Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Closing the recent events forum

edited March 2023 in Other

EDIT: After the input below, I've decided the Recent Events forum is more trouble than it's worth, so it's being removed immediately. Please use non-public messaging (DMs, or something outside the forum) for continuing any political discussion. Thanks!

Hey guys,

I feel this is a good time to reflect on the success or otherwise of the recent events section of this forum, after receiving yet more flags – it seems most days I have to dig into one thread or another after someone has flagged something they find insulting, for good reason or otherwise.

Obviously, this means it takes up my time and attention which is fairly scarce these days, aside from itself being an indication of possible poor civil health here.

But, not being a regular visitor to this section of the forum myself, I don’t really have a sense of it. Because of the simple mechanics of being a moderator, all I really see are people shouting at each other and acting like juvenile delinquents 😏

So, my question to you: is it worth it, having a section of the forum specifically devoted to “political discourse”, or whatever it is that goes on here? Do you think the positives outweigh the negatives? Is it providing a useful space to share ideas and discuss issues, or is it just bringing the tone of the place down?

Thanks for your input!

Comments

• As a regular visitor to this section of the forum I have to say I have mixed feelings about it.

There are times when useful information is shared here, keeping up with the Ukraine thread for example, but often the good stuff just gets lost in the pointless bickering.

I have been grateful for the opportunity to discuss some of these more political topics, but it only takes one or two individuals to completely derail a thread so that it’s no longer that useful.

On balance I’m not sure that it’s worth it.

• edited March 2023

Not worth keeping.

You can get info about Ukraine and other things from tons of other sites.

And you can argue politics on tons of other sites.

This area just creates divisions between Forum members who would otherwise get on as friends.

Give it the flick.

• If it was my company website, I wouldn’t want to be associated with anti-vaccination/anti-mask wearing gaslighting, pro-kremlin propaganda and right-wing conspiracy videos.

So if that’s not being moderated, then I wouldn’t risk hosting it.

However until it was trashed, I found the Ukrainian thread very informative.

• If it is a hassle for you Michael, I am not sure that it is worth it. I appreciate the Ukraine updates from Richard, but I am not loving some of the questionable COVID takes or the culture war threads.

• Or rather , I don’t love the dynamic those conversations take on.

• Okay, great - I think that's pretty much what I expected to hear. That's enough for me!

I'll remove the category today or tomorrow, I think.

• Michael, thank you

• The same geopolitical geniuses will just continue to weep and moan in other topics, like whack-a-mole, but thanks also.

• I concur, I’m addicted to checking it but it brings me down mostly

• edited March 2023

@maxwellhouser said:
    I concur, I’m addicted to checking it but it brings me down mostly

Same here - and it is a huge timesink.

• It was an interesting experiment because the forum filters out most of the really bad actors on these controversial topics. But anything that detracts from @michael's work is asking too much of him and his work to maintain this site and it's services.

As always just ignoring someone is preferable to requesting censorship or cancelling, IMHO. But too many just can't change the channel on noisy signals. Filters applied well are a godsend.

Good Bye current events.

• wimwim
    edited March 2023

I agree completely. And I’m sorry you ever had to become involved @Michael. I felt the Ukraine thread was helpful at one time, but that has been hopelessly derailed for some time now.

• Absolutely the best idea Michael. 👍🏼

• I never even knew it existed. :'(

• The truth is out there, but you have to be willing to look. <3

• edited March 2023

Yeah it never should have been added in the first place. So good riddance and off you go.

• @CapnWillie said:
    I think I’m gonna go celebrate.

😄

• @CapnWillie said:
    I think I’m gonna go celebrate.

Me too. It was exhausting and destructive.