Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg iM1: how to save/write program to User Card ?

I'm having difficulty understanding how to save a program to a User Card. The iM1 manual says to:

1. Click the [WRITE] button located in the upper left, and
    choose either Selected Program or Program from the
    menu that appears. The WRITE PROGRAM dialog box
    will appear with the instrument and sound character that
    are specified for the Program.

...which raises a concern because one doesn't "click" on the iPad. Furthermore, I don't see a Write button in the upper left corner.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• @LeesKeys

click(press?) on the preset name window. Then you get a large menu with all the presets and some 'commands' along the top. To the right is 'WRITE' click on this and you can then select a preset, I think the second time you press on it you will get the dialog to rename it. Oh and remember to pick which card to save into. The manual does have quite a few typos.

• edited June 2015

Choose a card, Begin with choosing your preferred preset. now doubleclick. Now you only one time click on the name in the upper centre, then apprx undr the red light, in the "bar"
    you can select write, and now select a user card(for combi etc.) or for gadget utilizing "Library", (But only prgs) sorry early spelling tapping adaptation pangs:)

• edited June 2015

@jocphone @leeskeys in the next appearing wndw you can select where to save (and rename)
    maybe start at card 4 (backwards. Enough space:)

• I just want to be clear that I'm referring to the IOS app. There's no clicking or double clicking on iPad

• @LessKeys yes, just say 'tap' when you read 'click'

• But i have difficulties in aiming

• It is not the most intuitive, but the 'Write' button is your friend...

• Like your treatment:)

• Got it. Thanks

• Also remember that one tap selects for previewing the patch. You have to tap a second time to put it up in the header/patchname area. This still throws me. Very un-intuitive, and I have to go through every patch I want to use for the EWI. Save to a card slot and set the parameters up for aftertouch.

It's going to be a long weekend.

• The save/write instructions were a little hard for me to figure out at first too and took me several trials until I got it. I accidentally wrote over some customized patches a couple of times ... seemed to easy to make this mistake to me.

Question: what is the difference between the Library and User cards for saving patches? ... just the name? They seem to be the same thing ... unless I missed something in the manual.

• @Pianokey88 The 'User Cards' are per session (You can have multiple sessions in iM1). 'Library Cards' are shared between sessions and also visible to 'Gadget'.

• @Pianokey88 said:
    The save/write instructions were a little hard for me to figure out at first too and took me several trials until I got it. I accidentally wrote over some customized patches a couple of times ... seemed to easy to make this mistake to me.

Question: what is the difference between the Library and User cards for saving patches? ... just the name? They seem to be the same thing ... unless I missed something in the manual.

I think the difference is that the library is specifically for porting the presets over to Darwin in Gadget.

• I don't think I understand Sessions. How are sessions useful in a live gigging situation?

• Thanks for the explanation guys. I guess I better learn what "session" means next! Ha!ha!

This is an awesome app! I loved my M1. I'm sorry I couldn't keep it, but I ran out of room. The iPad doesn't take up as much space.

• The easiest way to understand the 'Sessions' is to think 'Song'.

Each sessions has one 'Multi' which is preset so each of the parts (1-8) receives on it's own midi channel (1-8).

The recive channels can be changed to layer sounds like in 'Combi' mode, to confuse things even more a 'Combi' can also receive on multiple midi-channels but is preset to receive on one channel...

The 'real' M1 had one 'Multi' per Song.

So for 'gigging situation' I guess using one Session per Song is the logical way to work.
    Those few patches I tweak in iM1 i put on the Library cards so they are also available to Gadget.

• and I if work mainly with Programs, not Combis, the Session concept doesn't apply?

• and.. if just saving Programs, does it matter whether they are saved to a Library card or a User card?

• thanks for explaining, I was wondering about the difference as well

• If you by accident forget to save your 'Session' and create a new 'Session' from File menu the Programs and Combis on the 'User Cards' will be gone while Programs & Combis stored on the 'Library Cards' will remain. To be on the safe side I'd store in the Programs & Combis you change or create on the 'Library Cards'.

• @LeesKeys said:
    and.. if just saving Programs, does it matter whether they are saved to a Library card or a User card?

it depends on whether you want to use them in just your current session (save to user) or have them available always, in all sessions, within Gadget etc (save to library)

• one more thing- User and Library card items both respond to MSB, LSB and Program MIDI settings, correct?

• @LeesKeys Beats me. All I know is that the 'Real' M1 did not have a programmable 'Robot Arm' to swap cards, but it doesn't hurt to try :) There is nothing specific about the program change messages in the manual apart from that it's possible to filter them.

• edited June 2015

@Samu

While we're on the subject: after no luck and finally checking the manual, I see that Combi patches created and saved to one of the Libraries will not show up in Darwin. By design Gadget can't do it all iM1 wise for some reason. This was a disappointment, as these patches seem to me to be where iM1 can really shine in terms of sound design for users. Thanks to Korg I get to enjoy Combis in the competition's workstation. What's up I wonder.

• @Littlewoodg Gadget supports 'Programs' only but there is nothing stopping us from using multiple 'Darwins' in Gadget to create even bigger layers. Combis by their nature are not 'complete' programs just pointers to other programs. So it's just matter oh checking what programs the Combis use and pick the same programs in the 'Darwins' and create your own layers. Then again nothing is stopping you from requesting 'Combi Support' in Gadget. Post here...
    https://support.korguser.net/hc/communities/public/topics/200037165-KORG-Gadget-community

• edited June 2015

@Samu said:
    Littlewoodg Gadget supports 'Programs' only but there is nothing stopping us from using multiple 'Darwins' in Gadget to create even bigger layers. Combis by their nature are not 'complete' programs just pointers to other programs. So it's just matter oh checking what programs the Combis use and pick the same programs in the 'Darwins' and create your own layers. Then again nothing is stopping you from requesting 'Combi Support' in Gadget. Post here...
    https://support.korguser.net/hc/communities/public/topics/200037165-KORG-Gadget-community

Thing is I'm cool with iM1 as is, it's great in those other hosts. And Darwin as Darwin in Gadget is also so cool especially with the full deck of "cards". I'm coming from a my-mind-is-already-blown-by-this-stuff place, 55yrs old blah blah...it's all pretty cool still, I can't complain.

But I'm interested to see where Korg goes with Gadget.

• @Samu said:
    LeesKeys Beats me. All I know is that the 'Real' M1 did not have a programmable 'Robot Arm' to swap cards, but it doesn't hurt to try :) There is nothing specific about the program change messages in the manual apart from that it's possible to filter them.

here's a link to a thread about MSB, LSB and Program codes for iM1:

https://support.korguser.net/hc/communities/public/questions/202943530-How-to-midi-control-iM1-programs-

• @LeesKeys Thanks! Guess it's 'trial & error' to find the rest of the cards :)

• there are additional cards which respond to midi control, but not all of them. I haven't gone through each one to see.

• I went through the im1 presets and tweaked and saved a lot of my favorites to User 1 card. I haven't used iM1 for a couple of weeks and just opened it today to find all the presets reset back to Init Prog. What gives? They were saved OK for several weeks now all gone. I don't suppose there's any way to get them back?