Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChordJam by AudioModern - Epic NEW Update - Demo for the iPad

Here is my demo video for the new ChordJam update.
My favourite part is the new Chord Library, really good stuff in there, and the Jazz progressions are outstanding.

I hope you enjoy the video😊

Comments

• edited May 2023

This is a great update. The included packs sound really good.

I tried importing the 2 free packs for ChordJam on the audiomodern website but am having trouble importing them.
    They download as zip files, which I uncompressed to reveal a folder with 2 files: how to import and the pack itself, a .cjpack file.
    I followed the instructions to browse to the cjpack file but they are greyed out for both packs.

EDIT: never mind just saw that there is a known issue about this in another thread!

• OK, so yes, the mpe implementation makes sense actually and is not just legato glide. From the (very helpful) devs:

It is true MPE yes, you need to enable MPE protocol otherwise you will not have glide chords

With overlapping notes, you get to choose which chords to glide and which not 😉

The good thing about using MPE is that the chord will exactly bend to the following chords notes no matter where they are in keys. If we were using midi bend you would not be able to control where the bend will end separately. All notes would pitch same semitone’s regardless of the scale in use (disaster)

At the moment we have focused only on the polyphonic legato that the MPE provides, so we can glide between chords. vibrato is determined by the synth that is used. Not all MPE synths utilise this and chordjam as a chords progression sequencer does not provide this option by design. However, if we want to borrow functionally from other midi controllers that do that, now that the MPE engine in implemented we can do this and add more controls.

However, our main focus was to glide chords on MPE synths/samplers

• Thanks Doug for the great video.. it’s a nice update 👍

• Link to free preset packs, most included already 2 extra are free. Chordjam preset packs

• @AlterEgo_UK said:

I tried importing the 2 free packs for ChordJam on the audiomodern website but am having trouble importing them.
    They download as zip files, which I uncompressed to reveal a folder with 2 files: how to import and the pack itself, a .cjpack file.
    I followed the instructions to browse to the cjpack file but they are greyed out for both packs.

EDIT: never mind just saw that there is a known issue about this in another thread!

Dang so there’s no way to get the other 2 in at the moment?

• @Poppadocrock said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

Dang so there’s no way to get the other 2 in at the moment?

Update coming soon to fix that

• Does anyone know if it is possible to import chords into Chordjam? Is there a way to get MIDI in from another app?
    I wanted to use chords from Scaler, Navichord in Chordjam to use the new polyphonic bend with them but can’t seem to find out if there’s a simple way to do this (bring chords from somewhere else into Chordjam)

• @Gavinski said:

Update looks like it is here according to the version history:

v1.5.1
    27 May 2023

• Bug when importing expansion packs fixed

• @Simon said:

@Gavinski said:

Update looks like it is here according to the version history:

v1.5.1
    27 May 2023

• Bug when importing expansion packs fixed

Nice!

• Yup fixed already, that was fast! Thanks @Audiomodern

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Yup fixed already, that was fast! Thanks @Audiomodern

Still not working for me Poppa - what’s the procedure?