Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is this possible?

I can't figure out if this is possible and I can't figure it out, or if it's impossible...

Say I have a ton of input fx on my incoming audio. especially delays and long-tail 'verbs...
I play to get a groove/riff going
record to loop
and then I want the incoming audio to mute so that effects like delay etc. are not coming out on top of the loop...

How do I set that up?

Comments

• You could put a follow action on the clip in question, for finish initial record, and make it mute the audio source, maybe? Swipe up on the clip, scroll down to follow actions, and you’ll find it in there.

• That's what I do, but I add two actions. Unmute on Begin Record and Mute on Finish Record. That way I don't have to remember to unmute before recording. I do this at the Color level so that I know any loop I record that is that color will behave that way.