Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Concept album: Caravan

Over the last week or so I've listened to a good bit of what folks here have made. This has been a very enjoyable experience and I am in awe of some of the creations. That doesn't make it easy to come in and try to show off my own; but luckily Tim at Discchord was kind enough to post my announcement on Friday and I've had some nice feedback. So, with a little extra confidence I humbly submit to the AB forumites my all iOS (thanks to AudioBus) concept album called Caravan.

It is available on
tozbourne.bandcamp.com/album/caravan

There is a music video of one of the songs, on YouTube:

Cheers,
Toz

Comments

• edited April 2015

The melody is great but I agree with Flo about personalizing your sounds. I would use an app like Drum Jam to add some exotic percussion like darbooka and djembe to give it a middle eastern flavor. I would use a different lead synth but it's a matter of personal taste.

What apps did you use for your sounds?

• @TozBourne Congrats on releasing your concept EP. I'm a bit of a concept album fan. I really like how the bass just seems to arrive at :55 and again around the 2:00 mark. The interplay with your eastern melody lines is nice, but even better, it livens up the whole rhythm section and the drums get a nice extra spring in their step. Such a little thing, but it pays off handsomely. Nice work! Thanks for sharing, and best of luck with the EP :)

• Thanks folks --

DrumJam was used through the album...not sure what is meant by personalized sounds...as for the timing on Caravanserai, it is a bit weird...not original intent but kept it that way.