Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yellofier - I wish this was on the bus!

13»

Comments

• Cool interview, and it looks like a good new site to keep an eye on. I'm always interested in interviews with app developers.

• Is there plans for an iPhone 5 screen update ?

• @DaveMagoo: Yes, there is plans for that!

• edited May 2013

I love this app! Now with Audiobus it gets even better as we can record samples carefully edited in other apps. Anyway I had a great time with it recording an old mandolin, some toy horns and a couple of other odd objects through the iPad's mic, and it turned out into a song in minutes! It would be nice to record one sample at a time to get more control of what you're sampling, but the way it is leads to very interesting results as the samples are recorded intuitively on the fly! :)

• edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AfxTwn - just click share on SC and post the link here, it will auto-embed a player

• edited January 2017
  • Has anyone commented on the recent update here? Pitch control +/- 12 semitones, plus a second bank of your own sounds. Very cool, still a quite noteworthy app!

• edited March 2014

• Since @j_liljedahl reads this, I will post it here !...are the samples "saved" with the songs ?
    I see that there are 2 user banks for the sounds , so if I create a song with sounds from Bank B and then can I clear up the bank and record new samples for another separate song ? It won't mess up the original song which had different samples ?

Also, I would love to have a undo and redo option ;-)
    There are so many times I keep hitting random and find a awesome combo but then loose it quickly as I fiddle around...undo or redo might be very useful !!!

It's really fun and awesome app...so many possibilities !!

• @thepinkelefant: Yes, the samples are saved within the songs! Both banks are saved, so you can safely record new sounds for another song. Just remember to save the song first!

Undo/redo would be very useful, I agree. Maybe it can be implemented for some future update.

• edited January 2017
  • Regarding you second paragraph, "make sure I have one of the presets loaded".. this is not needed, just tap SAVE and enter the name you want to save as. Entering a name for an existing song will overwrite the old one. NOTE: if you tap one of the other songs in the list (preset or custom, doesn't matter) it will load that song and you will loose any unsaved work you made!

• Yellofier is on the bus!!! Awesome App. Now let's keep this app lean and mean. Definitely needs a bit more FX, but the swiping to change FX settings is a bit tricky :( escpecially if you want to do improvs while recording a full mix.

• I love this app! But I cannot find a way to control the audio level. When I run it through Audiobus it is much louder than my other apps. Is there a volume control I am missing? Thanks!

• edited October 2013

@kasper More FX?
    @postscript Volume control?

do you know Werkbench?:

http://www.bolasol.com/werkbench/

oh oh ooohhhh! i am totally fan of this app.

i know the developer has plans to add audiobus support. that will be great... i love yellofier (really love it!), but it's clearly designed for the "average user", who just want to have fun for a while.

we are musicians... we love intricate stuff. xD

edit: by the way, i admit, since it's on the bus, i have used yellofier in some gigs... what it does, it does quite well!

• midi clock sync would be nice on this (would be nice on pretty much all apps actually.)

• Also hoping for multiple Levels of Undo and Redo support!! I love how smoothly the samples play even while using the random feature....no clicks and pops and pauses... Undo and redo would be nice with the random feature

• @eccecelllo I will check out Werkbench, thanks for the recommendation.
    @j_liljedahl do you have any suggestions for volume/level control in Yellofier?

thanks!

• @postscript - if you put your finger on whatever tile you want and drag down it will get lighter in color this changes velocity so in a sense volume as well

• @postscript @JMSexton Yes, you can change the volume of each step in the pattern by dragging it up/down. Also, you can adjust the level of each track by dragging the yellow sliders/bars at the left of the track numbers in the main song view.

• edited March 2014

• @Simon there is "instructions" in the main menu inside Yellofier itself, but maybe some tricks are missing?

• edited March 2014