Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ITablaPro on the Bus!

If you dig drones (ala Revovler) you'll love this app!

Comments

• Oh man! This looks really cool. But $25. I've got tablas covered with different drummer but could use some drones...

• @myth - which revolver app are you referring to? Is it on bus? Just did a search and found a ton of gun apps

• I've been waiting for this one for months! The developer is constantly adding new rhythms and features. To my mind, this is easily the best tabla+tanpura app on iOS.

• I meant the Beatles Revolver album.

• oh haha. Side note: theres another forum member here who worked with geoff emerick. I've been buggin him to get any few tips that may have been imparted upon him by the great one.

• Might pull the trigger on this one. Any thoughts?

• The $25 keeps my gun on safety. Maybe after a price drop.

• It's very realistic if you're into Indian music. It's really designed to support traditional soloists and or singers. It probably has limited use in Western music, but it really is an awesome app.

• Does it have MIDI?

• edited May 2013

Hope the dev takes a look at drum jam for a few pointers in regard to midi sync/clock.

ACP could work?

A lot of oriental time signatures to deal with..

• There's a newer video for the newer version but its 10 min long so thought I'd share this video from YT but keep in mind its an older version. It says "I watched Rob playing with iTablaPro and Mugician and I had to try it." I'm guessing Rob, the Dev of Mugician/Cantor. Pretty neat but also a little pricey...

• Heh, just found out and was about to post it here but I see quite a few colleagues got here first! iTablaPro is awesome as a drone generator, as a practicing tool as it generates interesting rhythmic patterns (for guitar, in my case). The instrument sampling is excellent. I've had it forever and would not want to be without it.

• @JMsexton - thnx for that vid! Really dig the drones. I've got tanpura app and also itablapt lite but they'll never get on bus. Plus the full version costs $36 so this app is priced pretty good.

If this app had MIDI, I might buy.