Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New rock tune. AudioBus, Auria, MTDAW, AmpliTube, Flying Haggis, SampleTank, Final Touch, AudioShare

edited March 2015 in Creations

I wrote this one and recorded a version few years back. I think I started it on my iPod touch 3. Over the past few months, I've come back to it adding two new guitar parts (THM, Flying Haggis via AudioBus), redoing the vocals, mixing and recording in Auria, and finishing it off in Final Touch. The drums (sliced up IK MultiMedia Drummer Track), bass (AmpliTube), horns (SampleTank), and one guitar (AmpliTube) are from the original recording. I know it sounds a bit loose, but I like that. All comments on the song, mix, and performance are appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Comments

• edited March 2015

@supanorton Does have a loose-limbed driving feel. Why is it I always imagine you in a roadhouse somewhere? :) If I could add one thing it would be three girl backing singers. To be hyper-critical I might also suggest a bit more of a crescendo/pay-off (but that's where the backing vocals coming in and building up might help out :). Love that it started out on your 3.

• edited March 2015

Great live band sound on this. Playing and mix is great with a very full sound.
    A guitar solo in the middle would be really nice though :)

• Like the guitar riff throughout and a nice live sound across the board. As @JohnnyGoodyear said female backing vocals would be the icing on the cake. I just watched 'Twenty Feet from Stardom' about backing singers, well worth a viewing. So yeah if you could just get someone like Lisa Fischer singing in the background....:)

• Seems like a harmony horn part might be nice, unless I'm wrong I just hear the one trombone one some such. Sound very nice though!!!

• edited March 2015

Very nice ! Fresh and energetic
    Looking forward to hear more

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    supanorton Does have a loose-limbed driving feel. Why is it I always imagine you in a roadhouse somewhere? :) If I could add one thing it would be three girl backing singers. To be hyper-critical I might also suggest a bit more of a crescendo/pay-off (but that's where the backing vocals coming in and building up might help out :). Love that it started out on your 3.

Thank you, sir. Three girl background singers would certainly be cool. My wife can't sing, but my two daughters can. I shall consider it. The ending is sort of anti-climactic. One of the pitfalls of working with prerecorded drums and loops is their limitations. I often "confuse" their limitations with my own. No reason I couldn't have built up a more fitting ending for this but my own shortsightedness and laziness. Ah, the seedy glory of the roadhouse...It's been about 15 years since I put one through its paces. I don't necessarily miss the days when my answer to the question of how much money I had on me was, "All of it."

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Great live band sound on this. Playing and mix is great with a very full sound.
    A guitar solo in the middle would be really nice though :)

Thanks so much for listening. When you play guitar the way I do, you have to pick your spots for a solo. This wasn't one of them.

• @pangolin said:
    Like the guitar riff throughout and a nice live sound across the board. As JohnnyGoodyear said female backing vocals would be the icing on the cake. I just watched 'Twenty Feet from Stardom' about backing singers, well worth a viewing. So yeah if you could just get someone like Lisa Fischer singing in the background....:)

Thanks so much for the kind words and especially for listening. I'll see if I can get Mick and Keith to put in a good word to Lisa for me. I saw that film, and it was excellent.

• @Johow said:
    Seems like a harmony horn part might be nice, unless I'm wrong I just hear the one trombone one some such. Sound very nice though!!!

Hey, thank you. I tried working a few different parts out, but I had a hard time making the whole thing sound better than what I have. It's a great suggestion, and I'll revisit it next time. Thanks again.

• @Simanth said:
    Very nice ! Fresh and energetic
    Looking forward to hear more

Thanks so much for listening. Very happy you liked it.

• edited March 2015

@supanorton said:
    ...I don't necessarily miss the days when my answer to the question of how much money I had on me was, "All of it."

Classic line. Good writing is often the ability to evoke a strong response of understanding or recognition in the reader and Holy Shit does this do that :)

• Sounds really good! Very catchy tune.

• Great! I really like this song!

• @supanorton said:

Hey, thank you. I tried working a few different parts out, but I had a hard time making the whole thing sound better than what I have. It's a great suggestion, and I'll revisit it next time. Thanks again.

Horn parts have got to be one of the most difficult things to emulate I would think due to the expression factor of a wind instrument. Probably the best way to do it is to use loops such as we do with drums, if one can source them.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Classic line. Good writing is often the ability to evoke a strong response of understanding or recognition in the reader and Holy Shit does this do that :)

Happy to oblige. Sometimes it's best to keep those particular understandings and recognitions close to the surface.

• @Flo26 said:
    A rockn'roll song is always a pleasure for my ears! Great work man! This track brought a smile on my face! Thanks for that man! Take care.

Thanks, Flo. Glad it made you smile.

• @High5denied said:
    Sounds really good! Very catchy tune.

Thanks so much for listening and dropping the kind words.

• @Egz said:
    Great! I really like this song!

So glad you like it. Thanks for listening and letting me know.

• @Johow said:
    Horn parts have got to be one of the most difficult things to emulate I would think due to the expression factor of a wind instrument. Probably the best way to do it is to use loops such as we do with drums, if one can source them.

I never even thought about horn loops. Time to investigate. Thank you for the suggestion.