Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[OUT!] Binarhythmic - Binary based MIDI Rhythm Generator ⚡️

Hey all, I’m super excited about my new app, Binarhythmic, an app designed for creating crazy rhythms! It’s super powerful and extremely fun to play with.

It’s based on the binary numbers like 00101100 and each bit in this binary number controls the gate. In the app, if you have 8 bits, you have 8 MIDI outputs. You can assign a note, velocity, gate length and MIDI channel to each bit.

The app starts from the number one and counts up on every sequencer cycle. You can change the multiplier of this counter and change the rhythm immediately.

You can add variety to velocity and gate length values. You can set lower amounts of variety for creating very nice hat sounds.

The gate type lets you control the behavior of the MIDI triggers.

• Rest mode don’t send MIDI.
  • Single mode sends one MIDI when the gate is opened.
  • Multiple mode keeps sending the MIDI on each sequencer cycle while the gate is open.
  • Hold mode sustains the note while the gate is open.

Logic is one of the most powerful and crazy features of this app. You can modify the bits by applying logic operations on them with the other bits.

• AND(&) operation opens the gate if that bit AND the other bit is open.
  • OR(+) operation opens the gate if that bit OR the other bit is open.
  • XOR(^) operation opens the gate if the other bit is NOT open.

Also,

• You can lock the notes in a scale including your custom ScaleBud 2 scales in the settings menu
  • And you can change them with BrainBud.
  • The multiplier is a very fun parameter, you can modulate it with PatternBud.
  • The draw mode lets you change the values by swiping the parameters very quickly.
  • You can control multiple synths by assigning different MIDI channels to the bits.

The beta version is ready. Let me know your testflight email address if you’d like to test it. I’m looking forward for your feedbacks. I really really love this app, it’s one of my craziest and most fun apps, I’m sure you’ll love it too!

This is what it looks like btw:

Comments

• Great work! Can’t wait to try it out. 😀 it’s got rhythmic in its name - I’ll probably need a few goes in the AppStore to get it right.

• That sounds fun!

• This sounds awesome!

• Nice, we needed a DrumBud to complete the suite.

• This is a very cool one, no doubt!

• edited April 2023

How do you join the beta @cem_olcay id love to give it a go…
    Edit just saw the end I’ll dm you.

• @auxmux said:
    Nice, we needed a DrumBud to complete the suite.

Lol. That’s what I was thinking drum bud, maybe bass bud too.

• Beta invitations sent, can’t wait for your feedbacks!

• @cem_olcay - very promising - thanks for the built in tutorial...👍

• Even just monkey fingering this is really good fun, I’ll check out the tutorial in a bit though as I think there’s some really interesting stuff going on under the hood

• @Krupa said:
    Even just monkey fingering this is really good fun, I’ll check out the tutorial in a bit though as I think there’s some really interesting stuff going on under the hood

Best Cem app in a while, for me at least!

• @Gavinski said:

@Krupa said:
    Even just monkey fingering this is really good fun, I’ll check out the tutorial in a bit though as I think there’s some really interesting stuff going on under the hood

Yeah, a true original, a key to the logic would be handy, I had to go through the tutorial again to spot them…

• @cem_olcay Thanks. Just installed the app, very excited. I think I'll be playing with the app till early morning!.. :smiley:

• I apologize for straying off-topic, but this sort of thing drives me nuts..: Anybody having a problem with the twitter video not showing in OP's post on iPad? It appears on my Mac alright, but not on safari on my iPad.. (I tried turning content blockers off, still nothing.. anyone knows why?)

• edited May 2023

The last beta build fixes the MIDI channel issue. If there is no more feedback or bug report, I'll wrap things up and release the app.

• Yes great to see it goes up to 16 bars for long winding ambient pieces works great with a instrument running into Cascades Limitless linger preset.

• @Gavinski said:

I feel the same. Haven't had any issues so far, very fun app and so quick to work with!

• @cem_olcay said:
    The last beta build fixes the MIDI channel issue. If there is no more feedback or bug report, I'll wrap things up and release the app.

As I said in the DM - the midi out is now working fine and I haven't got any other issues to report ...👍

• Awesome, thanks everyone!
    BTW - I forgot adding the min/max octave setting on the settings menu. It's been added on the last build, sorry 😅
    Let me know about your experiences and feature requests, I've sent quite a few beta invitations.
    I'm planning to release it towards the end of the week 👍

• Looking good @cem_olcay Today's update fixes the issues I had. This is an awesome sequencer.

• edited May 2023

Binarhythmic is coming on this Thursday! (5/11)

It’s so much fun to play your hardware instruments as well, in this video I played my Drumbrute Impact with Binarhythmic:

(Does anyone have Digitone, I’ll ask for a favor 😂)

• Can't wait for this!

• The landing page for Binarhythmic is ready. This app is a bit hard to explain, I hope the website make sense. Let me know what you think.

http://keybudapp.com/binarhythmic

• edited May 2023

@cem_olcay said:
    The landing page for Binarhythmic is ready. This app is a bit hard to explain, I hope the website make sense. Let me know what you think.

Yes makes sense! Apart from “utilitating”, which I’m pretty sure isn’t a word 😆 “Using” would be fine in this context…

• edited May 2023

@Kashi said:

@cem_olcay said:
    The landing page for Binarhythmic is ready. This app is a bit hard to explain, I hope the website make sense. Let me know what you think.

Yes makes sense! Apart from “utilitating”, which I’m pretty sure isn’t a word 😆 “Using” would be fine in this context…

Oh yeah, I fixed that, thanks 😄

The app is coming tomorrow btw! I'm super excited about this app, I know you guys are going to love it and create crazy stuff with it!

• @cem_olcay said:

@Kashi said:

@cem_olcay said:

Oh yeah, I fixed that, thanks 😄

The app is coming tomorrow btw! I'm super excited about this app, I know you guys are going to love it and create crazy stuff with it!

It's also very able to create some really beautiful stuff too - it's been a blast to test this one - thanks @cem_olcay ...👍

• this is 🚀 congrats @cem_olcay

• This is an issue I only encountered with LK and they (imaginando) has struggled long without a solution. So if you @cem_olcay figure out what the problem is, please share your wisdom with your fellow devs over in Portugal...
    iPad Pro M1 11. iOS 16.4.1(a) in AUM.
    I was running three instances of Binarhy and all is greyed out like this (image).

• @Pxlhg the beta testers never reported something like this. Here I fit 15 instances on the screen without a problem. Do you have any idea how to reproduce this?