Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk Feedback

Comments

• Is there a way to load more than one preset or sound into a single pad? In other words, to stack the sounds when a single pad is struck.

• @bsantoro I have only done this by bringing two out, making them one (even down and dirty in Twisted Wave with the new 'paste' function) and then bringing them back as a new sample etc.

• @bsantoro Nop, you will need to double your MIDI track. As Johnny said, for single sample, you can indeed cheat but i's more complicated for multi sampled instruments.

• As I purchased sound packs, each time more issues. Less available. Less function.

Till finally, my 6th(Blues) and I only got 4 instruments out of 30 to open and play. Only a third of the samples work.

Plus on many other packs, their is massive redundancy and faulty repeats of sounds in the presets/ sample slots.

As I attempt to load I get the UVI logo in the tab pulsing grayish. I also have a negative(-) sign next to many.

So pissed already. Never get a second chance...............................................

• edited March 2015

Hello, what do you think about automation options? I'll let my suggestion:

A unique menu would work for automation in recording mode (REC), thus eliminating the need for a piano roll.
    It would work like this:

After making a melody, select the pad melody and clicking the Automation menu. Selected automation and apply holding the start button.

Automation: pitch bend, fade in, fade out, velocity, etc.

The settings are: speed, perhaps by bars or toms and semitoms, etc.

• @Deselby, No problem :)

@RustiK said:

As I purchased sound packs, each time more issues. Less available. Less function.

Till finally, my 6th(Blues) and I only got 4 instruments out of 30 to open and play. Only a third of the samples work.

Plus on many other packs, their is massive redundancy and faulty repeats of sounds in the presets/ sample slots.

As I attempt to load I get the UVI logo in the tab pulsing grayish. I also have a negative(-) sign next to many.

So pissed already. Never get a second chance...............................................

Hi,
    I invite you to create a ticket at http://www.uvi.net/contact-support and join screenshots of your issue so we can investigate.

• @Iodice said:
    Hello, what do you think about automation options? I'll let my suggestion:

A unique menu would work for automation in recording mode (REC), thus eliminating the need for a piano roll.
    It would work like this:

After making a melody, select the pad melody and clicking the Automation menu. Selected automation and apply holding the start button.

Automation: pitch bend, fade in, fade out, velocity, etc.

The settings are: speed, perhaps by bars or toms and semitoms, etc.

Thank you for proposing this, we do appreciate your interest, we are considering adding automation in further version.

• @BastienCo said:
    Deselby, No problem :)
    I invite you to create a ticket at http://www.uvi.net/contact-support and join screenshots of your issue so we can investigate.

Already did.

At this point, it is safe to say their is an issue. The numbers are beyond a few stragglers reporting issues on the web.

What is the company's stance? Do they have any idea on the root of the issue?

• edited April 2015

@RustiK
    At the moment we are still investigating on it, we do not reproduce the issue so it is difficult to fix. For the few we know about it, we are convinced that this would be a network issue. (a special case not managed in beathawk)
    Can you send me the id of the ticket so I can have a look to your log file ?

• @BastienCo said:
    RustiK
    At the moment we are still investigating on it, we do not reproduce the issue so it is difficult to fix. For the few we know about it, we are convinced that this would be a network issue. (a special case not managed in beathawk)
    Can you send me the id of the ticket so I can have a look to your log file ?

I appreciate it.

By NO means am I trying to rag on the product or be a dick to the company. I just wanted to clarify my regarding the tones and content of my posts. I am passionate about my music. In fact, if you look at my other posts for the app has been high praise purchasing it days after it was released.

Thanks a bunch.

• @BastienCo
    I just realized that BeatHawk, while it can send and receive midi data, for some reason is invisible to both Pro Midi and Midi Flow. At least on my iOS 7.1.2 Air 1.

That is strange. I haven't noticed other apps that do midi being hidden like that. Any idea why that is?

• edited April 2015

@nick said:

I noticed that too....
    But you can make Pro Midi work with Beathawk by flipping the switch "Midi to Virtual AU" in the inter app midi routing panel..not sure about Midiflow however.

• @Carnbot said:
    But you can make Pro Midi work with Beathawk by flipping the switch "Midi to Virtual AU" in the inter app midi routing panel...

Yes I noticed that too but via that route you only get one channel, I'd like to have them all ...

• Oh yes I see, I guess you can't use Beathawk instruments with this method only sample triggering

• edited April 2015

Hi @BastienCo - I rarely use Beathawk to be honest, I bought it mainly as a way to get the sample content to use in my tracks. but then I discovered, after I'd bought some sample packs, that there's no easy way to get all the sounds out.

Anyway, thought I should mention that the other day I had a persistent pop-up appear every 5 seconds telling me I needed to 'renew a lience' or 'buy a licence' or something. I have purchased the funk pack, the choir pack, the percussion pack and the guitar pack. I've restored purchases. The app functioned as normal but this thing kept appearing throughout my session every 5 seconds insisting I dismiss it. I cured it only by switching airplane mode on and then it went away.

Ipad2 ios8

I must say I haven't had a great experience with Beat Hawk personally (previous bug where it kept trying to log me into a developer app store, then the sample lockdown thing, now this one). But I appreciate you being on this forum and I've found a crude way to get Beathawk sounds into my tracks if I need them. I've deleted from my main iPad though since it's such a huge footprint.

• @nick said:
    BastienCo
    I just realized that BeatHawk, while it can send and receive midi data, for some reason is invisible to both Pro Midi and Midi Flow. At least on my iOS 7.1.2 Air 1.

Hi, Thanks for the report, I'll get those apps and try with Beathawk, there might be something we missed out regarding MIDI

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Hi BastienCo - I rarely use Beathawk to be honest, I bought it mainly as a way to get the sample content to use in my tracks. but then I discovered, after I'd bought some sample packs, that there's no easy way to get all the sounds out.

-- What do you mean by get the sounds out ? get the sounds out of the sample packs ?

Anyway, thought I should mention that the other day I had a persistent pop-up appear every 5 seconds telling me I needed to 'renew a lience' or 'buy a licence' or something. I have purchased the funk pack, the choir pack, the percussion pack and the guitar pack. I've restored purchases. The app functioned as normal but this thing kept appearing throughout my session every 5 seconds insisting I dismiss it. I cured it only by switching airplane mode on and then it went away.

-- We do not have such thing in BeatHawk, it mush be an apple message, are you sure you don't have another app running in background ? Do you use several apple accounts on your ipad ?

I must say I haven't had a great experience with Beat Hawk personally (previous bug where it kept trying to log me into a developer app store, then the sample lockdown thing, now this one). But I appreciate you being on this forum and I've found a crude way to get Beathawk sounds into my tracks if I need them. I've deleted from my main iPad though since it's such a huge footprint.

-- Sorry about that, developer app store issue was due to new apple beta testing tool that messed everything up.. we know how to handle this one now. There is going to be load of updates in future to improve BeatHawk based on user experience. We really appreciate you guys spend time trying to help us out.

• @BastienCo
    Thanks for looking into the midi issues. I think these are quite important, because the BeatHawk sounds are both good and not cheap so users want to use them outside of BeatHawk via Midi, IAA and of course audiobus.

And, rather sooner than later, it would be great to be able to use more than one instrument at a time via IAA and audiobus, like ThumbJam can do and Sample Tank can't. :)

Great to hear your committment to further development. Looking forward to the next update!

• Hi. Yep, I did mean get the samples out of the sample packs as wavs. I love some of your sample sounds and the pricing is reasonable.

I know you want to protect them from piracy. But from a user point of view it's great to be able to 'rip' sounds and samples (which of course I've paid for) for use in other software such as Gadget or sector or Samplr or Thumbjam etc. Particularly the drum loops but also some of the instruments. Beathawk doesn't particularly fit into my work flow as an app because I like doing everything on a piano roll.

But it's no biggy. I can sample from Beathawk when I need to.

I do use multiple (2) App Store accounts on my iPad 2. I only get this message about "licensing" when I run BeatHawk while connected to the Internet. Never had it before or since. Turning on airplane mode is an ok work around but I thought you might benefit from me reporting this.

Thanks again for your pro active and quick response.

• UVI has been helpful in the context of customer service. Friendly and professional.
    However, the actual remedy and fixes of these issues is still not located. I am still in contact with them as we attempt to figure this out. I appreciate their dedication to addressing the issues and concerns of customers.
    Effort and lip service is great.

The problem is this for me- I am approaching the point where I have been not able to use Beat Hawk longer than I have been able to use it since originally purchasing. Not the best benchmark to reach for me in the quickly changing IOS music app world.

If Beat Hawk isn't running and 100% usable by this weekend it may be time to move on for me.

I got my heart ripped out once with Alchemy, I can't handle another abusive relationship. :-)

• edited April 2015

@BastienCo I have done a lot of sketching with Beathawk and I think it has some unique workflow benefits to offer on iOS. There are certainly some issues that could be better solved as regards file organization and other matters that have been discussed, but your responses and attentiveness encourage me to think that this is an evolving product that we will see further updates and developments from.

I appreciate your continuing efforts.

• @BastienCo

With regards to midi could you also get TC-Data and verify that a simple setup of BeatHawk controlled by TC-Data works. As it is BeatHawk sees TC-Data but will not respond to it. I reported this a wile back to the UVI support page.

I think previous requests for multi-timbral midi support would be a great enhancement.
    Ie. Respond on more than one midi channel from external hardware or virtual midi controllers.

Would love to see more soundpacks that are purely instruments like the choir pack:)
    A General Midi sound pack along with 16 channel midi would be welcome by many.
    I love the potential of BeatHawk as a sound source and I would use it more that way in my workflow. I already have a lot invested in your soundpacks but have no reliable way to use them with TC-Data at this time.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    BastienCo I have done a lot of sketching with Beathawk and I think it has some unique workflow benefits to offer on iOS. There are certainly some issues that could be better solved as regards file organization and other matters that have been discussed, but your responses and attentiveness encourage me to think that this is an evolving product that we will see further updates and developments from.

I appreciate your continuing efforts.

You still haven't run into issues with it. You are so lucky.

Everything was fine until I made some additional purchases for the Blues and Rhodes packs. I bought the first 4 packs (disco, pop, Atlanta, and another)no problem.
    4th and 5th fuckin' twisted up the whole works.
    Haven't been able to function to a usable degree since.
    Strong Beat Hawk envy.

I just actually got an email from the company telling me they are sorry for delay they are currently experiencing increased traffic and work flow due to releases.

I got Beat Hawk blue balls.

• I hope they get this sorted out soon! I'm lucky I had no issues like that so far

• @nick said:
    I hope they get this sorted out soon! I'm lucky I had no issues like that so far

Agreed.

I find the more fun/useful something is the more one gets completely frustrated when it loses functionality, especially when it used to work.

Not suffering today, but am hopeful that fixes for folks who have problems are forthcoming as well as any expanded/refined stuff.

Easy to be patient when things are working as they should, I know, but I am grateful that the developer appears to be responsive. Perhaps grown a little quicker/sold a little more than they anticipated?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Easy to be patient when things are working as they should, I know, but I am grateful that the developer appears to be responsive. Perhaps grown a little quicker/sold a little more than they anticipated?

Premature Ejaculation anyone?

• Not right now thanks, seem to have my hands full as it is....

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Hi. Yep, I did mean get the samples out of the sample packs as wavs. I love some of your sample sounds and the pricing is reasonable.

I know you want to protect them from piracy. But from a user point of view it's great to be able to 'rip' sounds and samples (which of course I've paid for) for use in other software such as Gadget or sector or Samplr or Thumbjam etc. Particularly the drum loops but also some of the instruments. Beathawk doesn't particularly fit into my work flow as an app because I like doing everything on a piano roll.

But it's no biggy. I can sample from Beathawk when I need to.

-- Regarding the price of packages we cannot afort to make you be able to take audio files out of beathawk, we would be digging our own grave..

I do use multiple (2) App Store accounts on my iPad 2. I only get this message about "licensing" when I run BeatHawk while connected to the Internet. Never had it before or since. Turning on airplane mode is an ok work around but I thought you might benefit from me reporting this.

-- I would bet it is the double account that messed something up in beathawk. Even if you have this message, is beathawk downloading your in-app purchases ?

@Moderndaycompiler said:
    BastienCo

With regards to midi could you also get TC-Data and verify that a simple setup of BeatHawk controlled by TC-Data works. As it is BeatHawk sees TC-Data but will not respond to it. I reported this a wile back to the UVI support page.

• I'll get this app too and check what is missing, but it seems that it is the same issue than reported earlier in this thread.

I think previous requests for multi-timbral midi support would be a great enhancement.
    Ie. Respond on more than one midi channel from external hardware or virtual midi controllers.

• there is an option in beathawk "Send to Selected Pad", if you unckeck it beathawk will receive data from multiple channels, I invite you to check that out.

Would love to see more soundpacks that are purely instruments like the choir pack:)
    A General Midi sound pack along with 16 channel midi would be welcome by many.
    I love the potential of BeatHawk as a sound source and I would use it more that way in my workflow. I already have a lot invested in your soundpacks but have no reliable way to use them with TC-Data at this time.

• We do have some other sample packs on the way. we will fix this MIDI issue soon.
  • @RustiK said:
    Everything was fine until I made some additional purchases for the Blues and Rhodes packs. I bought the first 4
    packs (disco, pop, Atlanta, and another)no problem.
    4th and 5th fuckin' twisted up the whole works. Haven't been able to function to a usable degree since. Strong Beat > Hawk envy.

I just actually got an email from the company telling me they are sorry for delay they are currently experiencing
    increased traffic and work flow due to releases.

I got Beat Hawk blue balls.

We discovered an issue, when there is no more room in the iPad and a package cannot be downloaded, Beathawk may crash. Could you confirm by checking your free space please ?

• @BastienCo said:
    We discovered an issue, when there is no more room in the iPad and a package cannot be downloaded, Beathawk may crash. Could you confirm by checking your free space please ?

Let me check. Although, I think I had space, but, I will double check.

There is still the issue of the redundancy of some instruments or samples in which the entire column has the exact same sound or beat.

I will re-install and check.

Thanks B

• @BastienCo said> there is an option in beathawk "Send to Selected Pad", if you unckeck it beathawk will receive data from multiple channels, I invite you to check that out.

That's great, I was about to request the ability for different midi channels to trigger different pads and instruments but you already can do this. If I choose this in the settings (see pic)
    Then in Genome I can use different midi channel tracks for instruments and pads. Another +1 for this app :)

A feature request for the future would be to be able to assign within Beathawk the midi channel for each pad/instrument. So for a midi setup I could then assign a selection of the sample pads for just 1 channel then say 4 channels could be different instruments. Then this could leave remaining channels free for other apps to use in parallel.

Also please allow background audio when not using Audiobus.
    many thanks :)