Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Teenage Engineering - Portable Mic

https://teenage.engineering/store/cm-15

welp, theyve done it again.... $1,200 bucks. Looks cool, probably sounds decent, but would have loved a way to record onboard, so that it could be used as an actual field recorder.

Comments

• @shinyisshiny said:

welp, theyve done it again.... $1,200 bucks. Looks cool, probably sounds decent, but would have loved a way to record onboard, so that it could be used as an actual field recorder.

A way to record onboard and also 1/4 of the price and it would be nice.

• edited April 2023

@HotStrange said:

@shinyisshiny said:

A way to record onboard and also 1/4 of the price and it would be nice.

I concur.
    For the price I’d personally rather buy a matte black Neumann TLM-102 and have money left over to buy a Kaotica Eyeball and Mogami mic cable 🤩

• I think they are testing the waters to find out at what point their customers decide “enough is enough”.

• edited April 2023

@NeuM said:
    I think they are testing the waters to find out at what point their customers decide “enough is enough”.

😂 yeah, the price is extreme considering they don’t have a reputation for creating microphones. To some degree it seems they have an Apple mentality: make stuff that is visually attractive to those who like elegant, clever design then charge a premium price for the Teenage Engineering brand, expecting brand enthusiasts to buy everything they sell… “I got an OP-1 Field, OP-Z, TX-6, etc. gotta get this mic” 🤦‍♂️

So far the entire TE Field collection tops out at $5k and fits in a backpack easily, I guess that’s not awful if you can afford it. I don’t knock those who buy all their stuff because “I get it”, collecting is fun and TE products are eye catching and fun to use, they are almost art pieces. My minimalist design mind drools over artifacts like these, but like an Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman, too expensive for my blood at this point in life.

• edited April 2023

They’ve crammed quite a bit of tech in a small space. Large diaphragm condenser are really not super travel friendly. A bit more delicate than a dynamic mic. Seems like the diaphragm capsule itself is manufactured in the US by Peluso mic lab which has a pretty great rep. It’s expensive but $1200 is in the realm of other high end studio condensers without the added benefit of USB and built in power and analog to digital converters. Looking forward to hearing demos with actual instrumental recordings.

• mmm i rather keep an expensive condenser mic at home... in a box... in a cupboard.

• @mikewb said:
    They’ve crammed quite a bit of tech in a small space. Large diaphragm condenser are really not super travel friendly. A bit more delicate than a dynamic mic. Seems like the diaphragm capsule itself is manufactured in the US by Peluso mic lab which has a pretty great rep. It’s expensive but $1200 is in the realm of other high end studio condensers without the added benefit of USB and built in power and analog to digital converters. Looking forward to hearing demos with actual instrumental recordings.

I love the idea of the “world as your studio”