Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a 37 key or 49 key controler working on IPad for Logic Ipad

Any idea what will work well plug and play ?

Comments

• Novation Launchkey 37 seems to work well and doesn’t need a powered hub.

• Arturia has a brand new 49

• @Telstar5 said:
    Arturia has a brand new 48

Thanks , plug and play IPad and MacBook Silicon ?

• I’m using the Korg Microkey Air 37, it doesn’t have any knobs or faders to map but it’s Bluetooth and runs on 2 AA batteries, it can also be plugged in via usb but I mainly use Bluetooth so I can keep my iPad plugged in or if the iPad port is being used with something else. I also have the Arturia Keylab Essential mk2 which is very nice too, they just came out with the mk3 version though.

• @Strizbiz said:
    I’m using the Korg Microkey Air 37, it doesn’t have any knobs or faders to map but it’s Bluetooth and runs on 2 AA batteries, it can also be plugged in via usb but I mainly use Bluetooth so I can keep my iPad plugged in or if the iPad port is being used with something else. I also have the Arturia Keylab Essential mk2 which is very nice too, they just came out with the mk3 version though.

Thanks for your help

• edited June 2023

-

• @JMcMillanMusic said:
    I've got an iRig Keys 2 Pro 37 - full sized keys, mod/pitch wheel, 4 knobs that act as 8 with a button, and for me most important was a headphone jack. Also has one jack for sustain or expression pedal. Assuming it's ok for Logic - I've used it with the other iOS DAWs.

By experience some keyboard can have problem with Logic on Silicon Mac so perhaps on IPad Logic so better to try , usually IK multimedia keyboard are plug and play with IPad , I had one but it was 5 years ago at least.

Will have a look too thanks

• @Strizbiz said:
    I’m using the Korg Microkey Air 37, it doesn’t have any knobs or faders to map but it’s Bluetooth and runs on 2 AA batteries, it can also be plugged in via usb but I mainly use Bluetooth so I can keep my iPad plugged in or if the iPad port is being used with something else. I also have the Arturia Keylab Essential mk2 which is very nice too, they just came out with the mk3 version though.

I also have this and it works really well. Batteries last ages.

• @cyberheater said:

@Strizbiz said:

Good as batteries are among the problems I want to avoid. Is it ok for thick fingers ?

• Roland A-49.

• @BroCoast said:
    Roland A-49.

Never heard of this one , thanks

• @BerlinFx said:

@cyberheater said:

@Strizbiz said:

Good as batteries are among the problems I want to avoid. Is it ok for thick fingers ?

I’m 6ft 5in with big hands and I don’t have a problem with it.

• @cyberheater said:

@BerlinFx said:

@cyberheater said:

@Strizbiz said:

This is a good test for keyboard indeed 😂

• @BerlinFx said:

@Telstar5 said:

My Arturia Minilab 3 is plug and play excepting the scripts for the deep DAW integration (which will not be available on iPad anyway). For playing notes and pads, and setting CC's via the knobs and faders, sure. It is USB class compliant, so plug and play. Keylab 49 will be the same. One note of caution; once you try out the "Analog Lab Intro" that comes with the keyboard, you may end up spending a lot of money on Arturua plugins for your Mac :wink:

• @mjm1138 said:

@BerlinFx said:

@Telstar5 said:

My Arturia Minilab 3 is plug and play excepting the scripts for the deep DAW integration (which will not be available on iPad anyway). For playing notes and pads, and setting CC's via the knobs and faders, sure. It is USB class compliant, so plug and play. Keylab 49 will be the same. One note of caution; once you try out the "Analog Lab Intro" that comes with the keyboard, you may end up spending a lot of money on Arturua plugins for your Mac :wink:

Thanks a lot

• edited May 2023

Buy a hardware synth you like. Synth + midi controller. Bam. At the cost of really good quality MIDI keys, may as well spend 100-200 more and have a fully functioning instrument as well.

• @cyberheater said:
    Novation Launchkey 37 seems to work well and doesn’t need a powered hub.

+1, great support too 🙏🏻

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@cyberheater said:

+1, great support too 🙏🏻

I will go for the novation 37 or the Arturia KeyLab Essential 49

• edited May 2023

@BerlinFx said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@cyberheater said:

+1, great support too 🙏🏻

Also, I find the drum pads on the Launchkey 25 and above, to be better than most keyboards with pads (“the pads are both velocity- and pressure-sensitive and will do single or polyphonic aftertouch”). Novation has done a great job adding features like strumming and advanced arp options:

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@BerlinFx said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@cyberheater said:

+1, great support too 🙏🏻

Also, I find the drum pads on the Launchkey, to be better than most keyboards with pads. Novation has done a great job adding features like strumming and advanced arp options:

Thanks as a keyboard player it very important to me the feeling of the keyboard

• edited May 2023

@BerlinFx said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@BerlinFx said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@cyberheater said:

+1, great support too 🙏🏻

Also, I find the drum pads on the Launchkey, to be better than most keyboards with pads. Novation has done a great job adding features like strumming and advanced arp options:

Arturia will probably have the advantage in the keyboard section 🙏🏻

I also have an Arturia KeyStep 37, but it has smaller keys than the Novation 37, although many customers seem to love the key action on the Arturia controllers.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@BerlinFx said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@BerlinFx said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@cyberheater said:

+1, great support too 🙏🏻

Arturia will probably have the advantage in the keyboard section 🙏🏻

I also have an Arturia KeyStep 37, but it has smaller keys than the Novation 37, although many customers seem to love the key action on the Arturia controllers.

I had a Keylab Essential 49 for a while and I was not knocked out by the keyboard feel. Don't know if it has improved for the new version, maybe online reviews will say. I know the feel of the "mk II" controllers has been praised, but they are not cheap.

I now have a Minilab 3 and I have a Keystep Pro and they seem to use the same mini keys, which I actually quite like. But, I'm not a keyboardist.

• @cyberheater said:

@BerlinFx said:

@cyberheater said:

@Strizbiz said:

noted... don't mess with Cyberheater

• I love what arturia are doing however I always found their minikeys to hurt my hands after playing for a while.

• I think I will go to a music shop where you can try perhaps these keyboards.

• edited May 2023

This might be worth a look. It is battery operated, Bluetooth midi, has rotary encoders, drum pads & is bargain priced. (£47 inc shipping to UK.)

https://www.tomtop.com/p-i8766.html?currency=GBP&Warehouse=CN&aid=gttpmaxgbth&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjryjBhD0ARIsAMLvnF_QZfAcYw4jZ_C8gD2CLw0MDxRfnBSfHRw2O5BLHaK8b_XhgtsTnFcaAug3EALw_wcB

• @Svetlovska said:
    This might be worth a look. It is battery operated, Bluetooth midi, has rotary encoders, drum pads & is bargain priced. (£47 inc shipping.)

https://www.tomtop.com/p-i8766.html?currency=GBP&Warehouse=CN&aid=gttpmaxgbth&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjryjBhD0ARIsAMLvnF_QZfAcYw4jZ_C8gD2CLw0MDxRfnBSfHRw2O5BLHaK8b_XhgtsTnFcaAug3EALw_wcB

Thanks. Low budget indeed but I got a Micro Key Arturia this why I want a bigger one , I love play piano , organs . 37 or even 49 keys is better for my pleasure. Of course I will keep the micro Lab Arturia for electro as it is really a very good one for the size and I can go on the road with it.

• Yup, makes sense. I decided to take a punt on one of these as a cable free way of doing data entry for sofa surfing AUM sessions. I’m not expecting much on the feels front at this price, but since I’m not a keyboard player anyway, that doesn’t really matter. I can imagine if I was actually a keyboardist something this small and plasticky would probably drive me mad! :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    This might be worth a look. It is battery operated, Bluetooth midi, has rotary encoders, drum pads & is bargain priced. (£47 inc shipping to UK.)

How on earth can they make it at that price? 😳

• @cyberheater said:

@Svetlovska said:

How on earth can they make it at that price? 😳

Out of the factory in China it coots no more than 10 or 12 usd . The margin in music gear are great one. How do you think is the factory cost of a good Korg , Roland, Yamaha synth nothing compare the high target you pay.