Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Analyzer is on the bus!

The Analyzer is a combination of a sound pressure level (SPL) meter and a full range multiple bands frequency analyzer. It is mainly designed for audio professionals who need to evaluate different working environments (e.g. studios, live stages)... that’s why it’s perfect for anyone who’s in need of acoustical analysis!! It is easy to use and comes with amazing features only known from professional acoustic tools.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/analyzer/id454225351?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Comments

• Can anyone comment on how well it works with AB?

• edited May 2013

Haha, I was hoping you were gonna give it a go and report back. This looks like a great app but what worries me is if you look at his other app, Beat Detector, two ppl commented that the BPM was way off. Not necessarily a deal killer since who knows who those two ppl are but it does make me question how accurate his software analysis is. I'm not a dev so I can only make amateur observations. I would be happy to be proved wrong.

• After getting fed up with Level.24, I went ahead and bought Analyzer and my impressions of it are mostly positive. Here's a quick rundown on my experience so far with it. Also, keep in mind that I'm using it to study the partials in drums, not room acoustics.

First, AB implementation. Analyzer works in the effects slot of AB. Although it says it will work in the output slot, input apps suddenly aren't able to be monitored when Analyzer is in the output slot but it will still analyze the incoming data from the input. That's a shame because I would like to use the effects slot for a filter or compressor or whatever. Otherwise, it works like its supposed to in the effects slot.

Analyzer has both a FFT bar graph and line graph with multiple bandwidth resolutions. It has a hold button, which will automatically freeze the peaks of the FFT graph for offline analysis. Hold works pretty good with the line graph on any bandwidth resolution and the bar graph on the lower bandwidth resolutions only. I say this about the bar graph because hold only captures the peak information on the bar graph, so at higher resolutions the dots that indicate the peaks tend to look messy. There is a reticule lens, which helps pinpoint the db and hz level of what you're pointing at on the graph. My only gripe is that it disappears from the screen when you take your finger off the graph.

Another good feature of Analyzer is something called Leq measurement. When Leq is turned on, the frequency decay on either graph will slow down to a crawl. This is helpful when comparing a previous analysis on hold to another sound that's currently being worked on.

At the moment, Analyzer has taken the place of Level.24 for my analysis needs.

• @Context - thanks! Great info! Also FYI, there is another mastering app due out in next month (I think) by Jamup that will have FFT analysis. Thats what some of the guys said in another thread.

• Are you talking about the one that resembles iZotope Ozone 5?

• Yeah, that one. I think DerekB is a beta tester

• Where did you hear it supposed to be out in a month or so....last I heard sometime this summer but no set timeline

• Sorry I'm here in California and it always feels like summer haha. But I couldve sworn it wasnt that far off. Apologies for inaccurate info on this one.