Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Dang Audiothing has really been on a roll.

• Two words:
    1. Outer
    2. Space

:D

• Tides are changing…
    iOS is now the premier development destination.
    Mobile music making is now and the future 🙏🏻

• @Grandbear said:
    Two words:
    1. Outer
    2. Space

Yep. That's the ONLY one I'm waiting for.

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Tides are changing…
    iOS is now the premier development destination.
    Mobile music making is now and the future 🙏🏻

Oh yeah!

• @NeuM said:

@Grandbear said:
    Two words:
    1. Outer
    2. Space

It's not like I really need another delay, but I'm a sucker for tape delay emulations. I'm somewhat interested in Gong Amp and Speakers as well.

• edited May 2023

@Grandbear said:

@NeuM said:

@Grandbear said:
    Two words:
    1. Outer
    2. Space

It's not like I really need another delay, but I'm a sucker for tape delay emulations. I'm somewhat interested in Gong Amp and Speakers as well.

I did a comparison among my tape delay emulations on macOS and the AudioThing Outer Space version came out the winner. I compared the Outer Space versus the Cherry Audio "Stardust 201", IK Multimedia's "MixBox", Toneboosters' "ReelBus 4" and the tape delay built into Logic Pro. The AudioThing one has features not found on any of the others and the interface is fast and easy to use, so it's my preferred tape delay now. I still use everything I have, depending on what I'm doing but for the pure Space Echo sound, I like Outer Space.

• edited May 2023

@NeuM said:

@Grandbear said:

@NeuM said:

@Grandbear said:
    Two words:
    1. Outer
    2. Space

I did a comparison among my tape delay emulations on macOS and the AudioThing Outer Space version came out the winner. I compared the Outer Space versus the Cherry Audio "Stardust 201", IK Multimedia's "MixBox", Toneboosters' "ReelBus 4" and the tape delay built into Logic Pro. The AudioThing one has features not found on any of the others and the interface is fast and easy to use, so it's my preferred tape delay now. I still use everything I have, depending on what I'm doing but for the pure Space Echo sound, I like Outer Space.

There are a few others desktop options, right? UAD and Arturia come to mind

Edit: ah, never mind, it's the ones you have. GSi's is yet another Space Echo option.

• @NeuM said:

I’ve got the Arturia TAPE-201, IK Multimedia Space Delay, Audiothing Outer Space, Valhalla Delay and Softube Tape Echoes. From the specific Space Echo Emulations I like Outer Space the best. When it comes to Tape delays in general I’d prefer the Softube Tape Echoes, Valhalla Delay on a 2nd place (although that one is more versatile overall).

To be honest, I would like to see Gong Amp first, the Alborosie Dubstation is also quite nice (running both on MacBook).

• @Bietfriek said:

@NeuM said:

I’ve got the Arturia TAPE-201, IK Multimedia Space Delay, Audiothing Outer Space, Valhalla Delay and Softube Tape Echoes. From the specific Space Echo Emulations I like Outer Space the best. When it comes to Tape delays in general I’d prefer the Softube Tape Echoes, Valhalla Delay on a 2nd place (although that one is more versatile overall).

To be honest, I would like to see Gong Amp first, the Alborosie Dubstation is also quite nice (running both on MacBook).

👍

• Nice! Hope we get it soon, I love a a good sound mangler.

• edited May 2023

Filter and bit crusher... not sure I need more of that. But I'm sure someone will like it.

• Hoping speakers is also on the way soon.

• AudioThing are really...wait for it...CRUSHING it. 🤣

• @mikewb said:
    Hoping speakers is also on the way soon.

This is the one I’m waiting for. I commented on their IG about it but didn’t get a reply. But I really want this one.