Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Abelton/Garageband track with Audiobus, Midimux, and Audiomux (and plenty of Alchemy R.I.P)

edited July 2015 in Creations

As always, everybody's feedback is welcome. I'm hoping to join the song of the month club, but I take too long. I finished this one finally because I have been at home on paternity leave the past two weeks. I say screw sleeping when the baby sleeps, that's music time. My obsession with this one was coming up with a good mix, which is something I've really struggled with.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    • +1, Going to and makes me want to check it out, when I'm near a connection, good night:)
  • @crzycrs said:

• +1, Going to and makes me want to check it out, when I'm near a connection, good night:)

Thanks! Let me know any feedback you have!

• Oh since most of us are looking at things on mobile and Soundcloud doesn't show this stuff, here are the components I used:

Audiomux, audiobus, midimux, robotic drums, synth master, alchemy, echo pad, guitarism, iMaschine, GarageBand, and arranged/mixed/mastered in Abelton. The drums are Robotic Drums triggering a Native Instruments VST drum kit. Thanks to @kobamoto for always talking about Live's follow actions. I finally dug into this and that added some even more Robotic drums fills and that is how I did the intro synth. I recorded three Synthmaster arpeggios and then set them up in one track and let Abelton chop it up in realtime.

• Nicely done @ BvsMV. You've inspired me to finally open Synthmaster and see what I can see.

• Very nice. The mix turned out great.

• @mkell424 said:
    Very nice. The mix turned out great.

Awesome. Thanks for checking it out and for the feedback.

• @BvsMV I just started using Ableton with my iPad. What plugins did you use to mix and master your song? BTW Congrats on your new baby!

• @Ben said:
    Nicely done @ BvsMV. You've inspired me to finally open Synthmaster and see what I can see.

Thanks! It's a little CPU intensive but really has some nice sounds.

• @mkell424 Thanks again! I just got the baby to sleep so I figured I'd do the same but wanted to answer your question. First, what version of Abelton do you have? I mostly used the in house stuff. I've been reading a lot on mixing and wanted to try some basic EQ stuff first. I used the stock EQ8 and some filters to roll off a lot of the mud and low end. I do have a nice EQ plugin that I got from Computer music Magazine that I threw on the guitar tracks. I can look it up in the morning and let you know. Other than that I used the stock compressor and side chained the bass and some pads.

• @BvsMV Thanks I appreciate it. I have the newest version of Live. I've heard good things about the built in effects (especially the Glue compressor). If you have time I would like to know the name of the CM plug in. I just subscribed to CM on the iPad and have access to "the vault".

• Liking the mix, very good, laidback. The free slickHDR psychoacoustic one is interesting, too.

• @crzycrs said:
    Liking the mix, very good, laidback. The free slickHDR psychoacoustic one is interesting, too.

Thanks for the feedback and listening. I appreciate it!

@mkell424 said:
    BvsMV Thanks I appreciate it. I have the newest version of Live. I've heard good things about the built in effects

(especially the Glue compressor). If you have time I would like to know the name of the CM plug in. I just subscribed to CM on the iPad and have access to "the vault".

Yeah, the Glue Compressor is nice. The plugin should be in the Vault, its by eaReckon and called EQUA87. It's nice because it gives you some tips for specific instruments in a couple of presets to start with. It has a limiter and analyzer in it as well.