Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you listen to music?

edited June 2015 in Other

With Apple Music coming out I was wondering what the forum members primary method of listening to music. (all Beats customers are forced to use Apple Music when it comes out)

Music Media
  1. What is your primary method of listening to Music?35 votes
    1. iTunes/Apple Music when it cones out
      28.57%
    2. Compact disc player
        2.86%
    3. Record player
        5.71%
    4. Radio (air, Internet, satellite)
        5.71%
    5. Spotify or another streaming service
      37.14%
    6. Non Apple music player
      20.00%

Comments

• Song of the Month Club (mostly) and the same old iTunes Playlist (somewhat).

• Spotify - and Soundcloud for listening to you lot :).

• I have 10K+ songs in iTunes, so ... Nice SOTMC plug, Mr. Goodyear! Up the Irons, you are a trooper.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4004/4566118286_ab1b8b45c6_b.jpg

• Yeah. Soundcloud should prolly be an option....

• I have an almost 10 year old 2nd gen ipod nano that I take everywhere and I listen to Soma FM at home:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/somafm-radio-player/id406262816?mt=8

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    ... and Soundcloud for listening to you lot :).

See Trooper image above ;)

• Stuff in my iTunes library. Soundcloud or Bandcamp if I'm digging.

I really just don't get this streaming as a replacement for a music library thing. Guess I'm getting old.

• I put headphones on and press play of course! But it's too hot here in England today for that.

Just took this selfie to give u an idea

• I mostly listen to music while I'm working, so mp3's on my PC, CD's, Soundcloud, radio and YouTube. YouTube via earphones when I'm drunk so as not to wake Mrs Monzo

• Mostly Youtube these days, then Bandcamp and then Soundcloud. Yes it's too hot here to do 'owt (anything) at the moment...well hot for the UK, that is.

• It is blisteringly hot, even in Wales...

• edited June 2015

Bandcamp!

• Vinyl, cd's, Soundcloud, & crappy local blues bands.

• I use Spotify mostly, but recently I've started buying some old records and have been playing them on my old Dual record player. It's lots of fun.

• still hot in London at 7.30pm

• @Igneous1 said:
    Mostly Youtube these days, then Bandcamp and then Soundcloud.

Damn I should have put them in the poll. I've bought a couple of forum members albums from Bandcamp. I know people use YouTube, Bandcamp, and Soundcloud, but I never thought anyone would use one of the as their PRIMARY source of music.

It's cool because the independent artist is getting some plays. The new Connect feature will give everyday muscians access to millions of listeners plus get paid.

Here's the info:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/working-itunes/connect/

• What's wrong with you soft Englshers? That's why Norman Mailer invented air conditioning.

• @JohnnyGoodyear lol Somtimes a Google search will help me in understanding some of your jokes but what the hell does Norman Mailer have to do with air conditioning? ;)

• edited June 2015

@mkell424 Norman's a garrulous post-war American Alpha Male in the not too distant past and a perfectly stupid person to have ever invented air-conditioning, but in my post-Texas disdain for heat and those that complain about it and as an ongoing effort to detail "The Americanization of Johnny" he seemed the ideal person to use while chiding my fellow countrymen for not generally having air-conditioning because they generally don't need it :)

Yeah, a reach, I'll give you that....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    mkell424 Norman's a garrulous post-war American Alpha Male in the not too distant past and a perfectly stupid person to have ever invented air-conditioning, but in my post-Texas disdain for heat and those that complain about it and as an ongoing effort to detail "The Americanization of Johnny" he seemed the ideal person to use while chiding my fellow countrymen for not generally having air-conditioning because they generally don't need it :)

Yeah, a reach, I'll give you that....

Cool. I like it.

• edited June 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    What's wrong with you soft Englshers? That's why Norman Mailer invented air conditioning.

Sod the air-con, Monzo invented a bench in the garden, and a table with an ice-cold bottle of cider on it...

• edited June 2015

@monzo said:

That works for a few days a year in Maine when needed, as it used to do in Newlyn long ago, but it aint going to cut it in Texas :) Should add that while I don't drink any more, if there's one image or idea that needs a trigger warning it might be an ice-cold bottle of cider...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    That works for a few days a year in Maine when needed, as it used to do in Newlyn long ago, but it aint going to cut it in Texas :) Should add that while I don't drink any more, if there's one image or idea that needs a trigger warning it might be an ice-cold bottle of cider...

I was going to have an alcohol-free week after a white-knuckle ride party weekend. Still, I made it to Tuesday.

• edited June 2015

Sonos, four units through the house often playing the same thing, unless someone is listening to something in particular off on their own.

Usually Spotify. My library is on network drive and Amazon (Beatles and some others not on Spotify). Sometimes SoundCloud, Pandora, or Songza. Tried 8tracks for a while, but Sonos dropped them. I'll probably switch from Spotify to Apple once it's on Sonos, because Apple's family plan is so much cheaper.

Spin vinyl once in a while in the living room (Sony turnable) or in my bedroom (Technics turntable).

Not sure I remember how to play a CD, except in my car.

• Spotify via Sonos. Like Diode108 several speakers throughout the space.

Love it so much that I'm not sure we could ever go back to anything else.

• @Diode108 said:

Beatles and some others not on Spotify

Apple Music doesn't have the Beatles either. Luckily I bought the remastered stereo and mono box sets in 2009 and uploaded them to iTunes Match. :)

• edited July 2015

Fortunately I live in an area with a very nice public broadcast radio station that I gladly support. And if I don't like what they're playing it'll change in less than 2 hours. Public radio in my area is a great supporter of independant artists and they not only play the music over the air, but they sponsor really good shows in the area as well.
    Other than that, my only currently useable music device is my iPhone and iPad. I don't subscribe to any streaming service nor use apple radio but use iTunes and the Amazon music app which allows me to download music I have bought from them. I have though of digging out my old turntable and trying some vinyl but it just seems so inconvenient.

100 degrees in middle California....

• @mkell424 said:
    Apple Music doesn't have the Beatles either. Luckily I bought the remastered stereo and mono box sets in 2009 and uploaded them to iTunes Match. :)

Yeah, those monos are aces!

• @Johow said:
    Fortunately I live in an area with a very nice public broadcast radio station that I gladly support. And if I don't like what they're playing it'll change in less than 2 hours. Public radio in my area is a great supporter of independant artists and they not only play the music over the air, but they sponsor really good shows in the area as well.
    Other than that, my only currently useable music device is my iPhone and iPad. I don't subscribe to any streaming service nor use apple radio but use iTunes and the Amazon music app which allows me to download music I have bought from them. I have though of digging out my old turntable and trying some vinyl but it just seems so inconvenient.

100 degrees in middle California....

The inconvenience of an LP is part of the experience. Turn the lights down low, pour some scotch, and put a record on. Because you know it's going to demand attention in 20 minutes, it becomes more valuable than a long playlist. Not worth doing unless you REALLY want to listen.