Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New synth coming from Unfiltered Audio, anyone know what it is!? Snippet Nuggets?

Found out on twitter that UA are working on a brand new synth for iOS, it's supposed to come out 4th quarter. Does anyone have any snippet nuggets? I'm sure it will be great just like all their apps!

Comments

• Oh cool, LION is really nice, whatever the new one one is, I expect it to be very interesting. Sorry all out of nuggets here...

• @tyslothrop1 said:
    Oh cool, LION is really nice, whatever the new one one is, I expect it to be very interesting. Sorry all out of nuggets here...

yeah I have a feeling it will be very interesting too!! No worries about the snippet nuggets ;)

• Ah, jeez, given how ridiculously cool their desktop apps are, I’m mad excited to see this. Wondering what has happened to the (seemingly much much less interesting) Baby Audio synth I thought was due to drop a while ago. Anyone got any snippet Nuggets on what’s going on there?

• Would love SpecOps or Byome

• edited May 2023

@Gavinski said:
    Ah, jeez, given how ridiculously cool their desktop apps are, I’m mad excited to see this. Wondering what has happened to the (seemingly much much less interesting) Baby Audio synth I thought was due to drop a while ago. Anyone got any snippet Nuggets on what’s going on there?

Maybe Baby Audio didn’t except the so-so responses on their synth and where the developers forced back to the drawing table to make it a little bit more interesting? Knowing Baby Audio doesn’t sell its stuff cheap, their synth as presented recently might be heading towards a financial failure if it’s going to be sold for the price they had in mind in the simplistic state as it is right now. My 2 cents :)

• @Slush said:

@Gavinski said:
    Ah, jeez, given how ridiculously cool their desktop apps are, I’m mad excited to see this. Wondering what has happened to the (seemingly much much less interesting) Baby Audio synth I thought was due to drop a while ago. Anyone got any snippet Nuggets on what’s going on there?

Maybe Baby Audio didn’t except the so-so responses on their synth and where the developers forced back to the drawing table to make it a little bit more interesting? Knowing Baby Audio doesn’t sell its stuff cheap, their synth as presented recently might be heading towards a financial failure if it’s going to be sold for the price they had in mind in the simplistic state as it is right now. My 2 cents :)

Sounds legit, yeah, especially with so much desktop competition. Give the reactions here and elsewhere it sounds like it went down like a lead balloon

• @Gavinski said:

Are you asking about that Baby Audio BA-1 synth? Or do they have something else in the works?

• @abf said:

@Gavinski said:

Are you asking about that Baby Audio BA-1 synth? Or do they have something else in the works?

I'm asking about that BA-1. Got a desktop release but not ios yet

• Oh, I see. I was hoping they were working on something more interesting.

• edited May 2023

Being a dad, I can confirm that baby nuggets are not very interesting

• Baby Audio did a great reverb apps they should concentrate to my opinion in doing new great FX rather than an other synth , we have now so many great synth do we need an other ?

• @sevenape said:
    Being a dad, I can confirm that baby nuggets are not very interesting

hahahaha!

• @BerlinFx said:
    Baby Audio did a great reverb apps they should concentrate to my opinion in doing new great FX rather than an other synth , we have now so many great synth do we need an other ?

Of course! I think we always need another :) But it has to offer something. There are so many great (vintage) synths I would love to see on the iOS (Cherry Audio/U-He, please!) I do think the Baby Audio synth has something to offer, but nothing really new or super interesting. 10/12 Bucks interesting maybe, if you don’t have a lot of synths yet and looking for something not too complicated. Maybe. Definitely not 20/35 bucks interesting, and my gut feeling tells me it’s not going to be any cheaper than that :#

• I got an email a while back from them when I asked if the iOS response was good enough to bring them back. They have two new apps planned, one the synth and one something else, and they’re shooting for September and October releases, with iOS versions being almost simultaneously released (review times, etc). Then they plan to continue porting their back catalog pre-Bass Mint, there just needs to be further touch optimization before they bring them over.

• @Slush said:

@BerlinFx said:
    Baby Audio did a great reverb apps they should concentrate to my opinion in doing new great FX rather than an other synth , we have now so many great synth do we need an other ?

Of course! I think we always need another :) But it has to offer something. There are so many great (vintage) synths I would love to see on the iOS (Cherry Audio/U-He, please!) I do think the Baby Audio synth has something to offer, but nothing really new or super interesting. 10/12 Bucks interesting maybe, if you don’t have a lot of synths yet and looking for something not too complicated. Maybe. Definitely not 20/35 bucks interesting, and my gut feeling tells me it’s not going to be any cheaper than that :#

Agreed. If it comes to iOS at $15 or under, I’ll probably get it. Anything over that, and it probably just ain’t worth it.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I got an email a while back from them when I asked if the iOS response was good enough to bring them back. They have two new apps planned, one the synth and one something else, and they’re shooting for September and October releases, with iOS versions being almost simultaneously released (review times, etc). Then they plan to continue porting their back catalog pre-Bass Mint, there just needs to be further touch optimization before they bring them over.

Awesome! I really love the UA apps. Needlepoint and lofi-af especially.

• Personal note: still blown away by Silo and Tails. The only things that rival them in sonic wildness are the GSP “Magic______” series of apps.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Personal note: still blown away by Silo and Tails. The only things that rival them in sonic wildness are the GSP “Magic______” series of apps.

Big agree. Those Magic apps are something else too. All 4 of their apps are really interesting.

• @Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

@Gavinski said:

Sounds legit, yeah, especially with so much desktop competition. Give the reactions here and elsewhere it sounds like it went down like a lead balloon

Probably did, lol. BA-1 has an interesting sound it seems, and for $15 or under I would purchase it. Not for anything above $20 though, and especially not at $40 or above.

Knowing UA, they will hopefully deliver something top-quality that actually does something unique. @brambos hit it out of the park with Hilda in terms of uniqueness and wondrous sound, Buttersynth is hard to top as an all-rounder (sorry Synthmaster 2), and Model 15 and miRack and Drambo are tough to beat for modular environments.

• @Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

@Gavinski said:

I honestly don't understand what the plan was. Their FX plugins are all original, cool, useful etc., ie. everything this synth isn't. They came out with the textbook definition of the term "yet another synth plugin". 🤷

• @oat_phipps said:
    I got an email a while back from them when I asked if the iOS response was good enough to bring them back. They have two new apps planned, one the synth and one something else, and they’re shooting for September and October releases, with iOS versions being almost simultaneously released (review times, etc). Then they plan to continue porting their back catalog pre-Bass Mint, there just needs to be further touch optimization before they bring them over.

good snippet content! THanks!!!

• @ervin said:

@Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

@Gavinski said:

I honestly don't understand what the plan was. Their FX plugins are all original, cool, useful etc., ie. everything this synth isn't. They came out with the textbook definition of the term "yet another synth plugin". 🤷

The plan was to recreate a classic simple hardware synth (I forget the make and model), and on that end they seemed to have succeeded. However, Hilda sounds more like a real hardware synth than BA-1, which honestly should be renamed to FA-1L. 😂

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ervin said:

@Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

@Gavinski said:

The plan was to recreate a classic simple hardware synth (I forget the make and model), and on that end they seemed to have succeeded. However, Hilda sounds more like a real hardware synth than BA-1, which honestly should be renamed to FA-1L. 😂

Oh no you di’int! :p

• @oat_phipps said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ervin said:

@Gavinski said:

@Slush said:

@Gavinski said:

Oh no you di’int! :p

🤣🤣🤣

• edited May 2023

Too soon for info..my lips are 🤐 but 😂🤣😂 at “Snippet Nuggets”

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Knowing UA, they will hopefully deliver something top-quality that actually does something unique. @brambos hit it out of the park with Hilda in terms of uniqueness and wondrous sound, Buttersynth is hard to top as an all-rounder (sorry Synthmaster 2), and Model 15 and miRack and Drambo are tough to beat for modular environments.

☝️ This.

UA made their iOS debut in an almost textbook fashion, actively engaging with the community, taking on board user feedback, and as a result produced some excellent and unique plugin ports that hopefully sold like hot cakes.

As a result, I’m immediately interested to see what they make in terms of a synth: they’re savvy enough to know what kind of competition they are up against, and clever enough to make something really interesting.

As the recent response to Hilda shows, make something wonderful and people will be all over it.

• @Gavinski said:

@abf said:

@Gavinski said:

I'm asking about that BA-1. Got a desktop release but not ios yet

Releasing on iOS next month. I should have the exact date soon as BA-1 hits beta which should be soon

• I had snippet nuggets but they cleared up with some antibiotics.

• @FastGhost said:
    I had snippet nuggets but they cleared up with some antibiotics.

I’m 💀

• @ninobeatz said:
    Too soon for info..my lips are 🤐 but 😂🤣😂 at “Snippet Nuggets”

Not even the smallest of snipnugs!? A grain!? :)