Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro for iPad Quick Hit: MIDI Learn

Don’t intend to weave yet another thread into the already-dense Logic Pro web. Just want to ask a presumably simple question, get a hopefully straightforward answer, then let it drift off into the AB Forum ether, to be recalled at will by any semi-competent Googler….

Does Logic Pro for iPad have MIDI Learn? If so, where is it buried? The real LP (Loopy Pro) and AUM both stand as models of effectiveness and simplicity. Thank you.

Comments

• Have only managed to get midi learn working on apps that support it. Not for the main DAW.

• If there is a power-user feature hidden somewhere, I'd love to know about it!

• edited May 2023

@cyberheater said:
    Have only managed to get midi learn working on apps that support it. Not for the main DAW.

Ok, cool (actually, not cool! But thanks for the info, @cyberheater ). Can you give an example of said supporting app, and how to access the Learn feature?

Interested in hearing any set-up advice from those using external midi controllers, particularly Novation LaunchControl and/or LaunchPad. Thanks.

• I haven't HW midi controller but would love to use GS DSP MMM or Rozeta LFO inside Logic

• I figured out one way to do it…

• Add a ”Modifier” MIDI plugin. Input event has midi learn, easy to map to a controller knob. Output event has “Learn plugin parameter” - which works great on all the internal Logic effects and some AUv3s, but not all (for example - Audiothing Wires works great with this, Bram’s WOOTT does not). Seems that the same AUv3s that support this also support on-screen recording of automation. There must be some difference in how various parameters are exposed.
  • I had the same question, specifically for audio fx on stereo out. I want my Akai MPK mini mk3 knobs assigned to repeat and filter effect. still can’t do that BUT I did figure out how to reassign my drum pads. One needs to be in play surface, edit mode, long press and scroll down, you’ll see a learn input note buried there. Here is a screen grab in case it helps.

• edited May 2023

Please do keep questions to the main questions thread, and tips in the main tips thread. The crazy number of threads means that loads of valuable info is getting lost, which is also a bad use of the time of the many people who are spending time helping others and sharing their knowledge 🙏

Questions thread

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/55761/questions-about-how-to-do-x-in-logic-whether-logic-has-y-etc-etc#latest

Tips thread

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/55759/logic-pro-favourite-features-discoveries-and-surprises#latest

• @andrewmalone said:
    I figured out one way to do it…

• Add a ”Modifier” MIDI plugin. Input event has midi learn, easy to map to a controller knob. Output event has “Learn plugin parameter” - which works great on all the internal Logic effects and some AUv3s, but not all (for example - Audiothing Wires works great with this, Bram’s WOOTT does not). Seems that the same AUv3s that support this also support on-screen recording of automation. There must be some difference in how various parameters are exposed.

Will give it a go.

@zilld2017 said:
    Ok, cool (actually, not cool! But thanks for the info, @cyberheater ). Can you give an example of said supporting app, and how to access the Learn feature?

TAL Juno has midi learn.

• @andrewmalone said:
    I figured out one way to do it…

• Add a ”Modifier” MIDI plugin. Input event has midi learn, easy to map to a controller knob. Output event has “Learn plugin parameter” - which works great on all the internal Logic effects and some AUv3s, but not all (for example - Audiothing Wires works great with this, Bram’s WOOTT does not). Seems that the same AUv3s that support this also support on-screen recording of automation.

This is the solution, at least for the short term. Will post any further discoveries re MIDI Learn here. Thanks, @andrewmalone