Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth Is Released!

Great to give her a long awaited spin! Cheers, ED

Appstore link:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/buttersynth/id1497419006

Kirnu website:
https://www.kirnuarp.com

Manual:
https://www.kirnuarp.com/ButterSynth-Manual.pdf

Comments

• edited April 2023

Important information

This initial version is iPad only but iPhone conoatibility (together with few bug fixes which we found since preorder was activated during last week or two) will follow very soon - unfortunatelly apple doesn’t allow to update app in release queue so this version had to go as is, and first update will go out shortly after.

• Awesome demo! Thanks!

• Congrats to the dev! Has been working long and hard on this!

• It amazes me that when I search for things on the App Store, the app doesn’t show up, or it’s miles down the page

• The sound engine is top notch ! Interface is great! Love that is not clutterd ! Big thanks !

• edited April 2023

So excited to see this synth finally out in the wild.

Arto (Kirnu Dev) has done a phenomenal job in realising his vision for this app. This has been a real labour of love, and his perseverance navigating the various challenges, incorporating crazy ideas from the beta team, and fitting all of this alongside his personal life and day job are nothing short of inspirational.

It was a pleasure and honour to be involved with the creation this special app, in my own small way 🙏

...perhaps now I can finally get around to finishing that preset pack I promised him about 18 months ago 🤣

• @tk32 said:
    So excited to see this synth finally out in the wild.

Arto (Kirnu Dev) has done a phenomenal job in realising his vision for this app. This has been a real labour of love, and his perseverance navigating the various challenges, incorporating crazy ideas from the beta team, and fitting all of this this alongside his personal life and day job are nothing short of inspirational.

It was a pleasure and honour to be involved with the creation this special app, in my own small way 🙏

...perhaps now I can finally get around to finishing that preset pack I promised him about 18 months ago 🤣

Is it a one man team? If so this is a phenomenal achievement!

• edited April 2023

@gregsmith said

Is it a one man team? If so this is a phenomenal achievement!

one dev with daily job, doing this just in his free time !!!

Fins are incredible. Different kind of animals than rest of humanity. Few of best musicians and coders are from Finland !

• Agree with @dendy it is more than a great dev including for GUI , I bought it this morning as this guy deserve it and the pricing is right.

• Nice Synthesizer👍🏽🧔🏼🙏🏽
    Long press - I see the MIDI Learn, but it doesn’t react, from my point of view. Reaction to CC1 and pitchbend is given.

• Some presets got my M1 maxing out 😳
    Beautiful monster

• So glad it’s finally here. This will surely go down as one of the iOS greats. Insane power.

• edited April 2023

@Satie said:
    Nice Synthesizer👍🏽🧔🏼🙏🏽
    Long press - I see the MIDI Learn, but it doesn’t react, from my point of view. Reaction to CC1 and pitchbend is given.

Long-press is for mod matrix assignment, not MIDI learn.

For MIDI mapping you need the MIDI config page (wrench icon, top-right)

EDIT: Apologies - yes, there is a "MIDI learn" option available via the long-press menu (my mistake). I'll ask the beta team to test again that this is working correctly.

• Since this morning I an going around it and it is really impressive, a Monster , I now agree to what others said and I was not willing to buy it first.

• Is it possible to disable the "you have unsaved changes" window that pops up every time I change to a different preset?

Having fun so far, sounds good!

• edited April 2023

@Kashi said:
    Is it possible to disable the "you have unsaved changes" window that pops up every time I change to a different preset?

Not currently. This message only pops-up if you have made adjustments to one of the factory presets. During beta testing we lost so many lovely presets -- by accidentally advancing to the next preset -- that this warning pop-up became absolutely essential for us.

Arto might add an option to disable it in a future update, but I would suggest the minor irritation of pressing NO a few times is much less than the pain of losing a lovely preset forever. He is also considering disabling the message for factory presets (versus working from the init patch) - watch this space.

• @tk32 said:

@Kashi said:
    Is it possible to disable the "you have unsaved changes" window that pops up every time I change to a different preset?

Not currently. This message only pops-up if you have made adjustments to one of the factory presets. During beta testing we lost so many lovely presets -- by accidentally advancing to the next preset -- that this warning pop-up became absolutely essential for us.

Arto might add an option to disable it in a future update, but I would suggest the minor irritation of pressing NO a few times is much less than the pain of losing a lovely preset forever. He is also considering disabling the message for factory presets (versus working from the init patch) - watch this space.

Ok cool, thanks for your swift response :)

• edited April 2023

I wonder what Jakob Haq thinks about this app?

...oh wait...

• I went to the App Store to install, but noticed that the App Store version was already installed over the TestFlight version!

I have no automatic installations enabled, so this is a bit irritiating.

• edited April 2023

@tja said:
    I went to the App Store to install, but noticed that the App Store version was already installed over the TestFlight version!

I think Apple treats pre-orders as insta-installs, regardless of testflight. Annoying.

However, if you are still on the approved beta team (since the public beta has now expired) it's not too hard to switch back to the testflight version.

• edited April 2023

p.s. anyone who downloaded the manual a few weeks ago (when the preorder first launched) - there have been a few formatting and content tweaks made for the release version:

(further changes will follow as future updates drop)

• @tja said:
    I went to the App Store to install, but noticed that the App Store version was already installed over the TestFlight version!

that's because your beta probably expired .. Arto expired all previous beta versions pre-release .. it doesn't override active beta

• Thanks, @tk32 and @dendy

• @tk32 said:
    p.s. anyone who downloaded the manual a few weeks ago (when the preorder first launched) - there have been a few formatting and content tweaks made for the release version:

i have to say manual is kinda of perfection, great job @tk32 !

• This synth sounds amazing.

• @dendy said:

@tk32 said:

i have to say manual is kinda of perfection, great job @tk32 !

Agree the manual is exactly great , it what I want to buy an apps over 15 usd so now , I add to my requirements to have access to the manual before any app purchase particularly for complex apps ( if it is just an FX no need for that of course)

• @Gdub said:
    It amazes me that when I search for things on the App Store, the app doesn’t show up, or it’s miles down the page

If you write it in one word, as it should be, you find it. @ElektrikDiva Change header maybe? :D

• Does it run in the background. Midi map to external sequencers? Not mentioned in the manual.

• @The Krazy Wabbit said:
    Does it run in the background. Midi map to external sequencers? Not mentioned in the manual.

yeah, standalone version has background audio and midi mapping .. or you can load pligin version inside AUM and map it there (which i would do cause there you can save MIDI map for later reload)