Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2 apps sounds playing same time

Hello. I am new to audiobus and learning as I go. So far amazing.

However I am trying to control only the sunrizer program w my midi keyboard. Recording into GarageBand on iPad 2. For some reason, when I play notes in sunrizer it also plays drum beats at the same time. I was also using funkbox before and maybe that's the issue but its closed now.. How do I make sure to play only one and not the other. I know it sounds strange but when I try to play a synth in sunrizer, I'm also hearing drums with each keyboard key I press.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• edited May 2013

If possible set an explicit channel. For example, send and receive on channel 1 for Sunrizer, channel 2 for funkbox. Don't use Omni.

• Is funkbox actually closed or did you just disconnect it from Audiobus?

• It's strange. At first I had funkbox open. So then I closed it and got the same result.

• If you just close it, it may still be active in the background. Double click the home button, and if it is there, long press and then fully close it with the X.

• What are the midi settings for all three apps ?

• Also, MidiBridge will allow filtering midi data, so you can get the intended midi stream to the intended app.