Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Diode-108 Drum machine out with Audiobus!

This looks interesting and it is late here, perhaps I could try to find more tomorrow.
http://appshopper.com/music/diode-108-drum-machine

Comments

• edited April 2015

Looks nicely featured and full of good sounds. No mention of MIDI, AB, IAA or ACP. :( But you can export to iTunes!

edit: main site is http://vibrantdigitalengineering.com/

• Only just got this. Easy control of parameters per instrument, per beat sold me. The interface seems logical and it's fun to use :)

It did randomly quit once when I tried reassigning a drum sample as a sequence played, but I wasn't able to reproduce this yet. That aside, it seems solid. Got it running through other effects in Audiobus now as well. So much potential!

• Oh, it's Audiobus compatible?

• I like the look of this.

@Vecoto - how does it sound and can you trigger individual hits from MIDI in?

• @xen - in my opinion, it sounds fantastic. Has lots of scope for originality with beats. Haven't spotted any mention of MIDI, though.

@syrupcore - yep, Audiobus works well with it, though it didn't appreciate me adding effects after it in the chain without removing and reinstating Diode-108 in the input slot again. Seems to affect lots of app combinations, though, so I'm used to that kind of thing.

• @Vecoto - cheers.

• Looks interesting...Thanks for the heads-up!

• Bought! Good fun with and very groovy!

Sound quality very good and User Manual well written!

Hope it supports IAA in the future update!

• edited April 2015

pattern copy on sequence page! touch it like there is unlimited patterns and unlimited song sequence!

within each pattern that each of the 16 instruments can be interchangeable without affecting the pattern!

This is truly my best experience on ios Drum Machine by far! So quick to improvise a pattern!

• @Kaikoo said:
    This is truly my best experience on ios Drum Machine by far! So quick to improvise a pattern!

Yes, early days, but I agree with you on that. It's the first drum machine app that can do things beyond what I've had access to before and it cost less than five quid. Incredible!

• Btw, just one touch, the blue light continuously cross on different grid lock by one finger darwing! Good design.

• I find it quite amazing that developers after such a long time coding their brain child don't make a demo video to show what it's at. I'm not talking a big Hollywood production but a simple thing that shows off the features/sounds etc. It is akin to recording an album and not promoting it. Criminal.

• edited April 2015

42 kits! Worth every penny! toooooo highly recommend to any levels!

• Very good app. Shame DM1 doesn't have better control as this. Tho I have to say DM1 sound a tiny little bit better, but DM1 midi clock sync has degraded. Funk box has better midi sync than DM1. Anyway, "Bravo" to the developer for this app. ;-)

• @Kaikoo said:
    pattern copy on sequence page! touch it like there is unlimited patterns and unlimited song sequence!

within each pattern that each of the 16 instruments can be interchangeable without affecting the pattern!

Kaikoo is it possible to have a different sample kit loaded with every pattern, or must all patterns share the same kit?

• edited April 2015

Well! The sample quality a bit of middle level! No midi syc, no per channel, no IAA.

Seekbeats so far the best because it is not the sample based! So far, every ios different drum machines have thier own strengths and weaknesses!

• edited April 2015

@kobamoto said:
    Kaikoo is it possible to have a different sample kit loaded with every pattern, or must all patterns share the same kit?

Custom kit can be made and saved! pattern can share different kits' instrument! then can be saved to Dropbox!

• also can you install samples into kit slots from copy paste from audioshare open in or regular copy paste?

• edited April 2015

@kobamoto said:
    also can you install samples into kit slots from copy paste from audioshare open in or regular copy paste?

I guess there is no your own samples! So the downside is this and no midi sync! So quite closed environment. Abus with Wow or Turnado ok but not Effectrix! So hope develeper has midi and IAA implementation in the future! Frankly, this is really a good composition tool by which Midi sync is needed for!

• i believe the app store says you can import your own samples, I'm just wondering if there is audio copy paste that you can use to do it or if its only through iTunes or something?

• @kobamoto - I'm still getting my head around iOS file systems, but as far as I can tell, there's only Dropbox or iTunes for importing your own samples at the moment. Just installed Dropbox, but haven't managed to import a sample that way yet... could be user error. Not sure.

• Thanks for the commentary/insight @Kaikoo, appreciated. Anything that's Good fun with and very groovy! gets my attention :)

@Supadom It IS amazing. All that work. Launch Day. Nothing to say....like winking at a girl in the dark.

• edited April 2015

Okay, I got a user sample loaded via Dropbox. I had to manually create the folder structure! "Diode-108\Samples". Maybe it's because I only installed Dropbox after I'd installed Diode-108. Whatever, it works, and it's now simple to import my own samples, yay! :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    ....like winking at a girl in the dark.

Love the analogy!

• @Vecoto said:
    Okay, I got a user sample loaded via Dropbox. I had to manually create the folder structure! "Diode-108\Samples". Maybe it's because I only installed Dropbox after I'd installed Diode-108. Whatever, it works, and it's now simple to import my own samples, yay! :)

Good new to hear! But I can not load any .wav sample from Dropbox. It forces to close the windows if I try to import! there is no any .wav file or any file showing. Perhaps it is still has some bugs! Any comment?

• edited April 2015

And in where you create the folder? dropbox? or edit voice window? Or you use iFunbox?

• edited April 2015

@Kaikoo said:
    Good new to hear! But I can not load any .wav sample from Dropbox. It forces to close the windows if I try to import! there is no any .wav file or any file showing. Perhaps it is still has some bugs! Any comment?

That's exactly what it did to me too. I managed to grab a screenshot of the sample path it needed when it flashed up on screen! Try making the folder structure I mentioned above, and put your samples in there. Works for me.

Oh, I found a button in the Dropbox app to create folders. Make one in the root called "Diode-108". Go into that and make one called "Samples"... I don't think the developer had this in mind. It's probably a bug lol. But anyway, chuck your samples in there and it should work fine.

• @Vecoto said:

I successful import the sample by your way! Inside dropbox, one needs manually create the Diode-108\Samples folder. Then my 5 MB sample can be imported from voice window!
    Gee! no document mention this!

so, @kabamoto , yes , your own sample can be imported, the Answer!

• @Kaikoo - excellent! I'm glad it worked for you too. We have just created the necessary documentation, I think xD

• edited April 2015

So further Diode-108 update needs a way to delete samples from voice window! Now days no one use iTunes, tired! Audioshare importing is a plus for potential market!