Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any new KORG app on the horizon?

edited March 2023 in Other

Is there any news about a new KORG app for iOS?
In 4 months will be 5 years since they released last app - Electribe Wave (August 2018).
Would be great to get another toy from them, eg. mobile version of Wavestate native, Modwave native or Opsix native, which are aleeady released on Desktop.

Comments

• I emailed Korg when they released desktop versions of Wavestate, etc, if they’d port them to iOS, as they’d be perfect with touch controls - But they said they had no plans at the time. I don’t have any other info, but would love it if Korg released more iOS apps - they’re 1 of my fave developers..🎛

• NAMM '23 is around the corner so I'll try to stay positive.

But I really have no higher hopes for any more new Korg apps for iOS/iPadOS, I'd love to be proven wrong though...
    ...we might get a few more Module IAPs but that's about it.

• edited March 2023

@gdog / @Samu Thanks for the info. I hope KORG will make an iOS port of these apps in the future anyway. I would most like to see Wavestate. Cheers!

• edited March 2023

Modwave and Wavestate are excellent, but I think if they would release any, it would have to be more from the legacy synths collection or something unique to iOS.

• The most used phrase in KORG threads is „would be great if…” :D

• Maybe microKORG and Prophecy and Da Tritons as AUv3's/Gadgets?

But yeah, time will tell what pops up...

• I’d rather they go back and continue to work on the existing ones.

• Meanwhile at KORGs IOS development HQ

• edited March 2023

Don't get your hopes up.

The new VSTs of opsix etc are all great tho, just use them on desktop.

• @GrimLucky said:
    Meanwhile at KORGs IOS development HQ

:lol:

• @Samu said:
    Maybe microKORG and Prophecy and Da Tritons as AUv3's/Gadgets?

But yeah, time will tell what pops up...

Yes I’ve got those for the desktop Vintage Collection and the are excellent, so would be great additions to iOS no doubt, especially the Prophecy with it’s sensible UI and not the tiny LCD of the original hardware.

• edited March 2023

I am guessing there is not enough money for Korg to bother with new iOS apps.

Either the market is too small, or there are too many other developers and not enough loot to go around.

The iOS scene has changed a lot since "Gadget" first came out.

• @Simon said:

The iOS scene has changed a lot since "Gadget" first came out.

Yeah, feels like of the real 'innovation' has slowly faded away and we'll get bombarded with more ported ported desktop plugins with close to zero touch-adaptation and most requiring hosts that support plug-in delay compensation which is still a rarity on iOS.

Considering what Waves is doing I would not be surprised if we get some spill-over to iOS at some point. Ie. the the 'base host' is free but all plug-ins are subscription only... (Think for example Cubasis with subscription to Waves plug-ins...).

The more I think about it I'm more and more heading back to my tracker roots...

Cheers!

• Maybe but the ARP odyssey synth reversed the trend and went from iOS to desktop, I don’t think iOS is their priority more like a slow burner.

• You never know, Korg may groK it good & return to iOS..
    Also I’d definitely pay more for their apps, similar to Fabfilter, etc

• @gdog said:
    You never know, Korg may groK it good & return to iOS..

+1 Over all the years so far the KORG stuff has gotten most use on my iPads (and still does with Module Pro being my top pick for bread'n'butter sounds). I would probably use iM1 and iWaveStation a lot more if they were AUv3s.

• I mainly work in Gadget so any new stuff from Korg excites me.
    So wouldn’t mind a Triton, Prophecy, Wavestate, Opsix, Modwave, miniKorg, microKorg, Koass Pad and Electribe R for Gadget :D

Having said that, there’s much I still need to explore more in Gadget+add-ons. I feel like haven’t scratched the surface on some. As long as Korg maintains them I’m happy.

• @R_2 said:
    I mainly work in Gadget so any new stuff from Korg excites me.
    So wouldn’t mind a Triton, Prophecy, Wavestate, Opsix, Modwave, miniKorg, microKorg, Koass Pad and Electribe R for Gadget :D

Having said that, there’s much I still need to explore more in Gadget+add-ons. I feel like haven’t scratched the surface on some. As long as Korg maintains them I’m happy.

Same. I gave up hope on new stuff from Korg so as long as they keep Gadget in maintenance mode for a long while, I'm fine.

• [ Meanwhile at Korg HQ, there’s currently a meeting occurring: ]
    You know what our marketing tells us the public are crying out for – what they want is a Module Pro Hybrid Synth ‘best of’ collection

What, all the best patches of Hybrid Synth that we’ve already done, you mean?

No, of course not – not all of them!

• Considering the move Waves has made to go subscription only I would NOT be surprised at all if KORG goes the same route with their desktop offerings...

• @MAtrixplan said:
    The most used phrase in KORG threads is „would be great if…” :D

LOL!

• edited March 2023

@Samu said:
    Considering the move Waves has made to go subscription only I would NOT be surprised at all if KORG goes the same route with their desktop offerings...

Subscription services are great for the developer, less so for the customer. It’s like slowly being bled to death. I’ll cancel any developer who makes a subscription their only option for users.

• @Samu said:
    Considering the move Waves has made to go subscription only I would NOT be surprised at all if KORG goes the same route with their desktop offerings...

I thought they already had an optional subscription for their suite of desktop plugins? (Both a subscription option and a "buy it outright" option.)

Then again, I just hope they don't release a Gadget 3 that is subscription-only, lol. 😅

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

I thought they already had an optional subscription for their suite of desktop plugins? (Both a subscription option and a "buy it outright" option.)

Then again, I just hope they don't release a Gadget 3 that is subscription-only, lol. 😅

The could do it...
    ...ie. offer subscription to 'new' users and 'reward' existing users with a 'life time' subscription (it's doable, the developer can for example enable the 'life time' subscription for users who bought the app prior the date before it went subscription with zero user-interaction and without any 'real' subscription, life time = no subscription).

That is as long as the 'app bundle id' stays the same...
    ...or do it via iCloud like Steinberg did for transferring plug-ins (ie. the IAPs) from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3...

So yeah, I would not be surprised at all if this would happen.
    (Korg already knows how to do the transfers over iCloud when for example installing iM1 and iWaveStation Gadgets on the iPhone).

Time will tell where things go though...
    ...I'd love to see at least some indications of Korg Development on iOS.

• edited March 2023

@Samu said:

@gdog said:
    You never know, Korg may groK it good & return to iOS..

+1 Over all the years so far the KORG stuff has gotten most use on my iPads (and still does with Module Pro being my top pick for bread'n'butter sounds). I would probably use iM1 and iWaveStation a lot more if they were AUv3s.

I find myself slowly replacing Module Pro with other apps for my "bread'n'butter" sounds. Pure Piano (and Pure Upright) for acoustic pianos, instead of Module Pro's Ivory American D . GSi (Genuine Soundware) for 3 incredible organs (VB3m, Red Animal, and CompactDeLuxe). bs-16i for lots of other instruments. I still love Module Pro's Classic EP-88M and Wurly.

• @Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

The could do it...
    ...ie. offer subscription to 'new' users and 'reward' existing users with a 'life time' subscription (it's doable, the developer can for example enable the 'life time' subscription for users who bought the app prior the date before it went subscription with zero user-interaction and without any 'real' subscription, life time = no subscription).

That is as long as the 'app bundle id' stays the same...
    ...or do it via iCloud like Steinberg did for transferring plug-ins (ie. the IAPs) from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3...

So yeah, I would not be surprised at all if this would happen.
    (Korg already knows how to do the transfers over iCloud when for example installing iM1 and iWaveStation Gadgets on the iPhone).

Hmm, that would be a great route for Korg to take. :)

Same here mate.

• @Samu said:

True in case of iM1, iWavestation is universal though ;)

Me too, Korg always kept their cards close to their chest. Long silence could mean no new development for iOS or a new app out of the blue (like they did before).

• @R_2 said:

Me too, Korg always kept their cards close to their chest. Long silence could mean no new development for iOS or a new app out of the blue (like they did before).

NAMM '23 is around the corner and that is where most of the big players showcase new stuff...
    (Yamaha is rumored to finally bring the AN-X engine to Montage & MODX+ and if that's the case that thing will be a 'drool factor' for me as I love the Yamaha sounds as much as I love the KORG sounds).

I hope to see 'something' iOS from KORG no matter what it is :sunglasses:

• If korg updated gadget to include auv3 instruments and effects . . .

• You are scaring me about subscription :/ I have all KORG apps that run both separately and as plugins in Gadgets, but I think I have to consider to buy all or most the others plugins inside Gadgets just in case.

As far as I remember there is a registered KORG employee on ABForum. If the NAMM 23 don't provide an answer we can try to ask him about KORG's plans for iOS platform in this thread or via PM. Although if company policy doesn't allow for disclosure, we won't know anything still.