Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro 1.1.2: Loop Peel

I've just released Version 1.1.2 of Loopy Pro, featuring loop peel (undo/redo individual overdub layers of a loop)!

• Added Loop Peel/Replace action, for undoing and redoing layers
  • Added support for “xx” value placeholders in custom Send MIDI continuous actions (e.g. for controlling SysEx messages via a slider, for coarse/fine CC controls, etc)
  • Added editable fader/balance labels to mixer
  • Made some significant UI optimisations
  • Tweaked clip slicer algorithm to trim trailing silence
  • Improved selection gesture in canvas editor
  • Revised mixer layout to address UI issues with large numbers of destinations/sends
  • Replaced Link “Force Tempo” setting with “Act as Master”, which also enables immediate playback start
  • When sorting sequencer tracks by colour, use mixer order
  • Removed dragging mechanic for play group assignment, in favour of marquee selection
  • Fixed clip slicer triggering while loop is playing
  • Fixed fade out
  • Added preset state workaround for AUv3s that don’t report their selected preset
  • Fixed crash related to triggering parameters when hosted as AUv3
  • Don’t wait for playback start when a recording a one-shot
  • Improved interaction within scrolling areas

Comments

• Installed and rated 5 🤗

• @tja said:
    Installed and rated 5 🤗

❤️

• You’re a madman.

Being honest I wasn’t using LP much since it went in a different direction than I was hoping but these last few updates at “Looper level” are really impressive.

Keep it up and thank you!

• @BroCoast said:
    You’re a madman.

Being honest I wasn’t using LP much since it went in a different direction than I was hoping but these last few updates at “Looper level” are really impressive.

Keep it up and thank you!

👍

Out of curiosity: which direction were you hoping for?

• V1.1.2 - LP is almost there, as far as I'm concerned. Just one more fix! Midi learn can't be deleted to be able set a new learn. No response on clicking the circle with the x .

• Loop peel looks like a great feature, and a great name. Although it does sound kind of dirty somehow...

• @Pebble said:
    V1.1.2 - LP is almost there, as far as I'm concerned. Just one more fix! Midi learn can't be deleted to be able set a new learn. No response on clicking the circle with the x .

Oh bugger! Yeah I see that. Will fix shortly, thanks for the heads up

• @mistercharlie said:
    Loop peel looks like a great feature, and a great name. Although it does sound kind of dirty somehow...

😆

• Congrats on the latest release. Looking forward to having a peel :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Congrats on the latest release. Looking forward to having a peel :)

There, now you’ve done it, now I’m really regretting that name 😆

• edited May 2023

• @FriedTapeworm said:

@Bruques said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Or, you could route your controller to all synths and ise follow actions to mute all but the synth that you want to record...that will also free up a lot of CPU since muted synths don't use any audio processing time.

thanks, so sorry for the continued thread hijack, but just to clarify then, is that the case then that a muted synth uses no processing? (unlike in daws of years past the channel being muted wouldn't stop it using processing if receiving midi).

That is correct. I have a template that I start all my songs with. It has enough synths to crash the project 3 times over loaded, and they are all routed to the same midi controller. I inmute what I need to record, then mute and unmute others to add different instruments. It is honestly the best feature in LP for me personally, as I never have to make any midi connections. Just open the project, unmute instrument of choice, and start jamming.

I've moved that conversation here, if you wouldn't mind posting there instead: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/55787/changing-a-midi-tracks-action-dynamically#latest

• You got it. Moved it to the new thread.

• I’m not sure who the OP thinks he is, but these forums are only for discussing Logic Pro.

K thanx bye.

/s

• @Tarekith said:
    I’m not sure who the OP thinks he is, but these forums are only for discussing Logic Pro.

K thanx bye.

/s

😂

• @CapnWillie said:
    Still peeling back the layers of this update but overall very impressed with how far LP has come. I grab Loopy instead of a PS5 controller. It makes expressing sound fun. Revisiting my Loopy projects is like replaying my fav open world video games.

Sweet!

• Awesome! LP keeps getting better and better! Thank you!

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

I love loop peel!

Now I kind of wish there could be an action that can be assigned to a gesture to drag the top layer to another loop ... for those times when I did an overdub but wished I had used a separate clip instead. I'll add a feature request if there isn't one already.

• @wim said:
    I love loop peel!

Now I kind of wish there could be an action that can be assigned to a gesture to drag the top layer to another loop ... for those times when I did an overdub but wished I had used a separate clip instead. I'll add a feature request if there isn't one already.

Do!

I'll be adding comping soon which requires some new UI to manage separate layers, so it might tie into that.

• @Michael said:

@wim said:
    I love loop peel!

Do!

I'll be adding comping soon which requires some new UI to manage separate layers, so it might tie into that.

Even without updates, Loopy Pro is already monster, future is bright. Best UI on platform hands down. Real evidence is when you see multi-billion$ company inspired with your design and when they ‘borrow’ some features.

Yes, I’m a shameless Loopy Pro fanboy and not just Loopy but Audiobus and everything connected to it, so everybody know this. 🤩 @Michael thank you so much for this!

• @Luxthor said:

@Michael said:

@wim said:
    I love loop peel!

Do!

Even without updates, Loopy Pro is already monster, future is bright. Best UI on platform hands down. Real evidence is when you see multi-billion$ company inspired with your design and when they ‘borrow’ some features.

Yes, I’m a shameless Loopy Pro fanboy and not just Loopy but Audiobus and everything connected to it, so everybody know this. 🤩 @Michael thank you so much for this!

Thank you! ❤️❤️