Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Off-Topic no longer showing in Recent Discussions catch-all

I see there's been some kerfluffle again, and I don't know if it was intentional that Off-Topic appears to not be in the Recent Discussions aggregated feed anymore. That's my entry point and it was confusing this morning when many threads were "missing".

Comments

• It doesn't show in the sidebar, but if you click Categories you can find it. That's only one more click once you know what to do.

• edited March 2023

@wim said:
    It doesn't show in the sidebar, but if you click Categories you can find it. That's only one more click once you know what to do.

Only issue I've noticed with the changes is that there's no indication now of new posts (no bold titles, or '2 new') - which makes it hard to keep up with off-topic threads.

Edit: seems to work now..

• edited March 2023

Was there a single incident of drama that caused this, or was it a general slow boil?

• Heh. Always good to know a back door.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Was there a single incident of drama that caused this, or was it a general slow boil?

I think it was the Waves Goodbye thread that tipped things over the boiling point, but the issue has been way more systemic.

• @Liquidmantis said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

I think it was the Waves Goodbye thread that tipped things over the boiling point, but the issue has been way more systemic.

Oh yeah, that one did seem a bit bad-tempered!

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

It wasn't just that thread. I think that thread caused the mods to take stock and realize that the amount of bickering in general was an increasing drag.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

It wasn't just that thread. I think that thread caused the mods to take stock and realize that the amount of bickering in general was an increasing drag.

I don’t think that dumpster fire semi-hidden category (I forget the name) helped either. Someone linked to it in a thread once, and it seemed like everyone’s prejudices and self-aggrandizement were being vented there. Hope that one is gone.

• @michael_m said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

I don’t think that dumpster fire semi-hidden category (I forget the name) helped either. Someone linked to it in a thread once, and it seemed like everyone’s prejudices and self-aggrandizement were being vented there. Hope that one is gone.

Yes it seems "Recent Events" is gone. Not a big loss by any stretch of the imagination. :)

• We do not speak of that place.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@michael_m said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Yes it seems "Recent Events" is gone. Not a big loss by any stretch of the imagination. :)

Yes, it definitely didn’t have any positive impact on the forum.