Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG GADGET Midi implementation chart - CC#'s

I seem to recall seeing a list / Midi implementation chart of Gadget's CC#'s.

Not sure if it was a post here. I've done a cursory 15 min Google but no luck.

Anyone have a link?
Cheers.

Comments

• Ha, there was me trying to be prepared before I went into the app, but that list is within the app's function er.... function. Midi learn too, cool. Wasn't aware of that.

• Nice! Good to see it all on one page. Thanks :)

• @solador78 said:
    Here's mine:

Did you create that spreadsheet?

• I don't see London, but all the drum stuff seems to be under Tokyo. Not a Gadget expert thought.

• edited April 2015

Drums are not the same as Tokyo (which uses the synth map). Amsterdam and London have 4/8 sample groups, plus FX, while Bilbao and Abu Dhabi have 16 sample groups, plus FX.

• Wow! Thanks @solador78! One day, I'll understand enough to use that properly :)

• Thanks @solador78 that's amazingly useful and really appreciated!

• Thanks from over here too - used this with Renoise and Midimux.

• Quite useful excel style sheet! Hope it in the app manual!

• When I get some time I might make some midi designer templates for the Gadget synths. Which I'll then share.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    When I get some time I might make some midi designer templates for the Gadget synths. Which I'll then share.

Can Midi Designer 12 use this template?

• Er... I think you'll need the full paid version.

But I'm not 100% sure. Haven't made it yet!

• Here's my Swing Chart for converting Linn Drum values to Gadget and vice versa:

• Bear in mind these are the default assignments. They can be MIDI Learned just by tapping in the assignment list and sending a different CC#. I do not see anyway to reset them back to defaults.

• @dwarman said:
    Bear in mind these are the default assignments. They can be MIDI Learned just by tapping in the assignment list and sending a different CC#. I do not see anyway to reset them back to defaults.

Swipe left to delete them one at a time?

• edited April 2015

Ah but if you delete them it doesn't reset to the default value does it? I think it just resets to "not assigned".

Thanks for the Swing Chart @solador78 - that too is awesome...

So to clarify - it just applies to the offbeat 16th notes - is that right? And if you set gagdet swing to say 50% it will place those notes at 'perfect triplet' positions? (Sorry to ask dumb questions!)

• edited April 2015

Yes, Gadget only swings the even 16 note steps, which IMO is what it should do. Except, that it doesn't allow decimals to the tenths or hundredths, so you can't program the exact proportions/sweet spots that made the Linn Drum so famous.

• Ah, ok, thanks @solador78 - that makes sense...

• edited April 2015

Here's a Quick Swingers Primer:

1. Open Gadget and another drum machine that uses the Linn Drum system (i.e. Stroke Machine, FunkBox, Diode).

2. Create 1 empty bar in each, then add 16x 16th note closed hi-hats

3. Set the tempo ~77 bpm, Swing to 0 and compare sounds so they sound the same.

4. Set Swing in Gadget to 50 and Stroke to 66 and compare for triplets that should match.

5. Gadget 25, Stroke 58 for halfway between no swing and triplets.

6. Stroke 54 then Gadget 12 and 13 for halfway between halfway and to hear the decimal problem I'm talking about.

7. Gadget 100 and Stroke 82 to prove that Gadget doesn't really go to 100.

8. Stroke 100 for real doubles/half, not sure what you call it.

And this is a really great article:

@Diode108 said:
    I wrote the swing after reading this very inspiring article: http://www.attackmagazine.com/features/roger-linn-swing-groove-magic-mpc-timing/

• Thank you @solador78! Great chart!

• Wow @diode108 @solador78 that article is really good. Roger Linn comes across as such a massive dude.

I now understand an awful lot more about swing which I had a patchy knowledge of before to be honest. So thanks.

• Wow @solador78. I hope Korg has this stuff (and hires you).

• First Gadget midi designer template finished. For Helsinki. I'll post later.

I'll make a version for MidiDesigner12 that leaves off the ADSR sliders so it has under 12 objects.

• Matt, If you do a Lemur template, I am sure to having Lemur in the future! All I wish is Gadget to have IAA or midi sync. You are charming!

• I don't have Lemur I'm afraid. And it looks complicated to program.

• ya! Lemur in-app editor is good! But they are too smart without videos to explain how to program it step by step. They think public and musicians must have programming skill that might put off me for the purchase. Bottom line is sales down!

• With all the Gadget midi talk lately, thought I'd give this thread a bump as it contains @solador78 's great CC# list for all the gadgets at that time.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    With all the Gadget midi talk lately, thought I'd give this thread a bump as it contains @solador78 's great CC# list for all the gadgets at that time.

Yes, truly a great resource.

@solador78 you're missed...

• This is awesome thanks for sharing. A lot of these seem to coincide with the MS20ic defaults that work for ms20 and polysix so anyone with templates for those should be able to port easily