Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro-Tips ep 4: Ableton-Like Scene Setup

Here's the latest Loopy Pro-Tips episode: Did you know you can automate a whole session in Loopy Pro, fully hands-free? In this video I walk through how to adapt one of the sample projects to set up an Ableton Live-like scene setup, and use the sequencer to automate playback.

Comments

• Very nice! And great hair as usual.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Very nice! And great hair as usual.

😄

• tjatja
    edited April 2023

Link to the whole playlist, at best opened in a new tab or the YT App:

• @Michael Nice video that shows off some of the goodies in V1.1, as well! I am perhaps a bit of an outlier in that I make Scenes in Loopy Pro that don't just turn loops on/off but mute and unmute audio units and MIDI sources and change gain levels in channels and all sorts of things. Loopy Pro is wonderfully powerful and flexible and I can bend it to do all sorts of amazing scene changes with a push of a single button. Thank you! That said, while the copy/paste in the Actions is helpful it is still painful to set up complex scenes because there's no way (at least that I can see) that allows me to copy/paste ALL of the actions at once so that I can change their state per scene. Even better, I dream of a function where I could essentially set up a scene with mutes/unmutes, parameter changes, gain levels, FX sends changed, etc and then hit a button that essentially captures all the settings automagically. I think of it like saving a project in a specific state that I can assign to a button (and yes, it would be important to quantize the scene changes) so that I get super-quick and super-easy scenes. Is this even technically possible?

• Thanks...

• Excellent @Michael ! :) I'm currently stuck on Gadget, but I may soon go back to Loopy Pro for Ambient purposes, lol.

• Gadget + Loopy Pro ftw.

• I’m wondering if there is a way to easily copy a “row” of clips at once down as I build scenes? Or even an individual clip without having to go into the menu and export copy paste?

For example while live looping I’d love to be able to trigger the next scene but keep the same drum loop or bass line going so I can add to it, then copy that additional layer down to the next scene, and thus be able to switch back up to different “layers” of the song (e.g. flip back to just the intro keys, or back to the keys + drums, etc.). Does that make sense? Is there a way to accomplish this?

• Ooh that'd be good! I'll put that in soon.

Right now there're no actions to do that, but you could do it the manual way, select the row in the editor, copy, then paste below.

• @Michael said:
    Ooh that'd be good! I'll put that in soon.

Right now there're no actions to do that, but you could do it the manual way, select the row in the editor, copy, then paste below.

🤗