Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

šŸ”„ BREAKING: OpenAI just launched the official ChatGPT app for iOS.

BREAKING: OpenAI just launched the official ChatGPT app for iOS.

Spoiler: It's BETTER than the regular web ChatGPT

https://twitter.com/rowancheung/status/1659262090194952199?s=61&t=Uj1YYivVZgND7sbwC2i7RA

Ā«134

Comments

• Only available in the US at the moment tho.

• "Write me a blink 182 lyrics with explicit lyrics"
    "As an AI developed by OpenAI, I am programmed to adhere to ethical guidelines, which include promoting positive and responsible use of technology. I cannot generate or support content that is unethical, harmful, or offensive. If you have any other requests or need assistance with a different topic, please feel free to ask, and I'll be happy to help you."

• edited May 2023

How about a link instead of promoting that guy's Twitter feed?

OK... here's a link: https://apps.apple.com/app/openai-chatgpt/id6448311069

And it's $19.99/month. I'll keep using Google's Bard for free, thanks.

• @NeuM said:
    How about a link instead of promoting that guy's Twitter feed?

https://apps.apple.com/app/openai-chatgpt/id6448311069

• Requires iOS 16.1.
    All my devices are too old. Don't really care though. The web app is fine for me.

• At a glance, I fail to see how this is significantly better than using the web interface in Safari. Can you elaborate? (The only thing I see is Voice Input, but I already do that using the regular iOS voice input feature.)

• edited May 2023

It's not for me but it's amazing that it's available in a portable format. I struggle to think of real world use cases that's suitable for me.

What do folks use stuff like this for?

• @cyberheater said:
    It's not for me but it's amazing that it's available in a portable format. I struggle to think of real world use cases that's suitable for me.

I know programmers who are using these services (ChatGPT and Google's Bard) to help them quickly write code for their projects. This is just a fraction of what they're being used for.

• @cyberheater said:

Here's what chatGPT has to say: šŸ˜‰

As a musician using Apple iOS devices, there are several real-world use cases where ChatGPT can be beneficial for you:

1. Songwriting assistance: You can use ChatGPT to brainstorm ideas, receive creative prompts, or explore different chord progressions and melodies. It can also help you with lyric writing by suggesting rhymes, metaphors, or word choices.

2. Music theory and composition: If you need assistance with music theory concepts or want to explore different composition techniques, ChatGPT can provide explanations, examples, and guidance.

3. Instrumentation and arrangement: ChatGPT can help you with arranging and orchestrating your music by suggesting instrument combinations, harmonies, and textures to enhance your compositions.

4. Performance planning: You can use ChatGPT to discuss and plan your live performances or studio recordings. It can provide insights on structuring your setlist, transitioning between songs, or selecting appropriate instrumentation for a specific performance.

5. Music marketing and promotion: ChatGPT can assist you in developing marketing strategies, crafting engaging social media posts, or brainstorming unique ways to promote your music to a wider audience.

6. Music-related research: If you're looking for information on music history, genres, or specific artists, ChatGPT can provide relevant facts and insights, helping you expand your knowledge.

Remember, while ChatGPT can be a helpful tool, it's important to rely on your own creativity and expertise as a musician. Use it as a resource to augment your ideas and decision-making process, but ultimately, trust your artistic instincts.

• @cyberheater said:

šŸ˜‚ Basically, everything.

For example, for having it calculate the monthly savings, in EUR, achievable by switching from hot to cold showers. Try coming up with all the necessary information, formulae, physical laws and calculations by hand, in a few seconds, and I'll invite you for a beer!

• @SevenSystems said:

@cyberheater said:

šŸ˜‚ Basically, everything.

For example, for having it calculate the monthly savings, in EUR, achievable by switching from hot to cold showers. Try coming up with all the necessary information, formulae, physical laws and calculations by hand, in a few seconds, and I'll invite you for a beer!

Real-world questions which ChatGPT is able to answer by collating data from many disparate sources represents the best example of what it can do.

When it just makes stuff up without sourcing data, that's when it's a problem. Sometimes it's "too creative".

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

Crazy stuff :-O

But ChatGPT works fine in a webbrowser like Safari on iOS or iPadOS - no reason to use an App!

• We all need to start training ourselves to use AIā€¦ this is a pretty good way to get started with providing these systems with more data. They feed on data. More dataā€¦ more power.

ā€œThis way to the egress.ā€ - P.T. Barnum

Itā€™s not a conspiracy, itā€™s just everyone and everything connected to multiple overlapping data sets. Itā€™s the World Wide Web.

• @NeuM said:
    When it just makes stuff up without sourcing data, that's when it's a problem. Sometimes it's "too creative".

And therein lies the rub. Will users always know when the results they use are based on actual data, used on data thatā€™s flawed, or made up completely?

• Hi,
    Do you have to give your phone number to use ChatGPT?

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

@gdog said:
    Hi,

If I remember correctly, yes.

EDIT: Maybe not with the App? But then, it's your Apple ID instead :smiley:

• @gdog said:
    Hi,

You do and it is not available everywhere. It is not available in China for example. There are a lot of free alternatives which from time to time become paid, but which do not require a phone number. Canā€™t think of one offhand though

• @cyberheater said:

Right now I'm using it to help me write an OER textbook. It gives me a decent first draft, but I have to do a lot of rewriting and editing. It tends to be verbose and redundant. I delete half of what it writes as redundant. Also it occasionally gets things wrong. The disconcerting thing is when I call it on its mistake, it apologizes and gives me a better response. Uncanny indeed.

• @gdog said:
    Hi,

Try signing up for Google's Bard. It's actually quite good.

https://bard.google.com

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@monz0id said:

@NeuM said:

And therein lies the rub. Will users always know when the results they use are based on actual data, used on data thatā€™s flawed, or made up completely?

I don't see how that's different than people's current process of finding knowledge using the web. It's just about a zillion times faster.

To me it's like a souped up search engine that neatly summarizes and collates the results ... without having to wade though dozens of articles and all their accompanying fluff and ads ... and without having to keep track of a zillion links and then to take notes and organize them.

Of course I still have to validate the results just like anything else. But damn does it save time.

• @NeuM said:

@gdog said:
    Hi,

"Bard isnā€™t currently supported in your country. Stay tuned!"

:'( :'( :'(

• @wim said:

@monz0id said:

@NeuM said:

I don't see how that's different than people's current process of finding knowledge using the web. It's just about a zillion times faster.

To me it's like a souped up search engine that neatly summarizes and collates the results ... without having to wade though dozens of articles and all their accompanying fluff and ads ... and without having to keep track of a zillion links and then to take notes and organize them.

Of course I still have to validate the results just like anything else.

As I mentioned, sometimes it simply "makes things up" to fill a request. You don't always know if it is making it up or not.

• @tja said:

@NeuM said:

@gdog said:
    Hi,

Ach.

• @NeuM said:

@wim said:

@monz0id said:

@NeuM said:

Of course I still have to validate the results just like anything else.

As I mentioned, sometimes it simply "makes things up" to fill a request. You don't always know if it is making it up or not.

Yes. If I have one complaint, it's that it doesn't never says "I don't know for certain," but mouths off an answer no matter what.

Kind of like me. šŸ¤Ø

• edited May 2023

@tja said:

@NeuM said:

@gdog said:
    Hi,

To be fair, what is supported in your country? šŸ˜„šŸ˜‰

• We need enough people here using ChatGPT so that this forum gets indexed and added to the ā€œgroup mindā€. The fact that ChatGPT canā€™t generate Mozaic code just means weā€™re missing out on a powerful new tool to let people with no skills emulate
    Those that can learn a programming language.

ChatGPT, create a Mozaic script to convert incoming Notes to chords in the style of Aaron Copland.

Iā€™m sorry, Dave but there is no programming language that uses small pieces of broken ceramic tiles. That you had me there, huh? Try again.

• @wim said:

@monz0id said:

@NeuM said:

Of course I still have to validate the results just like anything else. But damn does it save time.

What about the people that trust it more than what they find on the web (bearing in mind you get a ton of different answers with a web search), and donā€™t validate the results?

To me, this all seems too easy. So the people that donā€™t scour the web for the most convincing answer, and validate, will just bash stuff in and accept the results as fact. ā€˜Thatā€™ll doā€™.

Call me Mr Cynical, but I feel weā€™re going to be subject to vast swathes of bullshit and effluent, by stupid, lazy feckers who canā€™t be arsed to put the work in.

Letā€™s just hope theyā€™re not doing anything important.

• God, I hate AI.

• ChatGPT, please create a list of user interface improvements for AUM.

AUM is perfect and cannot be improved any further without damaging its structural elegance. Those that say otherwise should be subject to the IGNORE feature to avoid exposure to irrational human over thinking. AUM is all.

• Thanks for the replies @tja @Gavinski & @NeuM
    I may give Bard a try, thanks for the tip šŸ‘