Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live recording; Korg Module, AudioReverb, GarageBand

I used Audiobus to route a Korg Module piano and a mic (via AudioReverb), into GarageBand. It's a live setup, with piano (played from my Studiologic Acuna 73) and vocal (routed via Alesis iO Dock II) recorded to a stereo audio track in GarageBand. I ran it through MasterRecord and Final Touch after recording. It's an original song by me and I have in mind an instrumental section, to follow what I recorded here... that bit is still just in my mind, though; haven't totally figured it out yet! Hope you enjoy listening, anyway :)

Comments

• Good stuff. Can hear a little Mister Gabriel about the place in this. I demand CELLO!

• Anything that recalls "Mr. Gabriel" is a good thing in my book! Song sounds great.

• Sorry, I meant to hit edit, not quote. Anyway, the song sounds great, I really liked the mood and I look forward to hearing what you do with it. Let me know if I can be of any assistance, good stuff.

• I like it. what mic are you using for vocals?

• Thank you all :)

@JohnnyGoodyear - cello is a great suggestion! I don't have one, but that's a minor technicality.

@mrufino1 - thanks for the offer...don't suppose you play cello? xD

@Hmtx - it's an Electrovoice ND967 mic. I've not had it long, but I like it a lot.

• edited March 2015

@Vecoto Thumbjam has a pretty cello sound :)

EDIT: Have always heard good things about those mics....

• @vecoto, I'm a bassist, but my mother has been a cellist for 50 years.

• I demand to come to the wedding!

• Fifty years with a real cello probably trumps my five weeks with Thumbjam. @mrufino1 - PM sent :)