Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioScope: Multi channel mixer

This is absolutely amazing app…

Comments

• Looks really interesting...

• This one looks to be a MUST HAVE on iOS

• Nice work Paul!

• Impressive… I’d never use it, I’m too much of a rattle them out sort of guy but it’s darned impressive… does the man ever sleep ?

• Looks like an extraordinary app, and a genuine addition to what is available on iOS. Brilliant stuff

• Looks amazing. Visual Mixer on the next level. Snapshots as well for morphing. Instabuy.

• GarageBand here we come !

• Paul has one hell of a work ethic. Interested to see where this one goes.

• This one is quite unique.
    Nice job

• Say what. This looks cool. I hope, at least for me, it’s really light on cpu if it’s to be used on each track… looks awesome though.

• edited April 2023

Nice.. Automation? Maybe I missed it..

Edit.. Snapshots are revolutionary.. Thanks..

• This is getting closer to an idea I had previously of a user seeing tracks as elements which would be positionable (like puzzle pieces) in a spectrum which could be manipulated in real time to find the best mix.

• edited April 2023

Is there anything like this on desktop? Seems this will change the way music is mixed… and sounds..

Very nice..

Edit.. Those snapshots.. wow..

• Interesting for sure.

• Here is a Pre-Release look at AudioScope covering most of the main features.
    This is not a live stream, but it was a premier so the live chat was active, Paul was in the chat so if you want to follow the live chat you can if you like.

I hope you enjoy the video, this app is going to make a lot of people happy I think, and, although I am using this in AUM, you can also use it in
    GarageBand, Cubasis, Loopy Pro etc.
    Fo GarageBand users this will be really useful👍😊

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is a Pre-Release look at AudioScope covering most of the main features.
    This is not a live stream, but it was a premier so the live chat was active, Paul was in the chat so if you want to follow the live chat you can if you like.

I hope you enjoy the video, this app is going to make a lot of people happy I think, and, although I am using this in AUM, you can also use it in
    GarageBand, Cubasis, Loopy Pro etc.
    Fo GarageBand users this will be really useful👍😊

Thanks Doug! Looking forward to watching this after work.

• Game changier for iOS. There, I said it.

• @NeuM said:
    This is getting closer to an idea I had previously of a user seeing tracks as elements which would be positionable (like puzzle pieces) in a spectrum which could be manipulated in real time to find the best mix.

See the mixer in DrumJam--almost exactly like this one in conception.

• edited April 2023

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    See the mixer in DrumJam--almost exactly like this one in conception.

Or the drum set up in GarageBand or the mixer layout in one of Igor's early apps (SoundScaper?).

I don't think anyone is suggesting this is a totally new invention. But combined with the Snapshots, automation, ABC Mixes, and other filtering/compression features this looks like a very useful app.

• Is there a way to record movements, or to automate them, or to sequence patterns?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Is there a way to record movements, or to automate them, or to sequence patterns?

the snapshots move between each other over time ( or instantaneously ) so "animation/automation/morphing" is already possible.

• wimwim
    edited April 2023

Now that's one well thought out app!
    The stuff I do doesn't particularly need that but I'm gonna have to get it just because it's so well executed.

• @audiblevideo said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Is there a way to record movements, or to automate them, or to sequence patterns?

the snapshots move between each other over time ( or instantaneously ) so "animation/automation/morphing" is already possible.

I guess I’m wondering if transitioning between snapshots can be sequenced—eight bars of one snapshot, 16 of another, etc.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I guess I’m wondering if transitioning between snapshots can be sequenced—eight bars of one snapshot, 16 of another, etc.

I think the video said that the snapshots can be triggered by MIDI.

• edited April 2023

Has there been a release date announced? Did I overlook that in the video?

• @HotStrange said:
    Has there been a release date announced?

No.

• @wim said:
    The stuff I do doesn't particularly need that but I'm gonna have to get it just because it's so well executed.

It's MIDI Mixer on steroids!

I have that one, thought it'd be useful to replace and minimise the clumsy mixer in AUM and it does it well - it has the 'scenes' option too. But it adds a further step you have to go through when setting up your AUM jam session, and as these things tend to be spontaneous, spur-of-the-moment things (for me) I never get around to using it.

Not knocking this app at all - it looks like a wonderful thing, and helps push AUM a bit further towards being a 'proper' DAW, albeit a 'modular' one - but I can see me using it about twice and then just carrying on scolling around frantically in AUM rather than spending time setting up a proper thing.

I guess it makes me question what AUM is for. For me, it's a place to jam out ideas and create audio chunks for re-arrangement in external DAW's, and it does that very well. If it's to be more than that, then user-friendly mixing/mastering options should be built-in to minimise the amout of set-up time - those ten minutes when your great idea starts to slip away because you're concentrating on routing a bucketful of AU's that aren't connecting properly (or you've forgotten/didn't know you had to deselect the keyboard button in Koala to make the pads work via MIDI).

I'll probably buy it if it's reasonably priced, just to support a great developer. But I'd love to see him put all his clever ideas together and produce an all-in-one, where everything's already setup and I can just dive in and start making noises.

• @monz0id said:
    But I'd love to see him put all his clever ideas together and produce an all-in-one, where everything's already setup and I can just dive in and start making noises.

Why not just set up a template in AUM with MIDI Mixer and whatever else you use and then just load that every time you want to do a recording session?

Open AUM, open your template and, bang - ready to go.

• @Simon said:

@monz0id said:
    But I'd love to see him put all his clever ideas together and produce an all-in-one, where everything's already setup and I can just dive in and start making noises.

Why not just set up a template in AUM with MIDI Mixer and whatever else you use and then just load that every time you want to do a recording session?

not same thing, apples and oranges

• edited April 2023

@dendy said:

@Simon said:

not same thing, apples and oranges

Of course, silly me.

Thanks for explaining it so clearly. :smiley: