Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Changing a MIDI track's action dynamically

This discussion was created from comments split from: Loopy Pro 1.1.2: Loop Peel.

Comments

• This might be the wrong way to ask, replying to this, sorry if so, but while you're here(!), Michael, am I thinking about this wrong, is there yet (or is there in the roadmap planned) a way via follow actions to change a midi track's destination dynamically, so I can potentially have just one midi input channel and a number of synths and a selector thingy in the UI. Currently I pair midi tracks and au instruments, and use buttons to mute and unmute pairings. I wonder if some day there might be something elegant akin to but even better than ableton chain selectors? (actually need to try replacing the number of buttons with just one of the new widgets with multiple snapped positions on it instead). PS thank you greatly for incredible software.

• @Bruques said:
    This might be the wrong way to ask, replying to this, sorry if so, but while you're here(!), Michael, am I thinking about this wrong, is there yet (or is there in the roadmap planned) a way via follow actions to change a midi track's destination dynamically, so I can potentially have just one midi input channel and a number of synths and a selector thingy in the UI. Currently I pair midi tracks and au instruments, and use buttons to mute and unmute pairings. I wonder if some day there might be something elegant akin to but even better than ableton chain selectors? (actually need to try replacing the number of buttons with just one of the new widgets with multiple snapped positions on it instead). PS thank you greatly for incredible software.

Thank you!

Not just yet, but definitely do add an item to the roadmap - roadmap.loopypro.com

• @Bruques said:
    This might be the wrong way to ask, replying to this, sorry if so, but while you're here(!), Michael, am I thinking about this wrong, is there yet (or is there in the roadmap planned) a way via follow actions to change a midi track's destination dynamically, so I can potentially have just one midi input channel and a number of synths and a selector thingy in the UI. Currently I pair midi tracks and au instruments, and use buttons to mute and unmute pairings. I wonder if some day there might be something elegant akin to but even better than ableton chain selectors? (actually need to try replacing the number of buttons with just one of the new widgets with multiple snapped positions on it instead). PS thank you greatly for incredible software.

You could use streambyter or mozaic as a middleman if you don't mind putting your synths on different midi channels. If you set each synth to a different channel, you could send your midi through them and have them rechannelize midi in response to a message you send.

• Or, you could route your controller to all synths and ise follow actions to mute all but the synth that you want to record...that will also free up a lot of CPU since muted synths don't use any audio processing time.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Bruques said:

You could use streambyter or mozaic as a middleman if you don't mind putting your synths on different midi channels. If you set each synth to a different channel, you could send your midi through them and have them rechannelize midi in response to a message you send.

Unfortunately not but thank you. I'm playing Linnstrument so MPE so using all midi channels all the time.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Or, you could route your controller to all synths and ise follow actions to mute all but the synth that you want to record...that will also free up a lot of CPU since muted synths don't use any audio processing time.

thanks, so sorry for the continued thread hijack, but just to clarify then, is that the case then that a muted synth uses no processing? (unlike in daws of years past the channel being muted wouldn't stop it using processing if receiving midi).

• That is correct. I have a template that I start all my songs with. It has enough synths to crash the project 3 times over loaded, and they are all routed to the same midi controller. I inmute what I need to record, then mute and unmute others to add different instruments. It is honestly the best feature in LP for me personally, as I never have to make any midi connections. Just open the project, unmute instrument of choice, and start jamming.

@Bruques said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Or, you could route your controller to all synths and ise follow actions to mute all but the synth that you want to record...that will also free up a lot of CPU since muted synths don't use any audio processing time.

thanks, so sorry for the continued thread hijack, but just to clarify then, is that the case then that a muted synth uses no processing? (unlike in daws of years past the channel being muted wouldn't stop it using processing if receiving midi).

• @Bruques said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Bruques said:

Unfortunately not but thank you. I'm playing Linnstrument so MPE so using all midi channels all the time.

Then I suggest my muting technique. As long as you are only playing one synth at a time, it works great. My main MIDI/synth template has more synths than my iPad 6 could handle all on at once, but I only record one at a time. I have a button that cycles between the synths. If I were to create it now, I'd use a stepped dial.

• @FriedTapeworm said:
    That is correct. I have a template that I start all my songs with. It has enough synths to crash the project 3 times over loaded, and they are all routed to the same midi controller. I inmute what I need to record, then mute and unmute others to add different instruments. It is honestly the best feature in LP for me personally, as I never have to make any midi connections. Just open the project, unmute instrument of choice, and start jamming.

@Bruques said:

@espiegel123 said:

gotcha, thanks both. i will do that. and with a stepped dial to select.