Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video of Epic Synth multitracked into Loopy HD...Go retro..haha

Just playing with Epic Synth..I love the 80's feel to this synth and it has a nice warm sound...I do add some delay and a bit of gain in Jamup to one of the lead lines...also like Minisynth2 this is great for learning a bit about programming analogue style.

Comments

• Epic stuff! Thanks for the demo :)

• edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AfxTwn yes you can use JamUp in the effect slot of Audiobus and run any app in the input slot through it

• edited January 2017
  • @afxTwn You might want to leave your request for songwriting on the IOSMars forum (IOSMars.com). I know there backed up in request but it wouldn't hurt to get your request on the list. Another option is to do google a songwriting tutorial video.

• @AfxTwn - There are as many ways to make a song as there is people making songs. There is no one set way to go about it. I'm not saying that you shouldn't watch videos or read sites about songwriting, but rather that the way shown in the video might not be the way for you. You might want to start small; just put together a 30 second jingle. Then as you learn, build up to a full blown song. Good luck.

• @MrNezumi I agree, some of the best bands have written great songs by breaking the rules and going there own way.

• edited January 2017
  • You might also want to take a look at some composition apps to get ideas...ezComposer Pro, Yamaha's Mobile Music Sequencer, and Chordbot, to name a few. Not that I do very well in composition, but they are a good source of ideas. My typical approach has been to start with the drum track, then bass, and then add in melody and harmony tracks, but I've tried several other approaches that worked as well, such as starting with a melody, then adding the rhythm around that. My biggest struggle has been transitioning through different parts...intro, bridge, verse, etc.