Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rolling Stones cover featuring DrumJam and Yonac's Steel Guitar

I've been away from the forum for a while finishing up my end of the year stuff as a high school English teacher. Recorded this awhile back, but have since added a bass part and some simple slide licks from the Steel Guitar app. I like fiddling with the app, but I find it less expressive than playing the real thing. I also had some issues with the AudioBus tab getting in the way. It does sound good, though.

I actually started this as an exercise in recording acoustic guitar and vocals simultaneously with no intention of doing anything more with it, but I liked the vibe I captured, even though the vox are a bit thick from the two mics. I do like the acoustic guitar sound, though. I played to a click and added the DrumJam stuff later. Here we are about a year or so later with the bass and slide. If nothing else, you can hear some DrumJam loops and the sweet tone of Yonac's Steel Guitar. This one of those great plaintive Stones songs.

Comments

• Oh that is nice, and that steel guitar does sound sweet!

• You've got a nice Jeff Tweedy sound. (aka Wilco)

• Whenever I hear this I see Brian Jones, a man already gone, playing the slide.

Had my first heart broken to this album. Good work my friend.

• I love the sound of that steel, sweet is the word! I like you vocal, suits the music of the time.
    Good job on all of it, thanks

• @audiblevideo said:
    You've got a nice Jeff Tweedy sound. (aka Wilco)

I agree. It's a high compliment. :)

• Good job! Really like the percussion and the slide guitar.

• edited June 2015

Listened to it, liked it. I like the overall atmosphere, nice feel, the steel guitar, and last but not least your voice: the way you sing and the sound of your voice. Good work! Like I said before your voice has a bit Karl Wallinger in it (in my ears) and like someone else said some Wilco I also heard. But of course it has its own uncomparable qualities. You said before something that you have some difficulties keeping your voice in tune (my paraphrasing (hope this is correct English)) and I noticed that also in your other songs. But this little problem seems much less in this song. Perhaps cause the melody is well known to you, just a thought (and a tip, also for myself and my singing experiments). Make the melody well known and the problems become less, is my thought/idea.

• Damn, I thought this was drum jam and steel guitar on the cover of the Rolling Stone! Nice work

• That's some damn fine slide guitar playing, and just a great overall performance/mix. Kudos!

• My heart was broken when I clicked on this thread and Steel Guitar was not actually on the cover of Rolling Stone.
    But then I listened to the song and my heart was healed:) Good stuff!

• very well done

• @mmp said:
    Oh that is nice, and that steel guitar does sound sweet!

Thanks very much.

• @audiblevideo said:
    You've got a nice Jeff Tweedy sound. (aka Wilco)

Wow, thanks so much.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Whenever I hear this I see Brian Jones, a man already gone, playing the slide.

Had my first heart broken to this album. Good work my friend.

Arguably the most beautiful thing Jones recorded is his slide on this. Thank you, sir.

• @Don said:
    I love the sound of that steel, sweet is the word! I like you vocal, suits the music of the time.
    Good job on all of it, thanks

Thanks so much for listening.

• @richardyot said:
    Good job! Really like the percussion and the slide guitar.

Thank you, sir. I appreciate it.

• @Marcel said:
    Listened to it, liked it. I like the overall atmosphere, nice feel, the steel guitar, and last but not least your voice: the way you sing and the sound of your voice. Good work! Like I said before your voice has a bit Karl Wallinger in it (in my ears) and like someone else said some Wilco I also heard. But of course it has its own uncomparable qualities. You said before something that you have some difficulties keeping your voice in tune (my paraphrasing (hope this is correct English)) and I noticed that also in your other songs. But this little problem seems much less in this song. Perhaps cause the melody is well known to you, just a thought (and a tip, also for myself and my singing experiments). Make the melody well known and the problems become less, is my thought/idea.

Thanks, Marcel. That's an astute observation. I don't gig anymore, so my songs go straight to the recording process without my spending much time sitting and playing them and hashing them out. I can't sit down and play most of them because I don't remember them. I'm going to be more aware of this moving forward. Thanks for the good advice.

• @supadom said:
    Damn, I thought this was drum jam and steel guitar on the cover of the Rolling Stone! Nice work

That's really funny. I wish I was that good at self promotion. Glad you listened, thanks.

• @eustressor said:
    That's some damn fine slide guitar playing, and just a great overall performance/mix. Kudos!

Thank you so much; I'm often wondering if I'm keeping things too simple. That Steel Guitar app is a lot of fun.

• @Jessie said:
    My heart was broken when I clicked on this thread and Steel Guitar was not actually on the cover of Rolling Stone.
    But then I listened to the song and my heart was healed:) Good stuff!

Sorry, Jessie, certainly wasn't my intention. I'm glad you decided to listen. It's a great app. I'd love to see the AudioBus tab moved to the top of the screen. Thanks again.

• @nick said:
    very well done

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment, Nick.

• Really enjoyed that. Nice laid back vibe, great vocals and lovely steel guitar (I still haven't mastered steel guitar playing! :) )

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Really enjoyed that. Nice laid back vibe, great vocals and lovely steel guitar (I still haven't mastered steel guitar playing! :) )

Thanks, Colin. "Mastered" isn't a word I'd use to describe anything I do, so don't feel bad.