Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you watching? Is it good?

Comments

• New South Park

• BenBen
    edited February 2023

No idea how I got to this one.
    Dudley Moore and Raquel Welch a couple of pieces of bait I’m sure.
    Would have been easy to give up on early but glad I stuck with it.
    Quotable as hell: “Julie Andrews!” “I’m so hot and sticky Randall.” Not for everyone, maybe not me either but that was part of my Friday night somehow.
    I think @Svetlovska would appreciate this.

Oh, and the devil. Can’t forget that filthy bastard.

• @Ben: you are correct in that assumption. :) It’s been in my DVD collection for years. Peter Cook as the 60s-cool Devil is sublime…

• I'm having hysterical laughs at BoloDaProducers shorts.
    https://www.youtube.com/@BoloDaProducer/shorts

• Has anyone mentioned "Wu-Tang: An American Saga" yet? It's so much better than I even dared hope, and the guy playing ODB is a revelation.

• Great vid on one of my favourite contemporary philosophers, Byung-Chul Han, and his ideas about how 'power' works in modern society. Very relevant to social media etc. Depressing but insightful

• I just watched this, and despite the attention seeking kitten playing, still loved the slow cinema experience; great sound design and epic shots around Chernobyl’s twin station being slowly dismantled…

https://mubi.com/films/burial

HMU if you want a referral code that’ll get you and me a free month on there, I really love this streaming service like no other…

• Kinda just fell into 'The Lincoln Lawyer' (Netflix). The titular contrivance aside, I'm finding it quite an enjoyable but strange experience. It reminds me so much of 80's/90's TV crime dramas e.g 'Columbo', 'Murder She Wrote' etc. Sure...It's about a lawyer, not a detective (It's also not a weekly-procedural). But it has all the wholesome-ness of these shows, and none of the overtly explicit violence and/or sex one might expect from a modern show. Only half-way through, so maybe that'll change.

It's certainly no 'Goliath' (Amazon Prime), but for the moment it's an easy, non-challenging AND enjoyable watch.

• No comments, he has a lot of good videos on other soundstuff as well...
    ...makes me wonder if my Røde SmartLav+ is 'waterproof' :sunglasses:

• Succession season 4 later this month. Greatest script writing ever for a TV show.

Not as entertaining as Breaking Bad, but better writing IMHO.

6 episodes only.
    Last season.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Succession season 4 later this month. Greatest script writing ever for a TV show.

6 episodes only.
    Last season.

My favourite TV show ever! And far more entertaining than Breaking Bad IMHO. 'Boars on the floor' 🤣

If you like this, you'll probably love The White Lotus and Madmen, if you haven't seen them yet. Also the movie Triangle of Sadness 👍

• edited March 2023

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    Succession season 4 later this month. Greatest script writing ever for a TV show.

6 episodes only.
    Last season.

My favourite TV show ever! And far more entertaining than Breaking Bad IMHO. 'Boars on the floor' 🤣

If you like this, you'll probably love The White Lotus and Madmen, if you haven't seen them yet. Also the movie Triangle of Sadness 👍

Madmen is not my cup of tea but The White Lotus looks promissing. I will watch it when I take my subscription for Crave TV (after the release of the last episode of Succession). Thanks for the recommandation.

• edited March 2023

Here's a short video talking about Video Game Villains. Full disclosure: This young-guy-in-LA-with-plenty-of-opinions also happens to be the fine fellow whose college bills I seem to be paying :)

• Just blew through both seasons of Slow Horses in Apple TV great show.

• @michael_m said:
    New South Park

Yes sir.

• https://twitch.tv/directory/game/Music
    I watch alot of musicians streaming on Twitch.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Just blew through both seasons of Slow Horses in Apple TV great show.

Yup. Really good stuff....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Here's a short video talking about Video Game Villains. Full disclosure: This young-guy-in-LA-with-plenty-of-opinions also happens to be the fine fellow whose college bills I seem to be paying :)

Haven’t played a video game since a rather violent game of Asteroids back in the pub days. But after watching your Kid strut his knowledge and charisma on the subject, he’s persuaded me to take a look in the store. He is a Film Star…and has the best hair EVER. Also watched Good Sequels. This quote from it is brilliant:

“If New Hope is your favourite Star Wars movie…fuck you!”

:)

• Just finished The Last of Us.
    My son wouldn’t stop bugging me until I watched it.
    Holy shit. I know nothing about the game (or gaming) but I may have to buy a PlayStation.
    Agree that that E3 really got things cooking but it just kept getting better from there.
    That last episode! Joel is a blue chip bad ass.
    When’s season 2 ?!

• @Bluepunk said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Haven’t played a video game since a rather violent game of Asteroids back in the pub days. But after watching your Kid strut his knowledge and charisma on the subject, he’s persuaded me to take a look in the store. He is a Film Star…and has the best hair EVER. Also watched Good Sequels. This quote from it is brilliant:

“If New Hope is your favourite Star Wars movie…fuck you!”

:)

Funny aint it....I always thought that back then, when you and I were about his kind of age, it was our punk outlook that made us so certain, but it turns out that most 19 and 20 year olds are that utterly certain. It's taken me a long time to lose that, which can also be said for the hair.... :)

• Been on a binge of Peter Strickland movies, he was totally off my radar but seems to be shaping up to be the most interesting director of recent times for me. Often a really interesting mix of giallo-style horror and aesthetics, retro vibes, very British humour (apparently a lot of Americans don't get his humour but to me it is hilarious) and incredible scores and sound production. Berberian Sound Studio and In Fabric are my faves so far.

• Anybody seen Babylon?

• Step 1, unplug the bot. Step two, you got away with murder.

• Interstellar. Pretty good sci-fi romp, but gets overly mawkish at points.

• Downloadable/Playable Twin Peaks fan game (demo, Windows)
    There are more details on the Youtube description.

Latest Mortal Kombat promo, and etc.

It's all in your mind

Off Topics

-It's all in your mind (part 2)

-Pro wrestlers Terry Funk and Bray Wyatt recently passed away.

• Foundation. And no, it’s not good.

• @Tarekith said:
    Foundation. And no, it’s not good.

I agree. Unfortunately. Beautiful but feeble. And the second season is worse than the first imho.

• @ervin said:

@Tarekith said:
    Foundation. And no, it’s not good.

I agree. Unfortunately. Beautiful but feeble. And the second season is worse than the first imho.

Yeah, so much money spent on a story that's just all over the place. Honestly if they took out Harry Seldon's character the whole thing would be WAY easier to follow :)

• Been watching Cowboy Bebop. Not usually a big anime fan, but I have been enjoying this.