Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Air ignite coming to ios!

For those who don't know ignite is free pc/mac software which ships with most new m-audio & avid keyboards. It's designed to make the creation process simpler and is more of a sketch pad than a traditional DAW.

I've been using it for a while since getting a copy with my m-audio mini 32 keyboard and its pretty good. Could be a potential garageband killer. Confirmation of ios and product details:

http://community.airmusictech.com/airmusictech/topics/would_in_the_future_air_release_an_ios_ignite
http://www.airmusictech.com/product/ignite

What does everyone think - could it be a useful addition to the music production scene?

Comments

• Yes, I beta tested this software with axiom mini 32. It Is a excellent software for sketching songs. Packed with instruments and phrases. That's great news.

• Great news for me! I got Ignite with my M-Audio Oxygen 49 and was pretty impressed, however I only turn my MacBook on twice a month to burn off the dust! ;-). Glad to see it on iOS!

• This looks exciting! I'm curious to see how they implement it as an app

• It should be perfect for the ipad as it already looks like an app. Lets just hope they get the bus early...

• It has the feel of Ableton Live. Very intuitive workflow. Has audio recording capability, effects, hyper control if your using a m-audio keyboard. Nice, open program and control everything from m-audio keyboard.

• This looks interesting. I would like to get a (free) feel for it on the PC before I possible lay out cash for an upcoming app purchase.

I was going to download it for my PC to give it a whirl but the download page will not accept the serial number for my Keystation 88es. I'll send them an email for assistance here shortly.

Thanks for the heads up.

• You can get a free copy here if you have a serial number to a m-audio keyboard or fast track.
    http://www.airmusictech.com/download-ignite

• Thanks, @mgmg4871 for the link but @cieran sent me a link earlier and am still downloading.

Not sure why my SN didn't work for the download as it was a new unit purchased several years ago. Perhaps they require a recent hardware purchase bundled with their software.

I shall soon see if it works out. Not a huge deal for me as I have Sonar X1 and Reaper on my PC. Just thought it might be nice to experience it first on the PC.

• edited May 2013

One thing I notice Air Ignite don't support VST or AU. It would be very interesting what the iOS version would be like.