Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Team Cubasis

I will be keep using Cubasis.

-It does mostly what I want
- My iPad is too old (iPad pro 10.5 2017)
- Don’t care for subscrition (lets not start that debate again) 🙅🏻‍♂️ 🙅🏼

Anybody else ?

Hopefully Steinberg as something in the can to compete.

We need some new IAP to support them.

Comments

• edited May 2023

Never liked Cubasis UI too much but now when i start it after spending hours suffering with logic UI, Cubasis looks somewhat beautiful, clean, well designed and easy to use 🤣

• @ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I really tried to get on with CB, and actually loved a lot about it. Unfortunately, i had a really bad time with crashes from various 3rd-party apps. And while I understand this is often going to be the responsibility of the 3rd-party developer to sort out, i wasn't in any financial position to be able to pay to be a Beta-tester. Fortunately i managed to get a refund, despite having used it long enough to where i thought my request would be denied.

A shame, really.

• edited May 2023

I’m keeping all DAWs, every. Last. One. Of. Them.

Hashtag Devlife

• edited May 2023

@dendy said:
    Never liked Cubasis UI too much but now when i start it after spending hours suffering with logic UI, Cubasis looks somewhat beautiful, clean, well designed and easy to use 🤣

even more so (for me): FLSM. Deceptively simple with elegant GUI solutions that make the other timeline DAWs seem clunky, old and slow (far fewer presses to do so many things)

TBH. all my favorites are alternative takes on Logic style DAW mechanics: MTS,
    BM3, FLSM, SunVox, Renoise, Bitwig etc.

Looking like Logic has a few more features than FLSM, but…

• I will subscribe to Logic IPad but I will also carryon to use Cubasis , having 2 iOS Daw is not a nonsense at all.
    I stack to 2 daws and sometimes to AUM. Particularly that I think I will prefer to use AUV3 apps thatbI got on Cubasis and use stock plugins in Logic IPad

For Cubasis I am ok for interesting IAP but I expect first a Cubasis 3.6 to fix and improve a bit the experience I don’t want an iOS Cubase at this stage.

For Desktop Daw I got only one and this is Logic Pro X only using stock plug ins no VST.

Nothing to do. It’s IPad power or subscription policy just freedom on ios to use 2 daws.

• @brambos said:

Hashtag Devlife

made meme for you, the pain is obvious 🤣

• edited June 2023

-

• @el_bo said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I really tried to get on with CB, and actually loved a lot about it. Unfortunately, i had a really bad time with crashes from various 3rd-party apps. And while I understand this is often going to be the responsibility of the 3rd-party developer to sort out, i wasn't in any financial position to be able to pay to be a Beta-tester. Fortunately i managed to get a refund, despite having used it long enough to where i thought my request would be denied.

A shame, really.

@dendy said:

@brambos said:

Hashtag Devlife

Haha.. brilliant. I literally am Hide the Pain Harold :D

• @dendy said:

Except the first part of your sentence you described my feelings pretty well 😉
    I assume it’ll be a long journey to fall in love with Logic…

• edited May 2023

@brambos said:

Probably time for you to make your own DAW 🤣

• Not much love for Cubasis. But I can always count on @brambos 👍

• How about we start a list of features which Cubasis has but Logic does not?

My openers:
    Plug-in multi-out
    Audio multi-out
    Editing MIDI CCs in the MIDI editor

I’ll be very happy to see any points debunked!

• @MadGav said:
    How about we start a list of features which Cubasis has but Logic does not?

My openers:
    Plug-in multi-out
    Audio multi-out

Good idea ! I am afraid I can’t contribute because I don’t know the features Logic as.

• @brambos said:

@el_bo said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

A shame, really.

@dendy said:

@brambos said:

Hashtag Devlife

Haha! Oh, my aching ribs.

• @brambos said:

Hashtag Devlife

Flsm?

• @ecou said:

Anybody else ?

Will keep using NS2 (and Cubasis). Logic is cool but UI needs some further touch screen optimisation IMHO.

• @MadGav said:
    How about we start a list of features which Cubasis has but Logic does not?

My openers:
    Plug-in multi-out
    Audio multi-out

The other way around will be a list as long as from here to the moon…

• I love Logic for iPad. I’m having so much fun with it, going back to all my favorite synths and effects from the days when I used Logic. But…

I want to use my iPad to begin projects that I can finish in Cubase on my desktop. Cubasis allows me to transfer an entire project—audio and MIDI—with one file. I haven’t tried it, but I hope it does.

Unless I’m mistaken, Logic for iPad only lets you transfer audio, unless you’re working with Logic on your desktop. I need the MIDI stems to do what I want. I want to use my desktop virtual instruments to finish. Of course, I’ll export the audio from any iOS synths and apps that I can do work easier or better in iOS than I can in iOS. There are awesome synths and apps on iOS (hello @brambos) so I will use them.

The only thing I don’t know is if I should upgrade to Cubasis 3. I think I am okay with Cubasis 2 for the moment, and I can wait until the next sale before upgrading.

But if Logic allows you to export MIDI, that would change my mind. I’d get a year’s subscription for that.

By the way, one other thing that Cubasis can do that Logic can’t, is Inter-App Audio. That means I can use SampleTank and ThumbJam and all my Korg synths in Cubasis.

• edited May 2023

I haven’t been using Logic Pro very long so far so there’s that. BUT I’ve been able to:
    -find and use very pristine and dialed in sounds for my audio recordings and in-house synth sounds
    -get better easier sounding mixing and so called mastering using CB3 than I have with LPro in the same amount of time.
    I’ve also gotten very used to tweaking projects on my phone with CB3 too.
    Time may change my opinion, but so I haven’t gotten high quality sounds using LPro stock EQs and Reverbs.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

Cubasis is all the DAW I need on iOS. If a project gets to the point that Cubasis becomes limiting, I will have already decided to take it to desktop. Cubasis and Zenbeats both hit the sweet spot for me.

I have no desire to have Logic Pro on iOS. Maybe on desktop someday if I get tired of FL Studio (unlikely) or Ableton Live (likely if I have to spend any money on it).

Large scale work like what Logic Pro is capable of just doesn't suit me on an iPad.

• Now that I see there's a whole new category for it, I wish there could also be an "everything but" category.

• I fully planned on switching to Logic, but it has been nothing but trouble so far. Hopefully I can get things ironed out, but as of now, it can’t even do the basics of what I need for a 5 track song I’m working on. I may well be staying on team Cubasis…we shall see.

• I don't dig Cubasis.

Logic Pro is by far the best DAW on iPad now. It has no competitors.

• @greatestlengths said:
    I don't dig Cubasis.

Dunno.

Modular might be good ( havent really tested though )

• Id maybe use logic if better for mixing.

There might be perks to a semi usable timeline until its a timeline.

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

@greatestlengths said:
    I don't dig Cubasis.

Still, I deleted it today 😅🤗

I keep dabbling around in Cubasis, MultiTrack DAW, Audio Evolution Mobile, Auria Pro, AUM, Nanostudio 2 and Loopy Pro!

• L> @greatestlengths said:

I don't dig Cubasis.

There is plenty of threads to express your feelings about Logic Pro. This one is about Cubasis.

• Why is this thread in the Logic Pro category? @thesoundtestroom Could you please move it to another category.

• @ecou said:
    L> @greatestlengths said:

I don't dig Cubasis.

There is plenty of threads to express your feelings about Logic Pro. This one is about Cubasis.

What a disingenuous response. Please don't do that.

In your OP, you mention "Team" Cubasis, implying a competition. You say you will "keep" using Cubasis, implying there is a competitor and you mention the subscription model, which is snarky regarding the competition that has a subscription model.

Don't pretend you didn't bring up Logic in your OP, considering the above.

• The DAW I use is not who I am. For me, everything is intuitive and easy with Cubasis 3 so I will not reinvest time to learn something different when I'm perfectly fine with what I have, but I understand those who might prefer other DAW.

The thing about making music is that you want the less friction possible. Sometimes new things + more choices = more friction = less productive