Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Waves Goodbye ...

edited March 2023 in Other

(Removed)

Comments

• People who rely on the Waves stuff will more or less have to subscribe and will end up in similar lock-down as Adobe users...

What's next? A 'free' DAW for iOS with all but the very basic functions being subscription only?

• Bye, Felicia.

• It's a stupid April fools joke so it seems.

• 'Waves Zealots' in action promoting the new stuff :sunglasses:

(Just avoid all their productions and BOOM no one will miss them ever again).

• I was wondering what this was all about. I found this:

" Waves has announced that you can pay a subscription to own all of the plugins on their website.

But they've removed the ability for anyone to buy licenses to any plugins. So there isn't an option to actually purchase the software anymore.

On top of that, the only way to update any of your plugins that you ALREADY OWN LEGALLY BECAUSE YOU PURCHASE, you have to go through their subscription now.

So even though they say "you can keep your legally purchased perpetual licenses", they don't really mean that. They'll stop working on new computers. "

Is that the story?

• @Simon said:

Is that the story?

BINGO! In order to get updates and bug-fixes to your existing plug-ins you'll have to subscribe...

• @Samu said:

@Simon said:

Is that the story?

BINGO! In order to get updates and bug-fixes to your existing plug-ins you'll have to subscribe...

Here I thought it was an April fool's joke, lol. This is far worse.

• While I don’t love Adobe’s model, at least they’re providing the ecosystem as a whole, and it’s probably around the same price overall as it used to be keeping up to date with the paid releases, this subscriptions for everything lark really isn’t going to be that great for many people. I do note that the studios I work with get cheaper mass subs for the plugin suites that they then farm out to us freelancers on a project by project basis, so that’s a way it can work, but for individual artists, there’s no way you can go for that unless it’s just the one big one that covers everything and you practically ignore everything else…

• I'm speculating big-time but...

...It does make me wonder what will happen to the Waves stuff that can be bought as IAPs inside Cubasis?

Is the license Steinberg has for them still valid now that Waves has shifted everything towards subscription?
    Is there even a remote possibility that the Waves stuff inside Cubasis will become an optional subscriptions?

Oh well, time will tell...

• edited March 2023

@Simon said:
    I was wondering what this was all about. I found this:

" Waves has announced that you can pay a subscription to own all of the plugins on their website.

But they've removed the ability for anyone to buy licenses to any plugins. So there isn't an option to actually purchase the software anymore.

On top of that, the only way to update any of your plugins that you ALREADY OWN LEGALLY BECAUSE YOU PURCHASE, you have to go through their subscription now.

So even though they say "you can keep your legally purchased perpetual licenses", they don't really mean that. They'll stop working on new computers. "

Affinity did something similar with their graphics suite and introduced new, separate versions of their apps (a subscription by any other name), though after a wave of complaints, grudgingly said they’d keep original purchases bug fixed for a limited period.

• @Samu said:
    I'm speculating big-time but...

...It does make me wonder what will happen to the Waves stuff that can be bought as IAPs inside Cubasis?

Is the license Steinberg has for them still valid now that Waves has shifted everything towards subscription?
    Is there even a remote possibility that the Waves stuff inside Cubasis will become an optional subscriptions?

Oh well, time will tell...

I'd be very surprised if that wasn't treated as a completely separate concern i.e the license agreement between Cubase and Waves will be unaffected.

• Looks like got rid of the legacy V9 offline installer too.

What a colossal waste of time and money. Good riddance.

Reminds me of the old saying "Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me."

• As we have come to expect, a quality take from you on yet another sensitive issue. Fine work. 🎖️

• Glad I never got into Waves. Bought one set of plugins a while ago and then I got a WUP email the next year, proceeded to never use them again.

• Surprised you didn’t name this thread with the very obvious: “Waves Goodbye” :p

• I’ve used Waves for years and never had any issues. They make some really useful stuff that gets used on every session I do. To be fair though, once I have a rock solid recording setup, I don’t update anything. Can’t afford to be down for days or weeks.

• edited March 2023

I've only just realised that the Waves ad pic was modified, fab :)

.. yeah, looks like it's wave goodbye Waves .. kinda shabby

• @ervin said:

As we have come to expect, a quality take from you on yet another sensitive issue. Fine work. 🎖️

Ha! Thanks! I mean, if they would’ve just offered a subscription model in addition to the traditional model, l don’t think they would be pissing off so many customers.

• @NeuM said:
    Surprised you didn’t name this thread with the very obvious: “Waves Goodbye” :p

OK, there you go! Duh, it was right there staring at me!

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@NeuM said:
    Surprised you didn’t name this thread with the very obvious: “Waves Goodbye” :p

OK, there you go! Duh, it was right there staring at me!

😉👍

• @cabo said:
    I've only just realised that the Waves ad pic was modified, fab :)

.. yeah, looks like it's wave goodbye Waves .. kinda shabby

:D

Ha! Thanks! Yeah, the knife in the back is a bit of a clue.

• afternoon. controversial-opnion-haver here. i think this is good. I bought my waves plugins about a decade ago, and WUP has cost me more than the $249 a year they're asking for this subscription, and as well as providing continuous updates for OS / Hardware changes, they've added half a dozen new plugins to my bundles every year.

more generally, I think subscriptions are good. you can argue that it's done solely for financial reasons and while that's true, a side effect of that financial stability is that the companies are better able to allocate their resources. protools used to be updated every couple of years, now it's updated 4 times a year. likewise creative cloud.

• So does this qualify for “Bait & Switch “ designation ? -
    a few years of $29 bargain selling of plugins , then when everyone is using them in their projects -
    ta da - now you’ll need a subscription for that to continue working on next OS .

• edited March 2023
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:

@monz0id said:

@Simon said:

Affinity did something similar with their graphics suite and introduced new, separate versions of their apps (a subscription by any other name), though after a wave of complaints, grudgingly said they’d keep original purchases bug fixed for a limited period.

Absolute crap, Affinity released a new paid for version after a whole **** ton of years of free updates, and a load of entitled cry babies whined like they so often do, there was no hint at subscription in any way shape or form, just a company trying to stay in business by releasing an updated version that was pay for.

"Boohoo, I use your software all the time, I paid once many years ago, and the original software still works perfectly, why should I pay you any more money after all these years of free updates"
    Company does not charge for any updates ever, goes out of business, clever stuff, right?

If you think this Waves subscription rubbish compares to that, in any way shape or form, you really need help.

Well that’s you placed on my ignore list then. Twat.

• edited March 2023

@winconway said:

@monz0id said:

@Simon said:

Absolute crap, Affinity released a new paid for version after a whole **** ton of years of free updates, and a load of entitled cry babies whined like they so often do, there was no hint at subscription in any way shape or form, just a company trying to stay in business by releasing an updated version that was pay for.

"Boohoo, I use your software all the time, I paid once many years ago, and the original software still works perfectly, why should I pay you any more money after all these years of free updates"
    Company does not charge for any updates ever, goes out of business, clever stuff, right?

If you think this Waves subscription rubbish compares to that, in any way shape or form, you really need help.

Yes there's no comparison with Affinity at all ... Affinityhave released v2 after many years of free v1 updates, and promises of maintaining v1 to keep it running for the timebeing anyways.

• @craftycurate said:

@winconway said:

@monz0id said:

@Simon said:

Yeah no comparison with Affinity at all ... Affinityhave released v2 after many years of free v1 updates, and promises of maintaining v1 to keep it running for the timebeing anyways.

And you.

• Well argued! :D 👏

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Well argued! :D 👏

Why would I waste my time ‘arguing’ with someone who’s just posted a pile of abuse?

Perfectly acceptable response in my book.

• @monz0id said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Well argued! :D 👏

Why would I waste my time ‘arguing’ with someone who’s just posted a pile of abuse?

Perfectly acceptable response in my book.

Indeed. Opinions are welcome here, not abuse.