Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are you subscribing to Logic Pro?

edited June 2023 in Logic Pro

So, it's been a few days. Are you sold, still on the fence, or saying no?

I went in skeptical with little expectations and had no need or desire for a DAW since I never use the ones I bought before.

But surprisingly I'm liking Logic a lot. While AUM and Drambo will remain my go-tos, Logic is very easy to navigate. While it takes some getting used to, I actually like the sliding sections vs scrolling or switching to different screens. This makes my workflow much faster. I wish I could navigate my desktop DAWs this fast.

Comments

• No one is buying it, just renting it. 😛

I'm just not into subscriptions. But I'm still happy for everyone enjoying it.

• edited May 2023

Interestingly, the (current) poll result is in a bit of contrast with the fanboi-leaning balance of posts on the myriad LP threads. I didn't expect that.

Edit: a total of 6 votes. Ignore my "analysis" LOL

• Jumping on and off the fence here.

Initially with crashes and workarounds for sample import it was ‘no way’, then discovering good stuff, and the app settling down it was a yes. Now I’ve dug deeper and discovered missing functionality and content it’s a ‘probably not’ again.

Also need to factor how much I’ll actually use it. A few weeks left to decide.

• These kinds of polls encourage those with the biggest reaction to the question.

So it’s gonna skew to “HELL NO!” As those that don’t care and will just subscribe are less likely to care about the poll either.

• @klownshed said:
    These kinds of polls encourage those with the biggest reaction to the question.

So it’s gonna skew to “HELL NO!” As those that don’t care and will just subscribe are less likely to care about the poll either.

That sounds like a preferential choice of explanation. 🙂 I mean one could word the second part to say the exact opposite and it would be just as "logical":

So it’s gonna skew to “HELL YEAH!” As those that don’t care and will not subscribe are less likely to care about the poll either. 🤷

• Yes , the right word will be renting it. I take the 1 year sub usually I go for monthly but with this one I do an exception.

• Not subbing until the start of next month so that the payment will drop after payday when it comes. Also allows time for the early adopters to work out how to do everything.

• I voted with no.
    My first impression of Logic is quite good though. But as long as there is subscription only I will pass and stick to desktop Logic.

Once Apple is adding an upfront payment / lifetime license or whatever option without subscription I will be in.
    I gave Apple feedback about it.

• Not at this point. Definitely a good thing to have this on iOS for lots of reasons and is the perfect DAW for many but what is on offer does not fit my way of doing things in its current form. No point trying to crowbar it into my routine for the sake of it when I could be more productive elsewhere. I will definitely jump in though if/when it offers what I am looking for and by then I expect it will be in a much better overall state.

Most of the value-add it would bring to me today is covered by other apps I already own (though perhaps less conveniently), or those features are used infrequently enough that it would not be an issue to boot up desktop Logic for the full-fat flavour.

• edited May 2023

I think it’s a fair price for the rental. I think the more I get to know it, it’s quite good. So far it’s very stable. It’s powerful, but just need to get comfortable with it. The sound is also excellent.

• I'll rather pay this sub then splice or netflix, so yeah, i enjoy it so far

• I voted yes, although 'probably' would have been my preferred choice. I think a lot of people in the 'haven't decided' category will very likely sub to at least the monthly tier for the simple fact that for most people who don't have time to go all in on learning this deeply now, 1 month trial will simply not be enough. Those who are sold on it and have the spare cash will go for the annual sub, those without spare funds or who are more on the fence will likely go for monthly. Some of the NOs are saying they won't get it but may break their resolve and try a paid month or two at least.

• I think, there should have been a one-off cost of say, £19.99 for the basic install with a few essentials, and then IAP’s for extra packs.

That way they would most likely generate more sales of the app, more sales of bigger iPads with pricey extra storage, regular income from pack sales with the option for new packs to be created and sold, and there wouldn’t be such high expectations as there are for a £50 per year rental. Plus those of us with older, smaller devices and less cash aren’t paying for content we don’t want, and can’t fit on our devices anyway.

• @Gavinski said:
    I voted yes, although 'probably' would have been my preferred choice. I think a lot of people in the 'haven't decided' category will very likely sub to at least the monthly tier for the simple fact that for most people who don't have time to go all in on learning this deeply now, 1 month trial will simply not be enough. Those who are sold on it and have the spare cash will go for the annual sub, those without spare funds or who are more on the fence will likely go for monthly. Some of the NOs are saying they won't get it but may break their resolve and try a paid month or two at least.

You forget those who will never go to sub because they don’t want the sub or they want only AUM to use their great collection of apps. I respect it . Not all members have even enable the test period.

Some here have as hobby not so to make music but to play around with knobs And are more in experimental, or only love pure sound design , doing preset or just have joy more like sound engineers. I respect them a lot and really they don’t need this daw or any daws.

We are all different the important is to respect each other. I am not sure if Pro producer Cole in this forum in crowd they will be so respectful some pro have very bad manner and don’t respect others.

• I voted that I haven’t decided yet, though I’m leaning towards no; at least not in an ongoing capacity.
    As a desktop Logic-user, I didn’t think there’d be a single-doubt, but it seems I was wrong.

• Would a vote from someone who isn’t even going to try it count? Or is the question only directed at those evaluating now?

• @BerlinFx said:

@Gavinski said:
    I voted yes, although 'probably' would have been my preferred choice. I think a lot of people in the 'haven't decided' category will very likely sub to at least the monthly tier for the simple fact that for most people who don't have time to go all in on learning this deeply now, 1 month trial will simply not be enough. Those who are sold on it and have the spare cash will go for the annual sub, those without spare funds or who are more on the fence will likely go for monthly. Some of the NOs are saying they won't get it but may break their resolve and try a paid month or two at least.

You forget those who will never go to sub because they don’t want the sub or they want only AUM to use their great collection of apps. I respect it . Not all members have even enable the test period.

Some here have as hobby not so to make music but to play around with knobs And are more in experimental, or only love pure sound design , doing preset or just have joy more like sound engineers. I respect them a lot and really they don’t need this daw or any daws.

We are all different the important is to respect each other. I am not sure if Pro producer Cole in this forum in crowd they will be so respectful some pro have very bad manner and don’t respect others.

I do think that some of those who voted no are doing it as a protest against the subscription model but for some, their scruples will crack when it comes to the crunch. Of course, many will stick to their guns.

Remember that nobody, including Boris Johnson thought Brexit would happen, haha, amd5je nearly shat himself when it did. Polls are fun, but to be taken with a big pinch of salt!

• I will pay for a year, otherwise I would miss out on so much. But current omissions in iOS Logic lean to the very closed system and with subscription they will continue to do so. (hope I’m wrong)

This event made me appreciate my DAW-less tools more than ever before. So I will double my support towards those developers, find a way to participate in making informative content.

• edited May 2023

• There are a lot of things I like and things I don’t.

It’s hard to appreciate it when I have become so fluent in Drambonian. That and Ableton has just always made more sense to me with muscle memory.

• Voted no.

1. Doesn’t fit my workflow. I’m not a musician. I don’t create songs. I noodle. 2. When everyone else rushes to do something, I usually kick back and wait for the dust to settle. 3. I like Apple. I love indie devs more and they’ve provided me with more than enough tools to make great sounds.
  • wimwim
    edited May 2023

fwiw, strong anti-subber here, but would make an exception for a sprawling app like Logic Pro at that reasonable price point.

If I were interested in it.
    But I'm not.
    If I wanted Logic Pro I'd only want it on the desktop. Using it on the iPad looks neither fun nor productive to me.
    Didn't vote.

• Was quite excited about Logic pre-release but… what with having spent time on AUM-Neon-Loopy-Drambo, and AEMS being as good as it is, (and no sub!) not seeing the need to launch into yet another learning curve just as starting to get some results that I like. Slowly convincing myself that switching from Auria will become necessary.

Logic is obviously deep, but feels like I’m working, not playing.

• I would get it with zero hesitation if it ran on my iPad.

But it doesn’t and I am in no rush to spend all that money. If I were then I might spend it on a MacBook Pro instead anyway.

• @Kewe_Esse said:
    Was quite excited about Logic pre-release but… what with having spent time on AUM-Neon-Loopy-Drambo, and AEMS being as good as it is, (and no sub!) not seeing the need to launch into yet another learning curve just as starting to get some results that I like. Slowly convincing myself that switching from Auria will become necessary.

Logic is obviously deep, but feels like I’m working, not playing.

That so true what you said : « Logic is obviously deep, but feels like I’m working, not playing.«  😂 todayI take off the afternoon away from LP need a bit of fresh air

• edited May 2023

I'm definitely subscribing and very happy about it :)

It's not going to be perfect, there will be issues, but nothing is perfect. The learning curve is not too bad, I've picked up the basics very quickly, but I imagine there will be lots of little nuggets to discover over the coming months, which is something to look forward to.

I started a project in GB a couple of weeks ago, and I'm now finishing it in Logic and despite some little niggles the workflow is great. The biggest win, coming from Auria, is the multicore performance - the difference is huge, I can run a lot more plugins without needing to freeze or bounce.

• Of course.

• It’s a definitive yes from me. The learning curve is going to be tough. I know Cubasis really well it’s almost intuitive but as I slooowwlly work through I just think wow. eg my beloved KB 1 app is dumped as Logic does it etc etc. scaler have rushed an update to solve compatibility issues same for Rozeta suite. I’m not suffering from having Logic on a Mac which I could see raises lots of “missing” features. I do wish for Flex Pitch but hey…I genuinely think it will save me cash over time as I genuinely don’t think I need much more than I have with this. I’m yet to do a final master mix of anything on it so that might throw up some gaps but so far so very good.

• @richardyot said:
    I'm definitely subscribing and very happy about it :)

It's not going to be perfect, there will be issues, but nothing is perfect. The learning curve is not too bad, I've picked up the basics very quickly, but I imagine there will be lots of little nuggets to discover over the coming months, which is something to look forward to.

I started a project in GB a couple of weeks ago, and I'm now finishing it in Logic and despite some little niggles the workflow is great. The biggest win, coming from Auria, is the multicore performance - the difference is huge, I can run a lot more plugins without needing to freeze or bounce.

Richard it is not fair play , you have done it before in GB 😂 ne t time do it from scratch all in LP iOS 😂

• Is the question about buying the subscription on iPad or the desktop version?