Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sci-Fi Track - Looking Through God's Eye

Track 3 from my Sci-Fi concept album, a work in progress. Rough mix (lyrics written, vocals TBD). All comments welcome :)

Apps used: Gadget (drums), Oscilab (all synth sounds), M3000 (choir), Flying Haggis (guitar), Jamup Pro, Caramel (bass), Audiobus, Auria. Concrete slab guitar tone via FabFilter's Saturn plugin for Auria.

Preparing to leave the solar system, our intrepid heroes train their Omniscope back on Earth for one last look as they pass Jupiter's great, red eye.

Comments

• Heatshields up. Norse God spacesuits fully inflated. I sense things getting tough for our heroes. Or it could be this acid. Quick, play some of that calming western guitar music. No time. Get on up. I seem to have small intergalactic animals here in the suit with me. They have fur but not like fur I have ever felt before. No matter. Forward.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I seem to have small intergalactic animals here in the suit with me. They have fur but not like fur I have ever felt before. No matter. Forward.

Not acid but DMT.

• Fazed and stunned, nice one!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Heatshields up. Norse God spacesuits fully inflated. I sense things getting tough for our heroes. Or it could be this acid. Quick, play some of that calming western guitar music. No time. Get on up. I seem to have small intergalactic animals here in the suit with me. They have fur but not like fur I have ever felt before. No matter. Forward.

Yes! Forward! Set Sail! Damn the torpedoes and the small pseudo-furred critters that rode in on them! The course is set, but someone needs to stop off for a drink first ...

@knewspeak said:
    Fazed and stunned, nice one!

Thank you, fazers were set to stun ... :)

• Loving the sound you created with that guitar - top work. Personally, I think the drums could be brought up in the mix, but that depends on the feel you are looking for. It works as is, I just like the beat repeatedly punched into me alongside that sort of guitar sound.

• @xen said:
    Loving the sound you created with that guitar - top work. Personally, I think the drums could be brought up in the mix, but that depends on the feel you are looking for. It works as is, I just like the beat repeatedly punched into me alongside that sort of guitar sound.

Hey, thanks for listening! Glad you like the guitar tone. It started as a 1x12 cab in Flying Haggis, but Saturn is a beast. Really appreciate the feedback as well! I prefer drums to be loud and clear, so it's good to hear I've got some percussive headroom :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Heatshields up. Norse God spacesuits fully inflated. I sense things getting tough for our heroes. Or it could be this acid. Quick, play some of that calming western guitar music. No time. Get on up. I seem to have small intergalactic animals here in the suit with me. They have fur but not like fur I have ever felt before. No matter. Forward.

Can confirm. Not the acid.

@eustressor
    Wow, another fresh approach. Yes, love the guitar. Didn't notice the bleepy stuff in the background originally, but I think it is definitely important to the song. Very cool.

• @eustressor - Nice piece. Great job with the guitar and effects used.

• Great work, cool composition.

• Very impressive! Nice job!

• edited April 2015

@Martygras said:
    Wow, another fresh approach. Yes, love the guitar. Didn't notice the bleepy stuff in the background originally, but I think it is definitely important to the song. Very cool.

Thank you, Martygras ... I played with the classic Deep Purple approach with guitar panned to one side, primary synth panned opposite - glad the guitar didn't get buried in the mix.

I suppose the bleeps could be considered textural ... Or once the Vox are laid down, perhaps subtext ... Subtextural? Appreciate your listen and continued feedback, really appreciate it.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    eustressor - Nice piece. Great job with the guitar and effects used.

Thank you for listening, see above - just glad the guitar didn't get buried!

• @eustressor When will we hear these vox then? Guestimate? Not that we'd hold your feet to the fire or anything :)

• Great guitar, I like the tremolo guitar too, really clever and interesting mix of sounds

• Wow great job eurtressor! Excellent prog song with perfect instrumentation. For some reason it makes me think it would be a great soundtrack for the movie Forbidden Zone. :)

I have a question about syncing Auria with your Gadget drum track. I have Cubasis and can't get them to sync together. Obviously you had to use Gadget's sequencer for the drum track. Did you have to audio copy the drum track over, or could you sync Gadget's squencer to Auria and play guitar onto an audio track?

• edited April 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    eustressor When will we hear these vox then? Guestimate? Not that we'd hold your feet to the fire or anything :)

These vox - Summerish. Unrelated "B-Side" material - end of April.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Great guitar, I like the tremolo guitar too, really clever and interesting mix of sounds

Thank you!!

@mkell424 said:
    I have a question about syncing Auria with your Gadget drum track. I have Cubasis and can't get them to sync together. Obviously you had to use Gadget's sequencer for the drum track. Did you have to audio copy the drum track over, or could you sync Gadget's squencer to Auria and play guitar onto an audio track?

Thanks for listening! I tried syncing Gadget and Auria over AB a while back and got massive drift. It's copy and paste for me :)

• Powerman 500 had the potential for this type of music, but they got stuck in too narrow of a groove. The lead guy in Powerman 500 is Spyder, Rob Zombie's little brother. Take a listen sometime for inspiration. They had a fresh approach, but it didn't stay fresh.

• @eustressor great mix of sounds, keeping things interesting as the track bobs along! :)

• edited April 2015

Cool stuff, fascinating instrumentation and mixture of effects; did you do anything to the guitar post Flying Haggis? I too am looking forward to the vox.

Edit - just saw that you used Saturn as well. Anything else you'd be willing to share about that setup?

• @supanorton said:
    Cool stuff, fascinating instrumentation and mixture of effects; did you do anything to the guitar post Flying Haggis? I too am looking forward to the vox.

Thank you for listening and the feedback :)

Edit - just saw that you used Saturn as well. Anything else you'd be willing to share about that setup?

Lessee ... A stock 1980 Gibson Explorer into Griffen StudioConnect via an old Yamaha MX12 mixer that I have all guitars, bass and vocal mic running through. Flying Haggis was a 1x12 combo with overdrive preset. Saturn drips acid, if you let it. I just remember bouncing through the presets and scaling back on the saturation and swapping out cab sims until I found something that didn't quite rend the track in two. Then I dialed in a touch of reverb via the Dynamics knob and played with the X/Y pads and EQ on each band.

That's the beauty of Saturn for me ... Multiband with lots of easy to tweak presets :)

The clean tremolo part was straight up Flying Haggis w/tremolo minus the overdrive plus the PSP Echo plugin in Auria, which is a beautiful plugin.

• @eustressor Interesting insight. AND I've never used the PSP Echo. I will consider it an Easter Bunny thingie...

• Here comes Peter Cottontail ... Tail ... Tail ... Tail ...

• @pangolin said:
    Great work, cool composition.

@Paulyboy said:
    Very impressive! Nice job!

Thank you both for the listen and votes of confidence, I really appreciate it!

• Great job! One of my favorite things I've heard here at AB Land.

• I really enjoyed listening to this, I like how the different elements fit so well together.