Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia Minilab Problems

I have just purchased Arturia Minilab midi/synth keyboard to use with a Ipad air, i cant get the Arturia to even beep, the software from Arturia wont run with Ipad, i have tried Garage band, smaple tank and little mini, not even a beep. I have the lightninng cable, have purchased/tried a powered usb hub and still not even a beep. So i try the minilab on a pc with thier downloadable software and it works like a charm.
So i still dont understand why no tunes on Ipad.
Anyone have an idea ?
Thanks inn advance Bulldog

Comments

• edited March 2015

This mini lab runs in two modes, the first is Relative and the second is Absolute, you don't need a powered hub, it will get its power from the iPad.

When you power it up either from the PC or iPad it always defaults to Relative mode, that the mode it uses to run the bundled software you get with it. To change modes you have to press SHIFT and PAD ONE at the same time, that will put it into Absolut mode, it should now work with the iPad, if it does not then the unit is faulty.

I have included a link to a video I made showing you how to set it up with the iPad and Alchemy, but it's the same for anything

• I have had problems as well, crashes and mivirtual midi didn't work. Maybe an update fixes our problems ..

• I have tested my MiniLab with Mini Retina running iOS 8.1.2, all seems ok with Sunrizer and iSem, using genuine Apple cable, third party one does not work though.

• It flat doesn't work with a new iPad Air 2 running IOS 10.2. I get the ever-present message "This accessory is not supported" that shows up when a device needs more power. I've had the same kind of thing with the original iPad, original Air and now the Air 2 - about half the products that are supposed to work with the camera connector (most I've tried have been mics and keyboards) don't no matter what I do. I really would like to have an inexpensive keyboard controller for recording but so far I've struck out.

• @silverface said:
    It flat doesn't work with a new iPad Air 2 running IOS 10.2. I get the ever-present message "This accessory is not supported" that shows up when a device needs more power. I've had the same kind of thing with the original iPad, original Air and now the Air 2 - about half the products that are supposed to work with the camera connector (most I've tried have been mics and keyboards) don't no matter what I do. I really would like to have an inexpensive keyboard controller for recording but so far I've struck out.

Try using a shorter cable. Sounds silly but it worked for me when my Mikrokey came up with that error.

• Brilliant thesoundtestroom, that works! Why don't Arturia make this obvious?