Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The acid house challenge

Hey guys

I've been listening to a lot of recent acid house music, most notable by artists like Tinman and Posthuman.

I want to make some, and I'd like to do a 100 percent ios acid dj mix too.

So, I'd like to invite any of you who are interested in the genre to submit tracks you've already made, or make some!

Please post links to the tracks on soundcloud. They needn't be download enabled as CrossDj will just stream them for mixing.

If we can have content ready by next Thursday the 9th July, that would be amazing.

Here's one of Tinmans tracks, so u get an idea of how acid has evolved since the late 80s

Comments

• edited July 2015

I like the idea of this and I enjoyed the example track by Tin Man that you linked to. Unfortunately I don't have any suitable tracks ready and I've got loads of work to get through at the moment, so I probably can't get anything together for it this time. Great idea, though. Good luck with it

• Thanks man!

@Vecoto said:
    I like the idea of this and I enjoyed the example track by Tin Man that you linked to. Unfortunately I don't have any suitable tracks ready and I've got loads of work to get through at the moment, so I probably can't get anything together for it this time. Great idea, though. Good luck with it

• edited July 2015

This would be very cool

• Can u give me some acid then? The music that is lol

@JoeOHagan said:

This would be very cool

• Can it be considered Acid House without a 303? Sounds more like Prog House circa 1996 to me.

• I can hear a 303 type sound there, very hollow saw tooth type thing...I understand how u might think it's prog, but it's more like prog/post acid

He put out an album called neo neo acid, and neo is the same meaning as post

Acid has evolved, and to be honest, u don't need a 303 to get those sounds

I can get Wolfsburg to do acid, before gadget, I was getting acid from Nanostudio and looptical

@solador78 said:
    Can it be considered Acid House without a 303? Sounds more like Prog House circa 1996 to me.

• In 20 years, Dubstep won't even have wobbles and will probably sound like Prog House too.

• Lol, u could be right there..

@solador78 said:
    In 20 years, Dubstep won't even have wobbles and will probably sound like Prog House too.

• Interesting, I used to play live with the posthuman boys a fair bit.... I hadn't heard this kind of thing from them before (it was kinda 10-15 years ago). I've not got anything myself, but hope it goes well :)

• edited July 2015

I'm tempted just to have a go... i've made a bit of house...

But the 7th? That's a challenge!

If it's a loose interpretation i'll go for it. But some purist is bound to say, "bullshit, that's not acid house". But then again, who cares...

I probably won't have time anyway :).

Is the 7th a hard deadline?

I'll have a listen to those tracks anyway.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I'm tempted just to have a go... i've made a bit of house with a bit of squelch...

If it's a loose interpretation i'll go for it. But some purist is bound to say, "bullshit, that's not acid house". But then again, who cares...

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

Good news: that obnoxious 303 sound is now optional!

• Yeah, but I'm gonna put fricking loads in mine so everyone knows it's definitely acid house.

• Great idea. Ill try and get something to contribute but it will have to be iphone/mnml as Im on the road from tomorrow. Ill make with Loopy, Bassline, little midi machine, Modrum and a bit of alchemy and use all the aufx effects. Not sure how it get the cutoff sweeps in however hmm

• @solador78 said:
    In 20 years, Dubstep won't even have wobbles and will probably sound like Prog House too.

It's happened, but they're calling it 'west coast laser crunk' ;)

• Lol, I did call it a challenge..

I'm kind of challenging myself too cause I'm in the midst of a musicians block so to speak. So by others participating, I'm obliged to get my lazy arse back into production mode!

Loose interpretation is fine, u could even do a 130bpm acid breakbeat tune if that's easier..but no faster please cause the mix has to be no faster than that

A lot of acid is not dominated by 303 squelches, some uses a lot of low end bass instead

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I'm tempted just to have a go... i've made a bit of house...

• Thank you!

@Richtowns said:
    Great idea. Ill try and get something to contribute but it will have to be iphone/mnml as Im on the road from tomorrow. Ill make with Loopy, Bassline, little midi machine, Modrum and a bit of alchemy and use all the aufx effects. Not sure how it get the cutoff sweeps in however hmm

• Here's one Classic example of non squelchy acid. Used to have this on vynil back in the day, a right classic

• @touchconspiracy said:
    Here's one Classic example of non squelchy acid.

That's a cool track.

• I've done a few acid tracks, probably not what you're looking for but check them out and see. The acid lines are done with my x0xb0x 303 clone, not sure if there is any iOS apps on them, probably DM1. Personally I'm a fan of the obnoxious squelch :)

• I mainly make chillout/lounge/downtempo. So trying Acid House will be interesting, hopefully I can come up with something.

• At some point the squelch became like the wubwub these days: annoying and obvious.

• And then there's Grimes Oblivion.

• I use to spin Acid House back in the day. I think there has been a few revivals in recent times but I believe without a certain degree of artistry it can get rather annoying fast. Acid, aside from the 303 sound, is all about tweaking the Cutoff and Resonance creating movement in the sound. Not just randomly but (hopefully) in an artistic way. Here's a track I spin back in the day that was one of my go to Acid House tracks:

• Only if u listen to the old stuff

I'm finding lots of new acid and it's not annoyingly squelchy

@syrupcore said:
    At some point the squelch became like the wubwub these days: annoying and obvious.

• Good track!

@Holiday said:
    I use to spin Acid House back in the day. I think there has been a few revivals in recent times but I believe without a certain degree of artistry it can get rather annoying fast. Acid, aside from the 303 sound, is all about tweaking the Cutoff and Resonance creating movement in the sound. Not just randomly but (hopefully) in an artistic way. Here's a track I spin back in the day that was one of my go to Acid House tracks:

• I'm not gonna participate but don't overlook Egoist, it's perfect for acid house IMO. ;)

• @1nsomniak 'raise ur hand' is awesome. I enjoyed listening. The track could scare little children... :)

• 1988 Year of Acid House..... Fond Memories....... Phuture Phantsy Club/Mr Lee(met him in Streatham Nite club)/ Mr Fingers(South London Brixton Boy)/Adonis/Fast Eddie/Humaniod/Armando, eat......Had all Jack Trax LP's on Vinyl. Worked with Richie Rich a few years ago on a construction site(brethren Carpenter & Joiners of old) & new JM Connection, when he had a tiny back street shop in West Croydon. Use to give him my demos. Happy days...... Sigh!....