Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Two days in and Logic Pro is all I need

Just saying…I can see lots of people on the forum have various legitimate issues depending on the way they work. Some people need or miss certain features. All I can say is I make fairly simple music. I have only survived iOS music making since 2020 due to Cubasis and I owe them a great debt. But this DAW for me has it all. It’s phenomenal and has more going on than I can ever understand or need. I’m really pleased because I was sure it would be yet another DAW where I found a “damn I will have to go back to ( insert favourite DAW) moment “ but it’s turned out to be the real deal. I think Steve Jobs would have been delighted. 👍 👍 Apple. So often you drive me mad but on this one you’ve completely smashed it. Take my annual subscription now! PS thanks to all YouTube tutors. I’ve learnt that I still find manuals unfathomable!

Comments

• That's a solid endorsement.

• cool…it’s taken just about two days of disciplined study for me to get in a good flow with it….but now it’s really paying dividends. inspired to create again

• I have to say the more I mess with it the more I like it. My “where’s the right button “ thing is not as bad as some new apps but it’s still rough for my learning curve. And the “-6db on the DAWs EQ is not enough but it’s too much here” thing is taking some time, particularly on Reverbs, but I’m glad there lots of controls for parameters. There’s hope that I’ll get comfortable.

• Does logic have multi bus effects like aum.

App designed for this feature. Like multi out but for an effect.

To set up beatcutter.

• I see all the potential even if my learning curve is quite low but it not the Daw just that me getting older and using before LO on Mac doesn’t help me a lot .

• In definitely mighty impressed so far. I could see myself being able to do good stuff in this without too many pain points. Early days tho, still definitely at the very start of the journey, and it's still possible that with familiarity will come the realisation that there might be certain workflow aspects that are too annoying. I will work my way through the all the in app tutorials and skim through the manual to find the most useful info, then make sure to experiment at least a bit with logic every day, rather than sticking exclusively to aum as I usually do. Within a few months I imagine I'll still be using both but it might be clearer which one deserves my personal number one spot

• @Gavinski said:
    In definitely mighty impressed so far. I could see myself being able to do good stuff in this without too many pain points. Early days tho, still definitely at the very start of the journey, and it's still possible that with familiarity will come the realisation that there might be certain workflow aspects that are too annoying. I will work my way through the all the in app tutorials and skim through the manual to find the most useful info, then make sure to experiment at least a bit with logic every day, rather than sticking exclusively to aum as I usually do. Within a few months I imagine I'll still be using both but it might be clearer which one deserves my personal number one spot

I don’t know your feeling but with all new think to learn I feel really old , I was learning some years ago quicker. It a more personal thinking.

• @BerlinFx said:

@Gavinski said:
    In definitely mighty impressed so far. I could see myself being able to do good stuff in this without too many pain points. Early days tho, still definitely at the very start of the journey, and it's still possible that with familiarity will come the realisation that there might be certain workflow aspects that are too annoying. I will work my way through the all the in app tutorials and skim through the manual to find the most useful info, then make sure to experiment at least a bit with logic every day, rather than sticking exclusively to aum as I usually do. Within a few months I imagine I'll still be using both but it might be clearer which one deserves my personal number one spot

I don’t know your feeling but with all new think to learn I feel really old , I was learning some years ago quicker. It a more personal thinking.

I’m scratching the surface as well. My REAL test is yet to be as I work on an abandoned GB track. But it is bloody deep I mean really deep but I think this time I might finally have the one DAW I will learn inside out and concentrate on making music rather than moving from that to this and back again. That way lies muscle memory and hopefully consistency. When I plugged in my Scarlett I was blown away by the quality of the sound in my headphones I don’t know what magic this is but honestly it just sounded better??

• After a decade with Auria, which to be fair has served me very well, I'm looking forward to the future with Logic Pro. It has all the things that are important to me: namely routing, bussing, aux channels etc...

There are a few niggles, but no app is ever perfect, especially not a DAW. I would like some better audio editing tools, and the full-featured Alchemy, sampler, and Drum Designer, but these may well come in the future.

In the meantime what we have already is pretty great, especially all the bundled instruments and effects.

• edited May 2023

@richardyot said:
    After a decade with Auria, which to be fair has served me very well, I'm looking forward to the future with Logic Pro. It has all the things that are important to me: namely routing, bussing, aux channels etc...

There are a few niggles, but no app is ever perfect, especially not a DAW. I would like some better audio editing tools, and the full-featured Alchemy, sampler, and Drum Designer, but these may well come in the future.

In the meantime what we have already is pretty great, especially all the bundled instruments and effects.

I will keep emphasising the ‘early days’ but to date I have rarely used automation but this makes it sooo easy ✔️ take any old sample add sprinkle of beat beaker and alchemy with reverb and you can alter the sound of a dripping tap into something musical ✔️ never really got into bus channels suddenly I get it and within minutes had drums sounding so much better due to the fabulous ease of the mixer ✔️ before anything is ‘mixed’ it already sounds more ‘there’ than I ever achieved in Cubasis. Damn I might have to take down what few tracks I have left streaming due to historic shame syndrome 😂😂

• It’s great but I am really needing some external control to speed things up. Hopefully Logic Remote support soon.

• I’ve just had half hour playing with the (drum but it’s not just for drums) pattern sequencer doing step modulation (Parameter locks). I was using it with the native ES2 synth and I am seriously impressed by its rapid fun untedious sequencing (No piano roll sliding around or zooming erratically like can happen). It has great drum machine sound engineering potential.
    the double tap on the bottom bar to switch back and forth between views is great.