound so much, I had to record something. Recorded into Cubasis.

• @bsantoro said:
    Used Nave patch called I Dream of You. I just loved the sound so much, I had to record something. Recorded into Cubasis.

Nice track. The patch has a bit of an FM quality to it. Nave is definitely on my list for making a full track. I have it, but haven't got around to using it yet.

• After listening to this i am totally relaxed again. Thanks :)

• Everything on this is Sunrizer

• edited July 2015

@bsantoro said:
    Used Nave patch called I Dream of You. I just loved the sound so much, I had to record something. Recorded into Cubasis.

Like that Nave patch going to have to find that one and have a play. Nice track

• @lala had a nice all sunrizer track.

This is almost all Voice Synth. Well, the drums themselves came from DM-1 but processed through VS.

• @syrupcore said:
    lala had a nice all sunrizer track.

This is almost all Voice Synth. Well, the drums themselves came from DM-1 but processed through VS.

Wow, that sounds awesome! I've used voice synth before but never quite "got it. " I'll have to revisit it. This sounds very cool.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Everything on this is Sunrizer

Cool. I only just bought Sunriser, have yet to use it in a track.

@syrupcore said:

Nice Dub Reggae vibe. I hadn't heard of Voice Synth before.

• This is a placement demo for New Year No Mistake, from last year. The whole thing was purely iMS-20 for a lot of the design stage, so this is nothing but iMS-20, combined with my vocals in garageband, and that’s all.
    I’ve only just realised that Garageband iOS now allows uploading to youtube! Saves having to delete existing uploads to stay within my snoudcloud quota.

• @u0421793 said:
    This is a placement demo for New Year No Mistake, from last year. The whole thing was purely iMS-20 for a lot of the design stage, so this is nothing but iMS-20, combined with my vocals in garageband, and that’s all.

Good sound design there. I also did a iMS20 only track. It's a pretty versatile synth.
    ...The vocals wouldn't be John Lydon, PIL, influenced would they? :-) The influence sounds more prominent on the final version of the song.

• Great sounding funk track there @u0421793 Was that all sequenced into garageband or did you play some of it live?

• edited July 2015

@Jocphone said:
    Great sounding funk track there u0421793 Was that all sequenced into garageband or did you play some of it live?

No, there was no sequencing at all in Garageband, it was simply used as the audio recorder. All the sequencing (there’s no live playing) was in iMS-20, but to get the voice on top of it, I recorded iMS-20 to Garageband and overdubbed the vocals.

I actually lost that whole iMS-20 song (due to an iOS update last year that went incorrectly, I ended up wiping the iPad2 and losing everything — not everything was backed up regularly at that time to Korg's soundcloud saving thing because my soundcloud was mostly full). I ended up recovering some of that stuff which I lost, a short while later, by taking one of the more recent iTunes iPad backups on the Mac, and using grep, eventually finding a likely chunk of data. I pasted that into a new backup (with a hex editor!) and restored it to the iPad, and got something usable back. It wasn’t the entire song, it was a later version of the song as separate middle8, verse sections, and chorus sections, and that’s the way I proceeded to work with it, as independent sections, only joining them together later.

It was then that I realised that the whole backup situation on the iPad is far more fragile than on the desktop. At the time, iCloud was full, soundcloud was full, and dropbox as always is full, so I tended not to back up much to cloud services, and I kept forgetting to do full backups to iTunes. Now I backup in iTunes over the wire on the Mac quite a lot more often.

• edited July 2015

@pichi said:
    ...The vocals wouldn't be John Lydon, PIL, influenced would they? :-) The influence sounds more prominent on the final version of the song.

Heh, thanks, that’s not far off the mark, and I was listening to him a bit this time last year when I did that track. The final design was more influenced by trying to sing a bit deeper than natural for me (i.e. deeper than this demo), and to do that I imagined I was singing like Paul Weller in his Jam days.

• Thanks ya'll.

• Entirely made from the Miami synth in Gadget... including the drum track...

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Entirely made from the Miami synth in Gadget... including the drum track...

Interesting piece. Some good sound design in there — very metallic and machine like. I really need to come to grips with Gadget some day and make a track with it. :)

• Thanks @pichi

It was fun to make. Gadget is amazing :)

• @pichi said:
    Put your one synth tracks here!

This is all FM4.
    Genre: Chill Jazz/Soundtrack ... maybe. :)

You've single-handedly dispelled my impression that FM synthesis sounds thin and dated, @pichi! Great sounds and nice piece.

• @bsantoro said:
    Used Nave patch called "Dream of You" from Arksun. I just loved quality of the sound so much, I had to record something. Recorded into Cubasis.

So smooth, @bsantoro! I could listen to you play all day.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Everything on this is Sunrizer

Parts of that really evoked one of my old favorites, Brian Eno, "Another Green World," @RedSkyLullaby. Love the lush, complex harmonies.

• @syrupcore said:

Cool, very polished instrumental, @syrupcore. Right in my wheelhouse, with all that great syncopation. You have a great "surprise chord" in your main theme that I really like.

• @u0421793 said:

This is a placement demo for New Year No Mistake, from last year. The whole thing was purely iMS-20 for a lot of the design stage, so this is nothing but iMS-20, combined with my vocals in garageband, and that’s all.
    I’ve only just realised that Garageband iOS now allows uploading to youtube! Saves having to delete existing uploads to stay within my snoudcloud quota.

Enjoyed it! You had me singing along by the end. I like the wide panning and lively motion of the synth sounds. iMS-20 sounds pretty great!

• ooh, thanks. That’s a good example of the old grey whistle test in action (not that you’re old, nor grey, neither did you whistle).

• @thus said:
    You've single-handedly dispelled my impression that FM synthesis sounds thin and dated, pichi! Great sounds and nice piece.

Thanks. :)