Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Horizons: Journey to Pluto

I made a little musical suite (soundscapes mostly) in four parts based on the current NASA mission (Pluto flyby will be next Tuesday July 14). Tim at Discchord, was kind enough to make a post on this today but I wanted to announce it over here too:

New Horizons is the fastest spacecraft humans have in space and has traveled about 3 billion miles for 9 and 1/2 years to get to Pluto. This was an incredible undertaking and I've been fascinated by the scale and scope of this mission. So this is an homage to NASA and all of the people who built the spacecraft and operate the mission.

I have a YouTube vid for Part-1 (Launch)

I put the 4 parts on Bandcamp for streaming or download if anyone is interested.

http://tozbourne.bandcamp.com/album/new-horizons-journey-to-pluto

NASA mission info:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/newhorizons/main/index.html

@
Created on iPad-mini 2 using apps: Synthmaster Player, Animoog, Thor, and Cubasis.
(Plus the standards: AudioBus, AudioShare, Audio Mastering)

Video apps used: Vid Pro , Game Your Video, and iMovie. Video clips from Videoblocks

Cheers,
Toz

Comments

• Neat. The songs are very cool and have a late classic 70's synth vibe (especially Launch). I just watched the first part of the 1979 Martian Chronicles TV miniseries and it has a similar sound which is really cool. Great job! :)

• Rock Hudson doing some late 70's sci-if...doesn't get much better that that. I hoped my music doesn't sound quite as cheesy as some of that soundtrack does (I too saw it recently).

The 70's sounds indeed are all over these tracks. Most everything is based around sounds found in Synthmaster Player's sound packs: Historic Synth Giants, vol 1 (Floyd, Genesis) and vol 2 (Keith Emerson, Vangelis, etc).

• @TozBourne: nice retro sounds but not too cheesy! :) I am also a fan of retro (and Vangelis!)

Since today is the big day, here is another album put together by Aural Films that has quite a few iOS musicians on it (including me as A Multitude of One!):
    https://auralfilms.bandcamp.com/album/new-horizons-pluto-flyby-soundtracks

• @TozBourne said:
    Rock Hudson doing some late 70's sci-if...doesn't get much better that that. I hoped my music doesn't sound quite as cheesy as some of that soundtrack does (I too saw it recently).

Not cheesy! I mean it as a compliment but I should have been more clear. :)

I think you are referring to the 70's acoustic part of The Martian Chronics soundtrack when they would put horns with a rock beat, etc. I meant the synth parts.

• edited July 2015

@AlterEgo_UK Sounds great! What is the Vangelis Blade Runner synth? What patch on is it?

• edited July 2015

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    I am also a fan of retro (and Vangelis!)

I know Vangelis used the Yamaha CS-80 on most of his 70's to early 80's recordings.

• @mkell424: sorry can't remember which patch - one of the Vangelis ones from SynthMaster though :)
    (Sorry, @TozBourne don't menan to hijack your thread! :) )

• @mkell424 said:

I totally took your compliment...but couldn't help but think about the "other" parts to that soundtrack :-)

@AlterEgo_UK -- that is fantastistc. I will be listing to this entire album this evening as the data starts to come in from NH. And heck, this is all about New Horizons, space exploration, music and education...I see no hijacking -- rather, it's an honor.