Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2

I spoke to matt a few months ago and he said summer 2015 maybe for releas

Anyone heard anything?

Comments

• No, ask Matt ;-)

I still use Nanostudio, but not every day, like 1-2 year ago. and the frequence is going dooown.....
    YES NanoStudio2 could be THE coming out of the year!
    IF its same brilliant usabillity as NS1 + FULL MIDI & Audio Support+ IAA + AB

i hope, cause i try CUBASIS 5-6Times but i dont get WARM with it, even IAA....feels....foreign....

• I honestly lost my hope :D

• Nanostudio was way ahead of its time when it first came out but it's certainly been a while since any significant update.

• That's why I defected to gadget :)

Matt does his own beta testing , and standards are much higher for daw/sequencing apps too. Likely he is taking his time to make a top notch app

@obiwahnkentobi said:
    No, ask Matt ;-)

I still use Nanostudio, but not every day, like 1-2 year ago. and the frequence is going dooown.....
    YES NanoStudio2 could be THE coming out of the year!
    IF its same brilliant usabillity as NS1 + FULL MIDI & Audio Support+ IAA + AB

i hope, cause i try CUBASIS 5-6Times but i dont get WARM with it, even IAA....feels....foreign....

• If Nanostudio 2 comes out I will be first to hop on. The quality of Nano 1 was so good that I have full faith that he will be putting lots of thought into version 2.

• Ditto3. I am still (not-so-secretly) hoping.

• A post from blip interactive in a NanoStudio thread i created a while ago. This was posted just a few weeks ago. So patience please ;) If you want to know more you should visit the NanoStudio forum. Nice people there....

"I'm still working on NanoStudio 2, but it's a beast. Some months I feel like I've achieved a lot and other months - well, best not to mention those.

There are still some major things to do before I'll feel I'm on the home straight and able to predict a release date with any confidence. I really want to release this year but I think that might be tight. I definitely want to release within 12 months or I will most likely go mad. So I guess I'm saying a timeframe of 7-12 months would cover the full spectrum between tightness and madness, with (hopefully) a sweet spot somewhere in the middle where I will be neither stressed nor mad.

There is also Plan B, which is an alternative I've always had in mind since I started development on NS2. This would be to release a synth-only app much sooner, since I already have a pretty capable synth close to completion which would be marketable in its own right. Althought I'd personally prefer to release a full studio app (as I'm sure a lot of existing NanoStudio users would), this does have the very practical advantage that it would start bringing in some money again, if you'll permit me to be blunt! The main disadvantage is that this would set back the release of the full studio app to some extent, which is why I've been reluctant so far."

• When was the date of that post mate?

@Cinebient said:
    A post from blip interactive in a NanoStudio thread i created a while ago. This was posted just a few weeks ago. So patience please ;) If you want to know more you should visit the NanoStudio forum. Nice people there....

"I'm still working on NanoStudio 2, but it's a beast. Some months I feel like I've achieved a lot and other months - well, best not to mention those.

There are still some major things to do before I'll feel I'm on the home straight and able to predict a release date with any confidence. I really want to release this year but I think that might be tight. I definitely want to release within 12 months or I will most likely go mad. So I guess I'm saying a timeframe of 7-12 months would cover the full spectrum between tightness and madness, with (hopefully) a sweet spot somewhere in the middle where I will be neither stressed nor mad.

There is also Plan B, which is an alternative I've always had in mind since I started development on NS2. This would be to release a synth-only app much sooner, since I already have a pretty capable synth close to completion which would be marketable in its own right. Althought I'd personally prefer to release a full studio app (as I'm sure a lot of existing NanoStudio users would), this does have the very practical advantage that it would start bringing in some money again, if you'll permit me to be blunt! The main disadvantage is that this would set back the release of the full studio app to some extent, which is why I've been reluctant so far."

• I'll definitely be having version 2 and the synth if it gets released!

• @touchconspiracy said:
    When was the date of that post mate?

12th of May

• @touchconspiracy:

Here is a link to the thread. How i said, it's just a few weeks ago....
    Read at post number #11.....

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/10095

• So not coming soon. But worth waiting for i'm sure.

I need another synth like I need _____. So I hope he doesn't just focus on a standalone synth (although I guess the guy's gotta eat!)

But NS2 with midi in, midi out, audio tracks, some reasonable FX and a decent 'house' synth and sampler/drum machine would be very nice indeed.

Basically just BM2 with a better workflow and some internal instruments.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    So not coming soon. But worth waiting for i'm sure.

I need another synth like I need _____. So I hope he doesn't just focus on a standalone synth (although I guess the guy's gotta eat!)

But NS2 with midi in, midi out, audio tracks, some reasonable FX and a decent 'house' synth and sampler/drum machine would be very nice indeed.

Basically just BM2 with a better workflow and some internal instruments.

+10

• edited July 2015

I would prefer the synth only because i need more iOS hybrid synths. There is nothing (beside Mitosynth) on iOS. I have enough DAW's (and they still feel not usable for bigger projects). A synth is great for iOS native useage and/or recording it into my prefered desktop DAW. But then with all (and someone mentioned it in another thread) that we expect mostly too much and get maybe dissapointed. These days no app will do wonder compared to things which are there. What can be better is maybe an awesome workflow. I want drop and drag modulation for iOS synths (like U-he Hive f.e.). However, when i trust in a developer to deliver something which can impress me again.... blip interactive is one of them. Let's just hope the project will come to a good end before resources or other things going bad. No music app developer hold a dead line today. Lot of synth and other tools where delayed a year or more sometimes. So please be patience (i'm always in a hurry like in the film "In Time" ;) for Auria Pro, NanoStudio 2, BeatMaker 3....... etc.

• I'd love to see a Nano2, but I'm still pretty happy with Nano1 right now as I'm primarily using as a sound module for live use. I'm concerned that the next version would lose it's resource efficiency and I'd stay with 1.

I'd be very interested in the new synth being standalone, as Matt talked about on the forum, if it retained much of the resource efficiency of the current Eden and still supported multiple instances from a single app.

• One of these days one of these daws will implement ableton like arrangement view(classic timeline)/session view(clip launching) set up. C'mon already, it's the new standard. Or do we have to wait for ibleton?

• yeah good question i still wonder why ableton still dont jump into iOS....

• @rad3d said:
    I'd love to see a Nano2, but I'm still pretty happy with Nano1 right now as I'm primarily using as a sound module for live use. I'm concerned that the next version would lose it's resource efficiency and I'd stay with 1.

I doubt it will be as efficient just because the hardware requirements have changed so much but judging by NS1, it'll be plenty efficient. The good news here is that NS2 will be a new app so we can continue to use NS1.

• edited July 2015

I love Nanostudio (it was the first serious 'wow' music app on iOS, along with Thumbjam) but I do find it curious how Blip seems to get a free pass despite this app seemingly being in development for an eternity. Obviously it's really hard for him, being a one man band, but with the more time that passes, the more difficult it will be for NS2 to make its mark against the competition. Maybe that's why he's struggling.

• You might be right about the struggle. Maybe it's the classic sophomore album problem: you have your whole life and no pressure to write your first album but no time and all sorts of pressure to create the second. Maybe it will be like the second Stone Roses record. Or maybe it will be The Bends. :)

I'm not sure he's getting a pass though. I think it's more like no one feels like they didn't get their money's worth out of the original purchase and for all the things they want that NS just doesn't do, they move on. Rarely do you see it recommended these days—we pretty much only talk about NS here when it goes on sale.

• I just had an email from Matt, all I can say is that it will be "some time" before this apps release, but it's still under heavy development...

• Click bait if I ever my heart raced at one :)

It'll be (eventually) interesting to see if this becomes Matt's Waterloo and if so what side of the battle he finds himself on.

• I think it's a case of OCD :))
    Release the damn thing already :))

All the major companies do it :) Ship an unfinished product and all the clients are beta testers.

I can name a few: Ableton Push, Akai MPC Renaissance, Electribe 2, etc.

• He's a one man development team, who obviously does other things for a living, has a family, a life lol

I'd rather he took his time, a long time and released it fully finished..

• I forgot to mention I was ironic :D
    I'm an iOS developer also and I know what it takes to build something, and I can only imagine how much work has gone in NS. I was ironic because the man being a one-man-shop actually OCD-s about the details, unlike these manufacturers who sell unfinished gadgets.

• As she once said to me: There's still room for the product, but will there be in time?

• @alexbuga Indeed about NS and the details.

• The idea of an individual being capable of producing a DAW to compete with Cubasis, Auria, and Gadget's future incarnations seems very unlikely, but I'm certain Matt will find some sort of angle from which to make his mark.

I've been waiting for years now, but since I spend most of my time in Logic, and knowing full Redmatica/Camel stuff is coming in the future, I'm not burning or wanting as much for the unknown as I once was.

But I'll be buying it on day one, regardless.

• Not unlikely

Matt was the first to bring a seriously pro app of this kind to iOS, I'm sure he's gonna do it again. That's why its taking so long..

He's gonna do it right, with all the trimmings lol

@AQ808 said:
    The idea of an individual being capable of producing a DAW to compete with Cubasis, Auria, and Gadget's future incarnations seems very unlikely, but I'm certain Matt will find some sort of angle from which to make his mark.

I've been waiting for years now, but since I spend most of my time in Logic, and knowing full Redmatica/Camel stuff is coming in the future, I'm not burning or wanting as much for the unknown as I once was.

But I'll be buying it on day one, regardless.