Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Salty Dog (Procol Harum Cover) – Recorded Live in the Studio

edited March 2023 in Creations

I’m one of the Shoal Survivors, a group of 15 or 20 musicians and singers who come together periodically in various configurations and venues. This track was recorded live in a small studio outside of New York City. The song was arranged, learned, and performed in one long session and we got this take only moments before a few of us had to leave for the airport. The drums were re-recorded later on a real kit at our drummer’s home; otherwise, there were no overdubs. I’m on the acoustic guitar surrounded by some truly gifted players.

Thanks for listening and please “like” the video on YouTube (assuming that you like it)…

Comments

• I love this song and your cover is as respectful as it is brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing it, which I am very happy to relay.

• Excellent! This takes me way back. I always thought this was a really beautiful song. You guys nailed it. I have to admit, I might have cried… just a little.

• Wowzer! One of my favorite songs and you all do it great Justice. And all in one day… wonderful! Are you the vocalist, I hope? If so, I have a song I’d like you to sing if you’d be up for it.

• @Kitusai Thank you so much!

@Paulieworld I’m a huge fan. Thank you!

@LinearLineman Big fan of yours as well. I really appreciate the complements. Although I sometimes sing with these folks, I’m the guitarist on this one. If you’re interested, I can put you in touch with the singer, Malcolm, whose idea it was to play this song.

• I have been listening to the original. I like yours better. Your vocalist really knocks it out of the park, and the mix is perfect!

• Fantastic! Big Procol Harum fan, and loved it!

• Beautiful. Also a big fan. Really putting yourself out there to record such an iconic song. Great cover.

• Wow! What a great version! I really liked it and it brought back many memories!

• @Paulieworld said:
    I have been listening to the original. I like yours better. Your vocalist really knocks it out of the park, and the mix is perfect!

He’ll be happy to hear this, especially because the singer is also the mix engineer for everything we do.

• Sounded really good and to get it that tight in a short period of time is pretty impressive for a group that size.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    Sounded really good and to get it that tight in a short period of time is pretty impressive for a group that size.

Thanks @hacked_to_pieces! It was a very special afternoon.

• Great performance, great vocal.

• Incredible vocal, and great performances all round.

• @Svetlovska @richardyot Thank you both! I’ll pass your kudos to the singer.

• edited March 2023

Not usually a fan of covers of songs where the original was really good, but definitely think this is an exception for me. Really well arranged and played.

• I really appreciate you saying that @michael_m

• Hi, just joined the forum. Thanks for all your kind words about the video (I did the vocal and the mix.) It's an honor to be able to make music with such talented people!

• Tremendous work, especially in just a day. Great singing @mtpollack ! Please post whatever else the Shoal Survivors do 🙏