Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your biggest musical inspirations?

edited May 2023 in Other

I’m curious what everyone’s biggest inspirations for their music is?

For me, I really love the early experimental new wave/post punk stuff. Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, Suicide The Pop Group, etc. Also Krautrock guys like Kraftwer and Neu! Industrial guys like NIN, Swans, and Coil are up there. Experimental jazz like Coltrane, Mingus, Miles. And lastly experimental hip hop like Danny Brown, Jpegmafia, Clippng, Death Grips. Hell even hardcore bands like Refused. Oh! And can’t forget IDM and House/Techno guys. Aphex Twin, Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, etc.

And maybe oddly, film is a big one. David Lynch’s work (and Angelo’s work with him). Eraserheada foley work and score are amazing. Same for the OG Texas Chainsaw Massacre. All big inspirations. And by extension noise artists like Mother, Aaron Dilloway, Merzbow, Prurient, Lightening Bolt, etc.

So what about you guys?

Comments

• edited May 2023

This reads like the lineup to the kind of music festival, they're gonna have in heaven 50 years from now ;) I should give some of the stuff you mentioned, that I don't know a listen some time.

On the Kraut side of things my favourites are Can and Kosmischer Läufer.

On top of the noisier things you mentioned, Einstuerzende Neubauten I like a lot.

When it comes to mellower electronics Air is my favourite.

My favourite hip-hop act is Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip. I do like more old school hip hop, too, but am not much of a connoisseur.

I also like older Punkrock from the Ramones to Television.

I grew up on 90s Rock from Babes in Toyland to Sonic Youth, Nirvana and Dinosaur Jr.

Singer/Songwriters I like are Baxter Dury and Joseph Arthur

One of my favourite Soundtracks is the one from Fantastic Planet.

• Basinski
    Stars of The Lid
    Burial
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Mogwai
    KLF
    CloudDead

• @HotStrange said:

For me, I really love the early experimental new wave/post punk stuff. Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, Suicide The Pop Group, etc. Also Krautrock guys like Kraftwer and Neu! Industrial guys like NIN, Swans, and Coil are up there. Experimental jazz like Coltrane, Mingus, Miles. And lastly experimental hip hop like Danny Brown, Jpegmafia, Clippng, Death Grips. Hell even hardcore bands like Refused. Oh! And can’t forget IDM and House/Techno guys. Aphex Twin, Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, etc.

And maybe oddly, film is a big one. David Lynch’s work (and Angelo’s work with him). Eraserheada foley work and score are amazing. Same for the OG Texas Chainsaw Massacre. All big inspirations. And by extension noise artists like Mother, Aaron Dilloway, Merzbow, Prurient, Lightening Bolt, etc.

So what about you guys?

I go for:

Thore Skogman
    Felix Mendelsohn
    Van Morrison
    Primal Scream
    The Hives
    Depeche Mode
    Gamma Ray
    The Cure…

• edited May 2023

I'm a Gen-Xer like many on the forum, so my music taste ranges far and wide (like many others here). It would be impossible to condense into one post: I like music from every era from the 30s to the present day, I was listening to Boygenius this morning, and Miles Davis last night.

I love soul, funk, disco, ambient, techno, indie, grunge, post-punk, and jazz.

But in terms of the music I want to make, my influences are the artists who married noisy experimentation with catchy melodies. Radiohead, Sonic Youth, the Velvet Underground, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Pixies, My Bloody Valentine.

When I was younger I was into more of the pure noise/experimentation stuff like Butthole Surfers, Einsturzende Neubaten etc... But ultimately (for me personally), I think weird music married with catchy melodies is the perfect blend - edgy but still sweet.

Venus In Furs is probably the ultimate statement in this mould: the viola drone gives the edge, and the vocal melody makes sure the song stays in your head.

• edited May 2023

@HotStrange said:
    So what about you guys?

Everything! Like many, my musical output is really an amalgamation of everything musical I've ever been exposed to, and that includes stuff that I've either not particularly been into and stuff I've even actively disliked. Some aspect or other of the entirety of music I've heard, no matter how small, seems to have been lodged somewhere in my brain and ready to exert some influence at seemingly random moments.

Whether it was being dragged along to classical concerts, choir recitals, musicals and occasional opera, by my folks, or the goth phase, the Joy Division phase, and/or the many following phases...up until now, where there's no phase; well, except for pop music...which has always been there to some extent or other.

At the grand ol' age of 51 I've reverted to listening to music more like I did when I was a child i.e unapologetically, and without the judgment that came along with scrabbling for an identity as a teen/adult. Now I just let it all in. Even in the cases where find I don't really like something, there seems to always be some part of the total that I can enjoy, or at least appreciate.

But if I had to cite one biggest influence, it would probably be Mike Oldfield's original 'Tubular Bells' album (Only Part I, really). It dropped the year after I was born, and I was hearing it before I knew I was, via my parents' love for it. And once i was old enough to be able to use the family cassette deck, I played it over and over. So much musical scope in that 20-or-so minutes, but I think the biggest way it influenced me was in the way it made non-4/4 time-signatures feel so natural to me. I didn't understand what any of it meant, but the rhythmic ebb and flow is something that informs much of how I envision music, still today.

For those interested in hearing it, here're three different presentations. !) Original, 2) Live and 3) Very recent Orchestral arrangement.

Enjoy!

• @richardyot said:

But in terms of the music I want to make, my influences are the artists who married noisy experimentation with catchy melodies. Radiohead, Sonic Youth, the Velvet Underground, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Pixies, My Bloody Valentine.

Yes, that's a very useful distinction to make. I mean in a way, whatever is around you is an inspiration in some way, but to have a clear aim and focus on that, is something I'd like to be able to do.

• edited May 2023

@el_bo said:
    At the grand ol' age of 51 I've reverted to listening to music more like I did when I was a child i.e unapologetically, and without the judgment that came along with scrabbling for an identity as a teen/adult. Now I just let it all in. Even in the cases where find I don't really like something, there seems to always be some part of the total that I can enjoy, or at least appreciate.

When we were kids, music and subcultures were tied together. A punk would never listen to disco, a goth would never listen to funk etc....

Now as an older man I love to listen to music without any of the attendant cultural baggage. My playlist will juxtapose the Beegees and the White Stripes, and no-one is shocked.

Gen Z doesn't seem to have the same attachment to musical subcultures that previous generations did, at least from what I can tell. My eldest son is about to go to art college, and his friends and cohort listen to all kinds of music, without it being part of their identity.

When I was that age everyone was divided into tribes, and you could tell what kind of music someone was into by the clothes they wore and how they did their hair. That's no longer the case, and musical subcultures seem to have vanished.

• Angus Young from 3yo to 19yo, Slash added from 20yo to 35yo, Jerry Cantrell added from 35yo to 54yo. With a healthy sprinkling of other guitar great from varieties from, jazz, blues to hard rock and Swedish metal.

• Haha, yeah. Changing one's listening preferences, along with the commensurate 'identity', was akin to apostasy. When I got back into Hip-Hop, and discovered funk and (Acid) Jazz, in my twenties, I was embarrassed by my 'dark' teen phases. Then, that shift was judged (by me) as superficial and 'soul'-less once I found Cat Stevens, Van Morrison and Joni Mitchell etc.

Honestly, it would be embarrassing to recount, were it not so regrettable. I feel sad that I imposed such restrictions on myself, and allowed them to be imposed externally. It took a long time before I could once again enjoy listening to many of the artists I used to love. Definitely one of the things I'd change if I could have a re-run at life. But alas...

I suspect that many people of our age have had similar experiences and similarly now care less about such cultural expectations. And while I had feared that in modern culture those divides had become more prevalent and more defined (bought on by much more delineation between untold numbers of sub0genres), I'm somewhat heartened to hear you say that the opposite seems to be true.

Vive la différence!

• It was in UK during summer language school as teenager first time I heard Tubular bells.

• Has varied a lot over the years.

As a kid:

The Beach Boys
    The Grease Soundtrack
    Queen
    E.L.O

Teen:
    Fugazi, Nirvana, Pixies, Smiths, Cure, Doors, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Bowie, Canned Heat, Jethro Tull, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Nick Drake, Nic Jones, Irish trad, some jazz and classical, especially chamber music

20s:
    Warp Label, Boards of Canada
    Mo' Wax, especially Dj Shadow
    Daft Punk, Super Discount, DJ Cam, Dimitri from Paris etc
    Ninja Tune
    Loads of Brazilian music from pre-Bossa days to the more electronica stuff. Especially Edu Lobo, Os Mutantes, Milton Nascimento
    Soul, jazz funk (Lonnie Liston Smith, Curtis Mayfield, Roy Ayers, Donald Byrd etc)
    Belle and Sebastian
    Radiohead, especially from Kid A onwards
    Trip Hop, Drum n Bass

30s:
    Mostly House, Electroclash etc

40s:
    Mostly jazz, ambient, experimental stuff. Writing and performing my own stuff on guitar, later abandoning that for the iPad.

I don't actually listen to that much music any more, I'd rather fiddle around with apps.

• @tyslothrop1 said:
    This reads like the lineup to the kind of music festival, they're gonna have in heaven 50 years from now ;) I should give some of the stuff you mentioned, that I don't know a listen some time.

On the Kraut side of things my favourites are Can and Kosmischer Läufer.

On top of the noisier things you mentioned, Einstuerzende Neubauten I like a lot.

When it comes to mellower electronics Air is my favourite.

My favourite hip-hop act is Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip. I do like more old school hip hop, too, but am not much of a connoisseur.

I also like older Punkrock from the Ramones to Television.

I grew up on 90s Rock from Babes in Toyland to Sonic Youth, Nirvana and Dinosaur Jr.

Singer/Songwriters I like are Baxter Dury and Joseph Arthur

One of my favourite Soundtracks is the one from Fantastic Planet.

Fantastic Planet is great! Can and Air as well. Can’t believe I left them out of the list 😮

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

So what about you guys?

I go for:

Thore Skogman
    Felix Mendelsohn
    Van Morrison
    Primal Scream
    The Hives
    Depeche Mode
    Gamma Ray
    The Cure…

The Hives rule! They just recently released a new song that’s really really good. You heard it yet?

• @el_bo said:
    Haha, yeah. Changing one's listening preferences, along with the commensurate 'identity', was akin to apostasy. When I got back into Hip-Hop, and discovered funk and (Acid) Jazz, in my twenties, I was embarrassed by my 'dark' teen phases. Then, that shift was judged (by me) as superficial and 'soul'-less once I found Cat Stevens, Van Morrison and Joni Mitchell etc.

I was a teenage goth, because, you know, I was sticking it to the man by being a nonconformist and a rebel. A boy wearing makeup, with crazy spiky hair and long pointy fingernails.

But paradoxically it was bizarrely restrictive being part of this supposedly non-conformist clan, because the rules were really strict!

Much as I liked the Sisters of Mercy and Siouxsie, I also liked the 13th Floor Elevators and The Smiths, and my fellow goths looked down on my musical tastes because they weren't pure enough. You had to conform to be a non-conformist, I couldn't really get my head around that.

Years later I remember reading with glee that Andrew Eldritch was a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac (surely considered one of the most uncool bands by the early 90s, "I'd rather jack than Fleetwood Mac" etc.) If only his fans knew what he was into...

• @Ailerom said:
    Angus Young from 3yo to 19yo, Slash added from 20yo to 35yo, Jerry Cantrell added from 35yo to 54yo. With a healthy sprinkling of other guitar great from varieties from, jazz, blues to hard rock and Swedish metal.

Alice In Chains are probably a top 10 band for me. Cantrell is an absolute genius. But man the self titled album is hard to listen to. Laynes story is heartbreaking.

• edited May 2023

@Gavinski said:
    Has varied a lot over the years.

As a kid:

The Beach Boys
    The Grease Soundtrack
    Queen
    E.L.O

Teen:
    Fugazi, Nirvana, Pixies, Smiths, Cure, Doors, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Bowie, Canned Heat, Jethro Tull, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Nick Drake, Nic Jones, Irish trad, some jazz and classical, especially chamber music

20s:
    Ninja Tune
    Loads of Brazilian music from pre-Bossa days to the more electronica stuff. Especially Edu Lobo, Os Mutantes, Milton Nascimento
    Soul, jazz funk (Lonnie Liston Smith, Curtis Mayfield, Roy Ayers, Donald Byrd etc)
    Belle and Sebastian
    Trip Hop, Drum n Bass

30s:

40s:
    Mostly jazz, ambient, experimental stuff. Writing and performing my own stuff on guitar, later abandoning that for the iPad.

I don't actually listen to that much music any more, I'd rather fiddle around with apps.

If I’m not listening to music I’m - attempting - to make it. I’m sure my fiancé hates it lol my life pretty much revolves around music and has since I first started making memories in my feeble little brain. Warp is still doing some cool stuff these days! I’m glad they’re still around. Bowie is a favorite too.

What’s your favorite Beach Boys record? Mines Surfs Up but I see a lot of variety in answers from fans.

• I’ve been very lucky to have been exposed to a wide variety of music through people I’ve been surrounded by at various times. At each phase, there have been artists who’ve “stuck”, and I guess where I am in my music making is an amalgam of all that, one way or another.

Selecting key influences from all that is quite difficult, so here’s a brainstormed list.

Reggae. Mainly dubby roots reggae, eg Lee Perry, Prince Far I, Black Uhuru

Motown and Stax/Atlantic. In particular Whitfield era Temptations, Edwin Starr, Wilson Pickett, Otis Redding.

Rock and prog: Sabbath, Zeppelin, (early) Genesis, Yes, Focus, Can

Punk and post-punk: Joy Division/New Order, The Cure, Comsat Angels, Simple Minds

Singer-songwriters: Joni Mitchell

Later metal: Rammstein, MWWB

Electronic: Tangerine Dream (up to Baumann leaving), Klaus Schulze, Laurie Anderson, Eno, Hainbach

Dance related: The Orb, Fluke, Leftfield, System Seven, Eat Static

Other (for want of a better term): King Sunny Adé, Albert Kuvezin/Yat Kha (and overtone singing in general)

There’s a ton more.

Since I really got going on my music making again in the first lockdowns, I’ve mostly been immersed in electronics, and Hainbach is probably the biggest influence on my current work. Finding his YT channel was a revelation.

I’m currently studying with Sarah Belle Reid, though, and that’s given me a huge dose of new inspiration from artists such as Eliane Radigue and Morton Subotnick, plus an unexpected injection of interactive noise and chaos.

• @richardyot said:

@el_bo said:
    Haha, yeah. Changing one's listening preferences, along with the commensurate 'identity', was akin to apostasy. When I got back into Hip-Hop, and discovered funk and (Acid) Jazz, in my twenties, I was embarrassed by my 'dark' teen phases. Then, that shift was judged (by me) as superficial and 'soul'-less once I found Cat Stevens, Van Morrison and Joni Mitchell etc.

I was a teenage goth, because, you know, I was sticking it to the man by being a nonconformist and a rebel. A boy wearing makeup, with crazy spiky hair and long pointy fingernails.

But paradoxically it was bizarrely restrictive being part of this supposedly non-conformist clan, because the rules were really strict!

Much as I liked the Sisters of Mercy and Siouxsie, I also liked the 13th Floor Elevators and The Smiths, and my fellow goths looked down on my musical tastes because they weren't pure enough. You had to conform to be a non-conformist, I couldn't really get my head around that.

Years later I remember reading with glee that Andrew Eldritch was a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac (surely considered one of the most uncool bands by the early 90s, "I'd rather jack than Fleetwood Mac" etc.) If only his fans knew what he was into...

Haha...i think you were perhaps more committed to the image than me, though I imagine had I not been so self-conscious about my weight I'd have gone all-in. I did dress up for a few gigs, though. Saw 'The Mission' at The Astoria, with a hideous back-combed mess of hair and make-up (A fat Robert Smith, might give you an idea). Donned the same 'costume', I believe when I saw Sigue Sigue Sputnik, also at The Astoria

Speaking of Robert Smith, he was definitely an idol of mine, at the time. Not boy-crush territory, but I certainly wanted to be him. The HI-TEC (basketball?) shoes period was totally iconic

But similarly to you, I also had 'The Smiths' and J&MC (Also Joy Division and New Order) jostling alongside Bauhaus et al. So no...not a 'pure-blood' ;)

• @el_bo said:
    Speaking of Robert Smith, he was definitely an idol of mine, at the time. Not boy-crush territory, but I certainly wanted to be him. The HI-TEC (basketball?) shoes period was totally iconic

I think the Cure have really stood the test of time, I listen to them as much now as I did back then, and I love all the phases they went through: post-punk, suicidal gloom, pure pop, and back to goth-pop.

The JAMC also sound just as fresh to me today as they did in the 80s and 90s. Psycho Candy and Darklands are still awesome albums, and that duet they did with Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star still sounds amazing.

• @Gavinski said:
    Has varied a lot over the years.

As a kid:

The Beach Boys
    The Grease Soundtrack
    Queen
    E.L.O

Teen:

20s:
    Ninja Tune
    Belle and Sebastian
    Trip Hop, Drum n Bass

30s:

40s:

A lot of similarities, here. I got introduced to 'The Pixies' really early on, and it's one band that managed to weather the storms of all the other changes.

• @HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

So what about you guys?

I go for:

Thore Skogman
    Felix Mendelsohn
    Van Morrison
    Primal Scream
    The Hives
    Depeche Mode
    Gamma Ray
    The Cure…

The Hives rule! They just recently released a new song that’s really really good. You heard it yet?

No, sorry…
    The Hives, great band with awesome energy…

• @richardyot said:

@el_bo said:

I think the Cure have really stood the test of time, I listen to them as much now as I did back then, and I love all the phases they went through: post-punk, suicidal gloom, pure pop, and back to goth-pop.

The JAMC also sound just as fresh to me today as they did in the 80s and 90s. Psycho Candy and Darklands are still awesome albums, and that duet they did with Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star still sounds amazing.

Noice! At the tie, I was trying to put a band together, pitched somewhere between JAMC, The Cult and Transvision Vamp (Sure i I mentioned this, some time ago, when commenting on you music). I even remember covering JAMC songs in rehearsal. But it's been so long, I can't remember a single track. Will have to go back and have a listen.

Cheers!

• It depends.. lots of variables.

I think in a pretty broad sense, some of my biggest musical influences are Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, The Gaslight Anthem, Jimmy Eat World, Crowded House, Dashboard Confessional, Cold Chisel, The Cure, Brand New, Ed Sheeran, The Midnight, Howie Day and Phoebe Bridgers.

There’s a few that are hugely influential but on I guess a more deeper level.. because they influenced my music and singing at a very young age. Those would be Boyz II Men, Brian McKnight, Prince, Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, KCi & Jojo, R.Kelly (I know)..

As a kid, I grew up on ‘90s RnB with a little bit of boyband pop thrown in - mostly RnB though, there was also a fair amount of rap in there, which was almost only Tupac and Eminem.

When I was about 13~, the 00s emo/pop-punk scene exploded and I was all in on that - still love it, and I still listen to what those acts do - there’s more than what I listed above, but the artists above are more influential on my music than some others.

There’s a few more region-specific acts up there, Cold Chisel and Crowded House - I’m an Australian, these bands were huge and I love them, definitely influential on my music. More subtly than some others but it’s there.

Howie Day has somehow been super influential on me, I kinda sound a little bit like him.. but that’s not really the reason, his Australia album just hit the spot for me and I love it to this day. There’s something about this guys music that I love, and his live stuff is awesome.

The live aspect is why Ed Sheeran is listed above too - loops. I’m actually not a live looper act, I don’t use pedals etc when gigging, but I love them for songwriting and that’s where they feel influential for me. Similar to Taking Back Sunday here - they’re influential on my backing vocals, wanting to have lots of back-and-forth/overlapping vocal lines, building up sections by looping repeating the same things over and over and over (also helps with making songs catchier)..

The Midnight is more of a vibe thing.. love their music, and I do tend to want to make my music make you feel something, in a similar way their music does. Big fan of the band and I have written some synth wave-y songs in the past.

Phoebe Bridgers is a newer one for me - she might as well represent a whole scene that I like though, the indie-folky-emo scene, where boygenius resides as well as its other members (Lucy Dacus, Julien Baker) and a few other acts like Ethel Cain, Ruston Kelly, Charli Adams among a bunch of others. I really like this type of music and it’s been influencing what I’m doing more recently. I think Noah Gunderson has some stuff that fits here but he’s too versatile to really be pigeonholed like this. But Phoebe specifically, absolutely love both of her albums and I definitely feel it’s influencing my writing.

As a real broad summary, I’d say I’m influenced mostly by 90s RnB vocally, with some emo heart in there and a tendency to combine more intimate/raw songwriting with catchy melodies and season it lightly with some “Americana”.

• edited May 2023

I love Phoebe Bridgers, but it does seem like she is guest-starring on every new song that comes out these days :)

• edited May 2023

For my years in a celtic-punky-bluegrass live band, my/our inspiration was the Pogues.

Memorable moments - playing for 8 hours in an Irish bar during the Festival Interceltique de Lorient, after drinking around 48 of those little bottles of beer to cure my raging sunstroke beforehand followed by numerous pints in the pub during the set, occasionally joined by wandering musicians (e.g. 8 German accordion players in lederhosen for Zorba the Greek), and a gig in a barn on a remote Welsh hillside in front of 200 naked people.

Mental drinking music, basically.

• The biggest influence over my entire music creation/production career has undoubtedly been Sash! Ever since I heard "Encore Une Fois" and "Ecuador" as a teenager and then the "S4! Sash!" album, I've been hooked on their sound. :) And a lifelong dream of mine came true. I was honoured to have remixed their single "Rainbow" and track "Together Again" back in 2020 and 2021 respectively (although "Rainbow" wasn't released until last year due to circumstances pushing back the release). ^_^ I also love the production on Aqua's and Vengaboy's tracks, even if their tracks are cheesy lol. And most EuroDance Music.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itc1bo6jvhdb8gv/Netta - Toy (JWM 'We Love the 90s' Remix).mp4?dl=0

But during the past couple of years, this list of influences has grown substantially. From Richie Hawtin's Minimal Techno kicking off my "Summer of Minimalism 2021" to David Lynch, Brian Eno, Phillip Glass, Stockhausen, etc giving me the thirst to produce Ambient which in turn became my "Summer of Ambient 2022", to J Dilla and Ocean heavily influencing my "Winter of Lofi 2022-2023".

I have a feeling a new shift in my music production is coming with the impending release of a certain app I will not mention here. 🤪 First with the "Praise Him!" EP which has a couple high energy EDM tracks harkening back to my EuroDance roots, and a little bit of what the kids these days call Dark Country! 😳 Not sure where this will head, although I did create a little bit of Lofi in Garageband yesterday. 😂

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The biggest influence over my entire music creation/production career has undoubtedly been Sash! Ever since I heard
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/itc1bo6jvhdb8gv/Netta - Toy (JWM 'We Love the 90s' Remix).mp4?dl=0

Really solid (Re)mix, man! Was this all done on iPad?

• @el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The biggest influence over my entire music creation/production career has undoubtedly been Sash! Ever since I heard

Yes it was back in 2018 before Gadget 2 was released. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@el_bo said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Yes it was back in 2018 before Gadget 2 was released. :)

Including the mix/master?

• edited May 2023

Everything, lol. Sometimes not even music, just a random sound, or emotion. I have found inspiration in so many different types of music, art, books, movies, etc…. I still discover new stuff regularly. Whether its New to me, or new in general.

Some of my Favorite Musicians/Bands… just a small portion of the music that inspires me.

Radiohead - this one is in order, lol. Including Thom, & Johnny’s solo stuff and various projects
    Jeff Buckley - his music is so inspiring and powerful
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra
    The Shins
    The Black Keys - especially the early years
    DeerHunter - and side projects Lotus Plaza & Atlas Sound
    Father John Misty
    Grizzly Bear
    James Blake
    Moses Sumney
    Ray Lamontagne
    Elliot Smith
    Majical Cloudz