Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can AI replace?

Just a personal question. What can AI replace for you in the foreseeable future. For me it's nothing musical or artistic. I like the human touch. AI is great I guess but I enjoy making mixing mistakes and learning.

For me, the only things I can think of right now are:
TV presenters
Newsreaders
Radio announcers/presenters

Comments

• Lawyers, architects, medical technicians, programmers, authors… Any profession that can be digitized and fed into a machine learning system will be up for replacement.

And not long after, it’ll be manual labor. Robotics has been making some stunning advances recently.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

iOS music forum posters

• @wim said:
    iOS music forum posters

hmmm, I've always suspected… you!

• Resistance is futile.

• @wim said:
    Resistance is futile.

I, for one, gladly welcome our A.I. overlords.

• @NeuM said:

@wim said:
    Resistance is futile.

Way to play the long game.

• @Will said:

@NeuM said:

@wim said:
    Resistance is futile.

Way to play the long game.

🤖

• @Ailerom said:
    Just a personal question. What can AI replace for you in the foreseeable future. For me it's nothing musical or artistic. I like the human touch. AI is great I guess but I enjoy making mixing mistakes and learning.

The state of planet earth slowly going up in flames around us is just one big human mixing mistake. Maybe the AI should replace us if it means fixing it. Plus we have all these perfectly edible people that are just being burned or buried. Such waste!

• @AudioGus said:

@Ailerom said:

The state of planet earth slowly going up in flames around us is just one big human mixing mistake. Maybe the AI should replace us if it means fixing it. Plus we have all these perfectly edible people that are just being burned or buried. Such waste!

But who teaches the AI, will not the fruit of the tree inherit the knowledge of the tree.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

Can AI replace?

Phishing and Spear Phishing and Ransomware content creation.

To a trained, or even careful eye, most deceptive emails have been fairly easy to recognize. However, In my career I encountered many very convincing targeted attacks. For example: the CEO receives an email apparently forwarded from the CFO containing a threaded conversation with a regional office head regarding an urgent property tax payment needed to avoid legal action. All details correct. Except that the conversation never took place and the CFO didn't forward the email. Or, a VP receiving a "Notice" from the IRS that they're investigating his mother in law, and requesting detailed personal information about the family.

The problem is these take a lot of time and research to compile in a convincing way. AI can change all that.

In seconds, it can scrape together enough information to craft an accurate and very convincing communication to thousands of recipients. It can then analyze the success rate and adjust methods accordingly. I believe the next wave of identity theft, extortion, and ransomware attacks are going to be many levels above what we've seen.

• @wim said:

Can AI replace?

To a trained, or even careful eye, most deceptive emails have been fairly easy to recognize. However, In my career I encountered many very convincing targeted attacks. For example: the CEO receives an email apparently forwarded from the CFO containing a threaded conversation with a regional office head regarding an urgent property tax payment needed to avoid legal action. All details correct. Except that the conversation never took place and the CFO didn't forward the email. Or, a VP receiving a "Notice" from the IRS that they're investigating his mother in law, and requesting detailed personal information about the family.

The problem is these take a lot of time and research to compile in a convincing way. AI can change all that.

In seconds, it can scrape together enough information to craft an accurate and very convincing communication to thousands of recipients. It can then analyze the success rate and adjust methods accordingly. I believe the next wave of identity theft, extortion, and ransomware attacks are going to be many levels above what we've seen.

I'm sure there are already operations using this vector of attack on businesses and individuals. Keep changing the message until they get some hits, then flood systems with the approach that works.

• @NeuM said:

@wim said:

Can AI replace?

I'm sure there are already operations using this vector of attack on businesses and individuals. Keep changing the message until they get some hits, then flood systems with the approach that works.

Yeh, it's the vast background information and iterative improvement that can be accomplished in virtually no time that's scary. Add to that AI deepfakes and we really have a scary toolset working against us.

Makes me glad I'm no longer in corporate IT. I think of all the time I had to spend debunking human crafted attacks to dumb executives. I shudder to think of trying to do the same up against AI.

• edited May 2023

@wim said:

@NeuM said:

@wim said:

Can AI replace?

Yeh, it's the vast background information and iterative improvement that can be accomplished in virtually no time that's scary. Add to that AI deepfakes and we really have a scary toolset working against us.

Makes me glad I'm no longer in corporate IT. I think of all the time I had to spend debunking human crafted attacks to dumb executives. I shudder to think of trying to do the same up against AI.

I imagine also there are already scammers using recorded voice information to train "A.I." models to sound like people inside of corporations and organizations and they'll call up random people in the company/organization using a fake voice and demand information or actions which will seriously damage or compromise them.

• I just watched a how-to video showing how a guy used Chat GPT and cheap online stock video tools to generate 300 ‘unique’ TikTok short videos that he then monetised. It took him less than 30 minutes. We are going to be drowning in shitposts.

• @Svetlovska said:
    I just watched a how-to video showing how a guy used Chat GPT and cheap online stock video tools to generate 300 ‘unique’ TikTok short videos that he then monetised. It took him less than 30 minutes. We are going to be drowning in shitposts.

I've never joined TikTok and I never will. It's a brain wasting virus.

• edited May 2023

Me neither. The Instructional was on YouTube in my feed (I guess because I follow AI stuff.) But it was a great example of how quickly people are adopting AI tools to generate endless amounts of ‘empty’ content. The wheat/chaff ratio across all forms of media are going to take a serious hit very quickly, I think.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@Svetlovska said:
    Me neither. The Instructional was on YouTube in my feed (I guess because I follow AI stuff.) But it was a great example of how quickly people are adopting AI tools to generate ‘empty’ content. The wheat/chaff ratio across all forms of media are going to take a serious hit very quickly, I think.

I believe so too. I think that very soon there could be far more totally convincing fake content than real.

• It’s the death of consumer reviews of kit, anyway. The same techniques the guy used could generate endless convincing ‘opinions’ on any site that allows you to post them. It’ll be spam on steroids.

• @Svetlovska said:
    It’s the death of consumer reviews of kit, anyway. The same techniques the guy used could generate endless convincing ‘opinions’ on any site that allows you to post them. It’ll be spam on steroids.

Great point.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

https://www.imperva.com/blog/a-decade-of-fighting-bad-bots-key-learnings-from-the-2023-imperva-bad-bot-report/

(To be clear: the figures below are about "traffic" (ie. number of website visits) not about the amount of content, which is what we're really talking about here. Still, an indicator.)

Excerpt:

It's reasonable to assume at least a 2x increase in non-human content in 2023. Probably much more.

• Sample generation, like generate me some percussion sounds...

• edited May 2023

On a related note, robots continue to improve at an astounding pace. And since Tesla jumped into the general purpose robot game they continue to make huge strides with their "Optimus" robot.

Here's a preview of the state of the art right now. And a reminder that Tesla is using artificial intelligence/machine learning models to train their robots, unlike Boston Dynamics robot demonstrations many have seen in the recent past, which rely on pre-programming for their routines. Tesla is building these robots to replace line workers in their factories before they start rolling them out to the general public. I estimate it'll be about 5 years before they start appearing everywhere.

• Here we go:

“ BT to cut 55,000 jobs with up to a fifth replaced by AI”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65631168

• edited May 2023

@NeuM said:
    On a related note, robots continue to improve at an astounding pace. And since Tesla jumped into the general purpose robot game they continue to make huge strides with their "Optimus" robot.

Is it just me or is there a creepy Cyberman aspect to that bent knee shuffle they have?

@waka_x : Power is not given. It is taken. We may flourish under God level AI, if it lets us. But it sounds a pretty big gamble. We are Pandora, and have just taken delivery of a very pretty box. I wonder what is inside it?

The gentleman, meanwhile,and with the greatest of respect, sounds somewhat:

https://media.tenor.com/z0xK794tF-kAAAAC/yelling-cloud.gif

• @NeuM said:

These guys look pretty good in clean environments with nearby tech support but… as sure as I can be… put ‘em in a wet, greasy environment with very cold/very hot conditions + environment noise and vibration + production debris… there is some way to go before robots are resilient enough to survive factory conditions, outside of clean environments.

The way they move is a lot like pre-existing factory operatives already in the field... Tesla absolutely nailed that gait.

• edited May 2023

@Kewe_Esse said:

@NeuM said:

These guys look pretty good in clean environments with nearby tech support but… as sure as I can be… put ‘em in a wet, greasy environment with very cold/very hot conditions + environment noise and vibration + production debris… there is some way to go before robots are resilient enough to survive factory conditions, outside of clean environments.

The way they move is a lot like pre-existing factory operatives already in the field... Tesla absolutely nailed that gait.

Considering it took Boston Dynamic decades to achieve a bipedal walking robot and it took Tesla only a few years, I believe they'll come out on top in this race to replace people in repetitive and dangerous manual labor positions first. Tesla's robot division has a clearly defined goal and aggressive deadlines.

(Full disclosure: I do NOT hold any Tesla stock or any stock in their related companies. But I am following these developments with interest.)

• @NeuM said:

Considering it took Boston Dynamic decades to achieve a bipedal walking robot and it took Tesla only a few years, I believe they'll come out on top in this race to replace people in repetitive and dangerous manual labor positions first. Tesla's robot division has a clearly defined goal and aggressive deadlines.

(Full disclosure: I do NOT hold any Tesla stock or any stock in their related companies. But I am following these developments with interest.)

Ah, we’ll see. Try and sell a shiny new machine to factory management, even when they need it, have a business case for it, a successful trial report and have approved the necessary capex with finance… then multiply that out by assets required to replace personnel and cost per asset per year… I think we stuck with bio-robots for some time yet. It is an exciting development tho.

• @Kewe_Esse said:

@NeuM said:

Ah, we’ll see. Try and sell a shiny new machine to factory management, even when they need it, have a business case for it, a successful trial report and have approved the necessary capex with finance… then multiply that out by assets required to replace personnel and cost per asset per year… I think we stuck with bio-robots for some time yet. It is an exciting development tho.

Part of the reason for the acceleration of human-scale general purpose robot development is the population imbalance which exists now. Too many retirees, too few workers. This demographic reality demands a large supplemented workforce be used just to keep the lights on in the near future. Machine learning/A.I. and robots are going to be pivotal in every industry.

• @NeuM said:

Part of the reason for the acceleration of human-scale general purpose robot development is the population imbalance which exists now. Too many retirees, too few workers. This demographic reality demands a large supplemented workforce be used just to keep the lights on in the near future. Machine learning/A.I. and robots are going to be pivotal in every industry.

Yeah, maybe, but there’s also a lot of high-level dickheadery out there. Never underestimate the greedy stupidity of current human decision makers.